TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 19, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Blacklist - NBC: ARCHIVE : Archive through May 19, 2018 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The bag of bones feel like a McGuffin. I can't imagine how they will have the significance needed to justify the never ending story about them. That two key people have died for? I feel like they are going to pull something out of their a** to explain it and leave us very dissatisfied. But I wish they'd just get it over with already. I just want fun Red stuff, not this bag of bones stuff.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Red is SO intent on keeping this secret from Keen, I think it must be something to do with Keen's past since they were dug up near her mother's house. Hey, maybe they're the bones of Keen's real father...or something else equally unforgivable... (This show could find a way to implement a shocking twist like that and get away with it!)

Whatever their significance, I believe that revealing it to Keen would completely destroy Red's already tenuous relationship with her so he'll stop at nothing to keep it a secret.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
what if they are the bones of the real Elizabeth Keen!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 1:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"what if they are the bones of the real Elizabeth Keen!"

You just blew my mind! That would be an amazing twist!

Lyn

08-06-2002

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Oh gosh, Pamy! What an idea!

Quick, someone contact The Blacklist - we have a new showrunner for them

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!!! I was thinking about this on the train home tonite....what if they are the real Reddington's bones and Spader is an imposter!
da da dummmmmmmm!!! LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
On this show anything is possible! LOL. Maybe they are alien bones. We need Mulder to come investigate.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
That was in the back of my mind for a good while now. Not sure, but I have wondered.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh wow, I dont know if I really want that to be true!

Lyn

08-06-2002

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
According to Twitter today, we are going to get the biggest reveal to date with the finale and the bag of bones. (Fingers crossed there's some truth to that)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
what if it is what we were thinking? then next season would be all about finding out who Spader really is? I dont know, I really hope Im wrong. I just dont see how it would be good after

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
well consider my mind blown. when I threw that out there I never dreamed it could really happen!!!

it was a great finale!

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Now my daughter and I want to watch the whole series again and look for the clues that he is not Raymond.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
You nailed it, Pamy!

I'm thinking this revelation doesn't really mean much in the long run. Whether he's the real Reddington or just assumed his identity, he's still as evil and criminal as the real one. While working with the FBI he has committed many crimes and the FBI knows it, so even if he's not the real Reddington, he's still a real mastermind crook/murderer/thief/smuggler/robber and he's still on the hook for all of the evil deeds he has done while using Reddington's name.

As for Liz, she now knows Reddington isn't who he says he is, but is he still her father? She secretly had her own DNA tests done and I assume she was able to get "Red's" real DNA but I don't know where she had the test done. It could've been at a "Reddington" controlled DNA lab. Come to think of it, I guess any DNA test that anyone was had done on The Blacklist could have been faked by Red and his army of crooked associates(and some have already been faked in past episodes).

So what's the big deal whether he's really "Greenington" instead of Reddington?

So, do we know think that Brian Dennehy is the real Reddington? (He's a fairly big star to have such an insignificant role on this show. Why would they pay him the big bucks for a recurring role with no teeth?)

Bottom line - if those bones had belonged to the "real" Liz Keen, it would have been SO MUCH BETTER and more interesting!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow Pamy. You nailed it.

I’m confused about the dna too. Didn’t they take s sample from Spader? Or did he give them a sample from a bone? Or did he fake the results ?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sorry double post. Zzz. I knew Liz was faking her subduction.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 1:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Brenda1966, I'm not sure where the DNA test of the bones came from. There were DNA results that "Red" had proving the bones were the "real" Reddington, but I'm not sure who did that test or where they came from. I just know that "Red" had them and he knew the results were real.

Liz had nothing to do with the DNA testing of the bones.

The DNA *I* was referring to was the DNA test that proved Reddington was Liz's father (in an episode last season, I think). At one point, Liz was in possession of a DNA report "proving" that Reddington was not her father...but she didn't trust that test so she secretly had a second test run. She tested her own DNA against "Red's" (they spent a lot of time together so it wouldn't have been difficult for her to acquire his DNA from a glass or something). The results from this second test proved that the man she knew as Reddington was her father after all.

As far as I can figure out, Liz's father IS the man who calls himself "Raymond Reddington", but now she doesn't know who that man actually is. She just knows he isn't Reddington.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 1:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Btw, my last two posts are a bit contradictory.

In my 9:23 pm post I was unsure whether Spader was actually Liz's father.

By the time I finished my 1:47 am post, I realized I was pretty sure Spader IS her real father....we just don't know his name.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep, that's my confusion. Liz had a DNA test proving Spader is her father. Is that test legit? Or are the bones her father? I think she needs to do a DNA test to make sure that lady is her sister! And then they all need to put their DNA on Ancestry. :-)

If they are going to just focus on the bones next season then I think they may jump the shark. If Spader has been posing as Reddington for 30 years, then he essentially IS Reddington now. There's a minor mystery as to who the bones were and why they are bones and not alive, and about Spaders true background. But really, if you've been living as someone for 30 years and are recognized as that person, by that time you ARE that person. A rose by any other name...
He's still a mastermind criminal.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I had totally forgotten about the dna testing. so that got me thinking....

I wonder why Red saved the duffle bag at all. he is still connected to Liz in someway. I have a theory but I think it might be true and I dont want to spoil anyone if it is.

Like Knightpatti, I want to watch from the beginning and see if there are clues to my theory.

I loved that Samar woke up, I really thought she would have amnesia, glad she didnt.

Brenda, I also figured Liz was faking the kidnapping, esp when they were taking her away and she was like no no no....Liz never acts weak like that

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Yep, that's my confusion. Liz had a DNA test proving Spader is her father. Is that test legit? Or are the bones her father? "

Yes Liz's secret second DNA test proved Red was her father and, IIRC, that DNA test compared Liz's DNA to Red's DNA. The bones were not involved in that DNA test. Since Liz did it without "Red's" knowledge, I believe that test was legit.

Liz never tested the bones, but "Red" has a DNA report on them.

"Red" knows the bones are the "real Reddington" for 2 reasons.

1. He has always known that he is not the real Reddington because he's been posing as Reddington.

2. He had DNA results that he believes are real proving the bones belonged to the real Reddington.

Bottom line: The DNA tests that Liz had and the DNA tests on the bones that "Red" has have nothing to do with one another.

We can assume Liz's second DNA test was real...so she knows Spader is her father.

Assuming the test on the bones is real, then we still know that Spader is her father BUT also that her father is not the real Reddington.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Brenda1966, maybe Spader doesn't even know who is.

Heck it could turn out he was FBI and went deep undercover and somehow his cover became his reality. We know some of "Red's" associates can do things like erase memories, right? I kind of, vaguely, sort of remember that one the blacklist cases had someone who could do that.

Maybe next season is about "Red" figuring out who he really is! :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, that would be cool Sanfran.

My theory would answer the dna dilemma, I think LOL

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
What if the bones belong to Spader's identical twin brother? Huh? They'd have the same DNA.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ooohhh that is an interesting thought!!!