TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 14, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Surviving R Kelly: Archive through January 14, 2019 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I put this in TV shows instead of reality because I don't want to say "allegedly".

This was shown over 2-3 nights this past week and I see it ran today in sequence. If you missed it here is the link to LIfetime....
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/surviving-r-kelly

Who aired the show.

I am gobsmacked that nothing has been done in all these years about this guy and it just makes me so angry that it is ignored because he only preys on black girls!

Plus I find it utterly amazing that we haven't heard one word from the music industry after this has aired.

Finally, it really pisses me off that the police can't go in and pull these women out of his studio/house. I know that they are now of legal age but they are being abused (mentally if not physically) and taken advantage of, and it seems like nothing can be done.

So happy to see the protests and demands for radio shows and streaming channels to stop playing his music.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 2:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the reminder, Dipo. I meant to watch it when it first aired, but since I never watch the lifetime channel, I forgot to, but I did see an episode on tonight. I started to watch it, but I thought to myself that I better start with episode 1 because I had no clue what they were talking about.

I also forgot that Love, Gilda was on CNN and I only caught the last half hour of it. They aren't repeating it. I think I need to start putting sticky notes around my chair to remind me of shows to watch. Oh, wait, I can't do that because my dog eats sticky notes!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am so glad to see that R.Kelly is now being held accountable for his actions.For a long time I assumed that that these were unsubstantiated rumors. There are too many women telling the same stories repeatedly for this to be untrue.
His wife is owed an apology from me as I thought she was turning a blind eye all for $$$. She seems to be a victim as well and is in fact a very sad person.
Karma is going to get him bigly.

Starr

07-09-2005

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I can remember hearing about R.Kelly years ago (and on-going ever since) It has always amazed me that nothing has been done. How he gets away with it and how people praise him and his music is just astonishing. I've only seen the first episode so far, (have the rest on my dvr), but I sooo hope you're right that he's being held accountable - finally.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well, IMO, he has the someone or two in the Chicago Police department in his pocket and apparently he has paid off a bunch of people / victims / families.

It will be interesting to see if anything ever gets done, other than cutting off his source of income.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally.... KTVU Verified account @KTVU
3m3 minutes ago
More
Reports: R. Kelly now under investigation by Fulton County DA following documentary series.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Whoa!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I read the other day that John Legend was upset that he was the only big star willing to go on camera to speak out against this guy. Everyone else is afraid it will hurt their careers. I love John Legend even more!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I binge watched the whole thing on demand last night.

That one juror who blamed all those young and very young women made my skin crawl.

And the parents of the young woman in the video who denied it was her and probably took money to make the daughter deny it. I would say they have contributed to ruining her life and keeping this guy out of prison.

And his children.. He ducks out on child support.

I need to contact Amazon to see if his music is still streaming there.

Unfortunately, he seems strong on Amazon and YouTube.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Trevor Noah did a bit on him on The Daily Show the other night. Actually Ron Woods did a bit (on TDS) about how they need to stop playing R Kelly's music whenever they're talking about what an awful person he is. People still like his music and go buy it, even though the message of the story is that he's scum. I feel the same way about Chris Brown. We need to stop celebrating people who may be talented musicians, but who also abuse women and children.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think over the years attempts have been made to prosecute him but the girls/women have refused to press charges. It is incredible that this has gone on for so long.

The parents who allowed themselves to be bought should be prosecuted alongside of him.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I agree the parents should be prosecuted as well. They need to "follow the money" and the the cops too, if they were involved.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Shimon Prokupecz Verified account @ShimonPro
7h7 hours ago
More
An arrest warrant has been issued for R. Kelly's former manager, James Mason, after Mason was accused of threatening to kill the father of Joycelyn Savage, one of the women featured in "Surviving R. Kelly."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/01/11/what-surviving-r-kelly-tells-us-about-race-sexual-abuse/?utm_term=.d954e149a9b8&wpisrc=nl_aboutus&wpmm=1

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. We live in pretty messed up world. I wouldn't think the police would need the young women to "press charges" if a crime has been committed. Same with domestic abuse. If the officers can get enough evidence that a crime was committed, the person who was abused doesn't have to press charges. But in the case of sexual assault, it would be hard to prove a crime had been committed without the testimony of the young women. Very sad that money can buy you such a disgusting lifestyle.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lifetime is airing the series again tonight.

I find this interesting and somewhat in the same line... NBC News Verified account @NBCNews
11h11 hours ago
More
1,000s of requests by men to bring in child brides to live in the US were approved over the past decade, according to government data obtained by the AP.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lady Gaga has apologized for recording with him and removing it from streaming.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/10/lady-gaga-sorry-apologizes-working-with-r-kelly-pulling-song-itunes/

Daymond John had a very strong reaction:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/07/shark-tank-daymond-john-r-kelly-surviving-lifetime-docuseries-kill-yourself/

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I started binge watching this last night and am finishing today. I'm in shock that this has gone on for so long and is likely still going on. These women break my heart and the interviews with his ex-wife, Andrea have me in tears.
As for the uptick in his music online, I can understand the curiosity factor playing a part in this.
I had always heard of RKelly, but am not that familiar with his music. The only song I have always known as his is I Believe I Can Fly. Through this show I also learned he wrote/produced Michael Jackson's You Are Not Alone. Outside of those 2 songs, I don't know any of his other music, or songs he did for others.
I hope this is not let go and he is made to pay for his crimes and the lives he's ruined. They should put him in a cell right next to Bill Cosby.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
His ex-wife appeared on the reality series Hollywood Exes a few years back. I watched it once or twice and I do remember she was on it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 1:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Caroline is covering this.. Friday at 10.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I give, who is Caroline?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sheesh!

Dateline!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Plus Lifetime is rerunning again.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Seamonkey, I couldn't figure that one out. Apparently there is another show tonight, after the re-airing of all the shows called "Breaking the Silence".

At least that is what my tvguide shows.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Sea I know that it's not your intention,but your post are so funny.