TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 31, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Outlander: Outlander - A Starz Original Series: Archive through December 31, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
At least it wasn’t CGI.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
The river scenes with CGI were ...um....yeah... Let's just say OBVIOUS. Fortunately, I am thoroughly enjoying the fact that Claire and Jamie are together all the time. That's what I'm here for.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that’s unfortunate if it was obvious. I’m still reading the book and I want to finish it before watching this season. :-)

Of course, it’s the story that counts. I think they’ve done an amazing job of capturing that in the tv series.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Was anybody else wondering where it was filmed? I was. Beautiful scenery. Loved the bald eagles.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
As far as I know, they're filming in Scotland. Probably a lot of it is on sound stages too, cause there's a lot of CGI for the panaoramic shots.

I did love how they showed Roger and Brianna driving up that road with the mountain in the background, and then showed Jamie and Claire on a rough/unpaved road with the same mountain in the background. Their paths are crossing in different time eras. That was a nice touch.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Yup - all filmed in Scotland. Some of the Highland areas have the deciduous trees so similar to our Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains. It was amazing to see something so quintessentially Scottish - like a munro near a loch with heather all around - and within an hour's drive, it looked like Montana. Another 30 minutes and it looked like the Smoky Mountains. Absolutely gorgeous country!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, November 25, 2018 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
That was an intense episode! How many enemies are they going to have?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, November 25, 2018 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Oh, and loved what they said about the scenery. God is the best artist.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Wow, what a hard time to live in. Of course, today is a hard time to live through, too.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I always find the hardships that people endured on a regular basis back then amazing. It's a matter of doing what it takes to survive but most of us have it so good (in comparison) now.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, December 03, 2018 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
In the realm of 6 degrees of separation, in the 80's I did a phone interview with Tantoo Cardinal (who played the elderly native healer). She is a renowned Native Canadian performer. I believe we may have also met at a media event, but my memory sucks these days. Anyhow I'm so excited for her being on this show.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I remember having the measles as a kid. Mom even said I had them three times, different kinds I guess. I remember her being scared for me.

Enjoyed Jamie enjoying being with his son.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 10, 2018 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My brother and I had everything in the late 50s/early 60s: measles, chicken pox, mumps. It was always a competition over who was sicker. I think I finally won chicken pox. I had more bumps than him!

I remember how excited my parents were when the polio vaccine came out. They knew people who had lost children to polio. It was a scary disease.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, December 10, 2018 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Scary times.
Babies dying.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
No Jamie or Claire this episode. It was still good. Brianna and Roger carried the show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 17, 2018 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't got this far in the TV show but as I mentioned I've read the first four books (so far). I'm not sure how other readers felt but as much as Jamie and Claire are the central focus, it's fun to see other characters develop.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, I love Roger and Brianna!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Great show today. The highs were really high, and the lows were really low. From the previews, it looks like Brianna finally meets her biological father next episode?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, December 24, 2018 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I don't remember what happens next, but I hope Jamie kills his daughter's rapist.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 24, 2018 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can tell you what happens in the book if you want to know.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Brianna has the opportunity to kill him herself but decides to let him go and just keep living her life the best way possible. Of course, I've only read to the end of the fourth book so I don't know what happens in future books.

If we want to talk about this further we should maybe do it in the book thread but I'm a little reluctant to look in there so I don't get spoiled myself. :-)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Poor Roger! Talk about a case of mistaken identity!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
What?! It doesn't come on here for 5 more hours!!!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I absolutely adored this episode! Sam nailed every single scene.

NGL...Show Roger has made me crazy, so I did not mind at all seeing Berserker Da Jamie. Yeah...I know, big mistake, but Roger has been a jerk way too many times to count. He was NOT like that in the book. He wasn't perfect, but he didn't act like a possessive, 'my way or the highway,' marry me or else kind of person that he has on the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 31, 2018 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I disagree about Roger. He was EXACTLY that way in the book. Rather than think of him being a jerk, he thought he was trying to protect Briana. It was very frustrating, but the cultural norm of the time (1960s/70s).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 31, 2018 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Stupid Lizzie! I hated her for misleading Jamie about Roger in the books. Ugh.