TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Roswell, New Mexico

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Roswell, New Mexico users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 19, 2019 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think I love this show! Jackson from The Originals, Tyler Lockwood from The Vampire Diaries. It has pretty people and just enough weirdness (aliens) to be fun.

I actually went to Roswell in 1997, when they were celebrating the 50 year anniversary of the "incident." My brother was stationed at Clovis, NM (only a couple of hours away), and he took me there for the day. We went to the Roswell Alien Museum and Research Center. They take their aliens very seriously in Roswell. I made an X-Files joke and the lady in the gift shop didn't even crack a smile. It's a crazy place.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 19, 2019 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I may have to take a peek then. Thanks!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
what network is this on?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's on the CW.

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
I liked it. I live in Albuquerque and visit Roswell frequently. This show is nothing about the real town but just the spot to build an interesting show from. And yes Babyjaxmom we in New Mexico have Hatch Chilies and Aliens as our claim to fame LOL and take them both very seriously...

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Hatch Chilies.....yummy!! I love those chilies!!

I haven't watched this show but will look into it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was looking at the cast list yesterday and found out that the woman who plays Isobel (the female alien) is Christine Baranski's daughter! Wow!

I like this show more and more each time. It reminds me so much of Vampire Diaries and The Originals. Everybody knows there's weird stuff going on in town, but they just take it in stride. "Aliens? Sure. No biggie." Love it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I was looking at the cast list yesterday and found out that the woman who plays Isobel (the female alien) is Christine Baranski's daughter! Wow! "

Interesting. When I read that it made me think about the original "Roswell" (1999-2002)

The original "Roswell" produced some pretty big names. I never even heard of these actors until I watched Roswell (1999-2002) and now they have successful careers:

Katherine Heigl (Roswell, Grey's Anatomy, Suits), Colin Hanks (Roswell, Life in Pieces, Dexter), Emilie de Ravin (Roswell, Lost, Once Upon a Time), and Adam Rodriguiz (Roswell, CSI Miami, Criminal Minds)

I'm sure a lot of the others went on to do well, too...but these are the ones *I* had never heard of until I watched Roswell.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 01, 2019 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hmmmmm. I'd always heard about that show, but never watched it. May have to see if I can find it on Amazon or Hulu. Thanks!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 01, 2019 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
CW has its own free channel on my TV. If you have a smart TV you might be able to watch it there.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 01, 2019 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom. The original Roswell (1999) is apparently streaming on Hulu.

https://www.hulu.com/series/roswell-161ef8d0-5e31-436f-91fa-704e9e5a3a85

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 01, 2019 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yup, I figured that out. Thanks!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 07, 2019 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I"ve been watching the original Roswell on Hulu. Another actor who came out of that show was Shiri Appleby (Liz), who recently was in Unreal. She was very young in this show and hadn't really developed much acting skill yet.

I find I prefer the new show to the old one, but may keep watching for "things I should know."

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 22, 2019 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm on season 3 of the original show, and my opinion has changed. I love the original! It was cheesy, but fun.

Just finished watching the most recent episode of the new series. Noticed in the credits that it was directed by Shiri Appleby. She's come a long way in the last 20 years.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 22, 2019 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Another actor who came out of that show was Shiri Appleby (Liz), who recently was in Unreal."

Interesting that she's now directing!

The guy that played Michael (Brendon Fehr) played the gay doctor veteran on that bad hospital show, Night Shift and he also played Booth's brother on Bones and he had roles in a couple other popular series that I can't remember just now.

I do remember that Brendon Fehr did a vampire movie called The Forsaken a couple years before Roswell.

Speaking of vampires...I recently rewatched all 7 seasons of True Blood (LOVE that show!) and I realised that in the final season, LaFayette had a new boyfriend named James (a vampire) and guess who played James? It was none other than Nathan Parsons, who now plays Max on the new Roswell, New Mexico!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I may be the only one still watching this show, but I just watched the season 3 finale and in the final scene there was a naked girl who walked into a bar somewhere in Mexico (another alien?). The older lady who seems to own the bar brings her over to another woman sitting in the shadows, and says, "I think she's one of the sky people you're always talking about. She says she's looking for 'Liz Ortecho.'" The woman in the shadows leans forward into the light and says, "Liz Ortecho? She was a student of mine!" The actress is Shiri Appleby, the original Liz (Parker, not Ortecho) from the Roswell series this show was based on. Wow! I hope they get another season. I like where this is going!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I have been watching since season one. I kept looking at the actress that plays Isobel. Thinking WHERE have I seen her before??? Now I know...she really looks like her mom and has her mannerisms!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I had to go look up who is Lily Cowles' (Isobel's) mom: Christine Baranski! I don't think I knew that. I love her!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I actually did know that--but forgot! (Not an unusual occurrence these days!) I just re-read through this thread and I posted that info on Jan. 31, 2019! D'oh! Thanks for reminding me!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Babyj, I actually didn't know that. I read your old post! As soon as I read it a light bulb went off. That's why I couldn't put my finger on where I knew her from.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: