TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 22, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Talk (CBS): Archive through November 22, 2018 users admin

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
And to have them NOT talk about it at all was terrible.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Via film at the end of today’s show Julie said she is leaving.

Bye, Julie Chen Moonves.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Pretty sad when your career is so dependent on your spouse.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I usually consider myself pretty jaded, but didn't see an issue with the clip being shown at the end, and didn't think of it being used as a carrot to keep viewers tuned in.
It was obviously very emotional for the ladies at the table to see Julie saying goodbye. Sheryl was openly weeping, Carrie Ann was teary eyed and Sharon couldn't even raise her head to look at the cameras. To have seen that at the beginning of a live show and then have to go through the rest of the hour would have been very difficult for all of them.
As for them not talking about it, what more is there to say? Julie made her choice to stand by her husband for now. The others discussed Les last week, so until there are new reports or news there isn't much else to discuss.
I dvr The Talk every day. Depending on the guests, I don't always watch the whole show, but do watch the early segments where the ladies discuss the topics of the day. I will miss Julie on the panel. I've enjoyed hearing tidbits about her life; how much her son means to her and how much he changed her life; stories of her growing up in very disciplined Asian family, etc. It was an opportunity to learn more about Julie the person, and not just the BB Chenbot.
I do hope Carrie Ann Inaba is NOT the permanent replacement. Don't feel she adds much to the group dynamic and would much rather see Carnie Wilson as the new member.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I do not think her career is dependent on her spouse. I knew who Julie Chen was long before I knew who Les Moonves was. I think she left The Talk because if she had stayed the focus would have been (as it has been for the last week) primarily on her and how she would or not react to issues related to her husband's case. Quite honestly for the good of the show I think she made the most mature decision.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I can't believe it, I watched most of the show, then got distracted and missed the end when she said goodbye.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Link

Dipo

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, thankyou Colordeagua!

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
You know how they talk about any particular issue and then ask each other and the audience have you ever experienced something similar or what would you do in the situation…?
Well I would like to see the ladies of the Talk ask each other and the audience if they would leave their husband if their husband were accused of a sex scandal...

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
My guess is a Julie Chen will never be mentioned again. Which is too bad because I sincerely like Julie!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the link to Julie’s message. It was emotional.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm truly going to miss Julie. She was special to me. Lovely lady.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I watched the video of Julie saying goodbye to the hosts of The Talk. She shook her head no quite a bit. It was as if her words did not match what she was saying. Makes me wonder how much of her short speech was true.

I haven't watched The Talk for years and did not often watch it before. I enjoy Julie as the host of BB.

No matter if she and Les started up while he was in another relationship, no matter if she is not a nice person, I feel awful for her that she has to go through all this.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think Carnie Wilson would be a good replacement for Julie Chen.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Rosie O'Donnell and Carrie Ann Inaba are joint guest hosts today. From what I've read, they are the front runners for the permanent host job.
Carrie Ann wouldn't be my first choice as I much prefer Carnie Wilson. If they go with Rosie, I think they will be making a big mistake and will lose viewers. The show will be off my DVR schedule in a heartbeat.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Julie quit, right? She wasn't asked to go because of her husband, I hope so. And her husband also left, was not asked to go.
This is the whole issue I can't digest. People forced out because of mistakes made 30 years ago. As the wife she feels insulted of course and decided not to work for a network that prefers to see people who contributed so much to the network disappear because of an alleged abuse, he said it was consensual, so where are the proofs after so many years. What nonsense!

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Is Aisha Tyler permanently there?

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
What is going on? I haven’t watched the talk much since Julie left but I have watched the beginning enough times to wonder why they do not talk about the hottest topic of all which is Donald Trump and Kavanaugh. What is up with that why don’t they talk about it?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think they steer away from partisan politics as much as possible.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Aisha referred to is covertly, LOL, when she discussed how men and women handle stress, "as recently seen", women are taught to keep it in and handle it quietly while men "blow up".

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Spunky, have you read about the "mistakes" he made '30 years ago'? maybe reading about some of the details would help you digest it better.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I watched The Talk today for the first time in a long time. Enjoyed it. I did NOT like Julie Chen. She was heavily into gossip. The hosts now talk about celebrities, but it's not gossip. The show is so much better. I may become a regular viewer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I find that I enjoy it a little more without her, they don't seem uptight and Sara has done well with the first chair. I just wish they would settle down and decide if they need another person and stop all the rotating guest hosts.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, November 22, 2018 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don't watch it often but I hope it doesn't become too political like The View With a bunch of mis information and bias. I see Rosie might replace Julie.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, November 22, 2018 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
If Rosie comes, I go.