TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 04, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through December 04, 2018 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 15, 2018 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Did you recognize the actor playing the younger version of the father ("Hugh Crain") on The Haunting of Hill House?

That's Henry Thomas, who played the little boy, Elliot, on "E.T.!

These are the moments that can make a person feel very very old...

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 15, 2018 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh yes! Henry was/is in some other things I watch that are recent. He's in another great horror movie for the Halloween season called "Ouija: Origin of Evil" (2016). As a matter of a fact, the actresses that played grown Shirley and young Shirley also play mother and daughter in that movie.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, October 15, 2018 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Did anyone notice the E.T. lunchbox by Luke when he was in the treehouse. I didn't see it until my DIL pointed it out.

It was kind of funny that young Hugh was played by Henry Thomas who is 47 and older Hugh was Timothy Hutton who is only 58.

Loved The Haunting of Hill House. Amazing writing and acting and it all held together so well. Not like so many horror movies that never wrap most of the loose edges. Pretty much everything was answered.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 15, 2018 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ha, That's a funny find (lunchbox)! I didn't notice.

One thing you should pay attention to in Hill House: Even in scenes that aren't about ghosts, look in the scene background and sometimes you'll see a ghost mulling about or peeping out from behind something.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Monday, October 15, 2018 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Wasn't the Haunting of Hill House, first a book and then a movie, once before?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 15, 2018 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Saggkl, it was a book, and 2 movies. Both movies were named "The Haunting". But this series is nothing like the book or movies. About the only thing the same is the fact that there is a "Hill House" that is haunted, and some of the same names are used. That's why I had mentioned earlier that it's definitely not a remake. It's a whole new take on it.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, October 15, 2018 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Haunting on the Hill looks way too scary for me. I am such a big fraidy cat.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja. I thought it sounded familiar

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
This is one movie I am very curious to watch. It's a drama about the 2011 terror attacks and aftermath in Norway, including the attack on the children's summer camp island that killed 68 children and staff.

22 July (Release date Oct 10)

Naja, it's really, really good. But it's very tough to watch, especially all the shooting scenes, which are quite graphic. Be prepared to be extremely disturbed. The cast is great and it's directed by Paul Greengrass, who directed the Jason Bourne movies, so it's pretty fast-paced the way the Bourne films were.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ricky, I enjoyed it for the first half, but once it got into the court procedural parts, it lost my interest and I didn't finish it. I'll get back to it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The BODYGUARD from England starts tonight. It comes highly recommended. I've grabbed it already. It stars one of my faves. Keely Hawes.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Our local NPR station did a segment last night about "Bodyguard" -- it was the TV sensation of the summer in the UK, so it'll be next-to-impossible to not like it! (Right?)

Naja, don't forget to finish "July 22"

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It's only a few weeks that I've had Netflix thanks to my son's account and I'm just stunned at the amount of stuff you can see. By chance I discovered and Indie movie Actor, the name too difficult but it's Hrithik Roshan, looks more Irish than Indian, tall and slim, green eyed, and just gorgeous and I think the best dancer ever (after Fred Astaire), I'm sure a lot of his moves were copied by our own Hollywood celebrities dancers. So far I watched some of his best movies, his career skyrocketed in 2000, and I never heard of him before!! It's incredible. Thanks Netflix!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's great hearing that you're enjoying it, Spunky. There are a lot of gems out there!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The 6 episodes of “Bodyguard” are not for the faint-of-heart. The tension level of each one is remarkable. I totally get why it was so popular in the UK. Lots and lots of twists and turns too. Don’t miss this one, especially if you like spine-tingling political thrillers.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, October 29, 2018 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I love Hrithik Roshan. His best movie is Jodhaa Akbar with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (aka the most beautiful woman in the world). the music videos are on Youtube.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 29, 2018 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I'm running out of his movies, I'm not interested in the other many Indi movies. Just the ones with Roshan. The super hero character played by H Roshan Krrish is also outstanding. On YouTube he has many live dancing shows, he sings beautifully too. Don't understand a word he says but the close captions help a lot. The scenography in his movies is spectacular, one movie partly shot in New Zealand contributed to an increased tourism there.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The last episode of Bodyguard was s rip-snorter. I had to take a stress break for a few minutes. The woman had everybody fooled. Did not see that coming.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I have almost finished watching Haunting on Hill House--I parceled it out to one episode a day to make it last longer! The first 2 episodes were, dare I say, boring--but it picked up quickly after that and got me more scared than I have been with one of these shows in ages!! The story is 'haunting' and I feel for those poor kids.(great actors played the children)
And has anyone been watching The Chilling Tales of Sabrina? Its quite watchable and quite dark. I have only seen a few episodes so far.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Cable I am watching Sabrina and enjoying it.......I will need to go back to the Haunting on Hill House as I bailed quite early so I need to try again.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I woke up thinking today was Friday, and I got all excited to waste an afternoon binging the final season of "House of Cards", but then I realized it was only Thursday!

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Friday, November 02, 2018 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Ophiliasgdma. I am loving the Bodyguard... I could watch him ready the phone book if there were phone books anymore..lol. Your description of the last
episode is great....what woman what woman...don't tell me I haven't gotten there yet.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 5:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
She was the original terrorist on the train.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, November 22, 2018 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
In last couple weeks I finished a couple new shows, one of which I would rate 10/10 and the second a pleasant distraction.

The distraction is The Good Cop starring Josh Groban (yes, the singer.. who woulda thunk?) as a by the numbers cop living with his ex-con, ex-cop father played by Tony Danza. Surprising casting helps make for an interesting chemistry.

The Kaminsky Method starring Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin (and Danny Devito, Ann Margaret, Lisa Edelstein, Susan Sullivan, Emily Osment, and many many more) . At its core. It is a journey through the almost 50 year friendship btn an actor/acting coach and his agent. Beyond funny and touching and honest. Watched the whole thing a second time the following week and enjoyed it even more.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rissa I need to catch some of these quality shows now that I have pared down some of the junk I had been watching. I loove Alan Arkin and agree who would have "thunk" About Josh Groban as an actor.