TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 07, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Manifest: Archive through January 07, 2019 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It was more than a fever with this kid it was screaming in pain.

But the wife seems limited in range and has a complex role, the character is supposed to be confused, annoyed out of the loop and in pain of not understanding. it is a hard role

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The child is not only still being treated for cancer, but was on the plane. Hell, yes, that was a high enough temp to take him to the hospital.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is a hard show to love, for me..

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I thought Cal was in some kind of experimental drug treatment therapy and they stated that if they used the high dose antibiotics on him, he would be taken out of the study.

I agree the wife has a rough road. She thought her son and husband were dead. He son is now still battling cancer. The husband is present but obsessed with the passengers of the plane. And she does not understand that.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
And her twins are 5 years apart in age now!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, he would be dropped from the study, but they are still testing him to keep any cancer cells beat back and apparently he is still immune compromised.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
That was me Babyjaxmom. :-) It's still bothering me, but now I don't like the character either, so I'm really having adjustment issues w/ her.

The mom is too close-minded. She lectured the dad about being open & honest, and then she dismissed him when he did tell her what's going on. Oh well, I need to remember that to an average person that would seem far-fetched.

Also, now I realize that the lack of chemistry between the mom & "Charming" is probably intentional... since we know that she fell in love w/ someone else during the 5 years. Aha! So, maybe they didn't miscast... maybe they wanted this pairing to seem awkward to us. :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm bugged that this has already developed the tired old trope of some shadow organization which is operating outside the official government. They're the ones performing experiments on the missing passengers.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was trying to like her (despite the fact that she's not Snow White), but I just don't like her.

I found this very confusing for a moment but now I get it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 2:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Arrgh...

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
“Now what”..........

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They need new writers. This series had such promise, but it's mostly just frustrating with poor dialogue (I heard some of his friends called him Bobby. He didn't look like a Bobby -- argh.)

What was the deal with the peacock appearing? Unexplained.

It's just a shame, it had such potential, but I'm rapidly losing interest.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
It just seemed like last night was written to be the last episode but per the previews there is another episode in January.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kar, I thought the same about the peacock..

And it seems like anyone remotely likeable is doomed.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The ratings are still steadily declining.

They had ordered 3 additional episodes, so I guess that's what we'll start seeing in January?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The main character's wife becomes more and more unlikable.

With all that they are going through.. Her husband and son, she decides that a party.. A surprise party.. is a great idea.

As if she can just demand that everything will be "normal".

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
See? I don't like her either. She just annoys me.

It didn't seem like they resolved everything. And what's with the peacock? That was weird.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, she didn't seem to care how much she was hurting her kids by throwing their dad out either. Disappointing character.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was so sad. Both kids.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 1:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
from googling the peacock for a while
they of course symbolize beauty but since the tail is all eyes, there is watchfulness and protection,what that means here I don't know.

maybe they were captured by peacock aliens.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom,

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The same night, after this peacock image, an episode of The Zoo mentioned that peacocks grow those showy tail feathers for mating season, then drop them.

So is is alien peacock mating season?

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I don't like the wife either. I kind of feel she just wants to get back to Danny. She had gone through her grief and moved on. The plane came back and she is now grieving her loss of the life she had. jmo
I actually like the show so am hoping it continues and clears up some of the odd bits. I am confused about a bunch but still want to watch.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
reminder - the show is back tonight, 10 PM in the east.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yay!