TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Manifest: Archive through November 06, 2018 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Iluvreality, that's why I was attracted to this show in the first place. It reminded me so much of Lost. I love a good puzzle.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Oh don't remind me of St Elsewhere when the show ended and they found it was all in the imagination of an autistic boy looking at a snow globe.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL that reminds me of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode where the lead character (Buffy - who is a vampire slayer) wakes up in the hospital with her doctors, family and friends trying to convince her that it is all in her mind and she really isn't an ass kicking vampire slayer.

The show and series continued after that with the conclusion that she really is a vampire slayer and that her hospital experience was just the dark demon side trying to confuse her.

However, some fans were very upset at the show producer (Joss Whedon), angrily questioning him about making an episode that implied Buffy's experiences may not be real but just a product of her imagination.

To which Whedon replied something to the effect of, "I hate to break this to you guys, but it's all not real".

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I remember the St Elsewhere ending. I could not believe it. That was several years ago. Set up all the dream endings like in The Bob Newhart show, anyone remember that

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Iluvreality, that was actually several DECADES ago! St Eleswhere ended 30 years ago...in 1988!

It's moments like this that make me feel really old...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow I can't believe it was that long ago. Now I'm looking to see when Hill Street Blues ended. Wow ... 1989 for that one. Even Lost has been off the air for eight years now.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Wow Sanfra, 30 yers ago. Doesn’t seem that long. But I remember it vividly.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Set up all the dream endings like in The Bob Newhart show, anyone remember that

Iluvreality, BEST TV SHOW ENDING EVER!!! It was so original, unexpected and funny! I watched it live and nearly fell off the couch when Bob woke up next to Emily (wife from the Bob Newhart Show) and told her, "I had the strangest dream!" It was awesome!!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
he said he dreamed he had a wife who liked sweaters, ha ha .

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here ya go....that finale scene of that Newhart finale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmiFeNrggvE

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Loved that finale!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I loved that finale.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
In those days there was no Internet, so no spoilers. It was totally unexpected! Very clever!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Arrgh!

I keep thinking each new post is about... Manifest, not a show I never watched..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well it’s not unusual for threads to go off-topic on occasion. Just people chatting and enjoying the conversation. :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I always have to watch this show twice. I watch it come here read stuff and realize how much I missed and have to go back and watch it again.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That’s fun. It’s the sign of a good show. I love shows that encourage conversations, regardless of the topic. :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Me too. I loved LOST but had to come here regularly to get it sorted out in my brain. ;) I am NOT an observant person, so I missed a lot. Thank heavens for the clever folks here.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, October 29, 2018 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Well, darn, Manifest isn't on tonight where I live. It's being pre-empted by some special. :-(

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 29, 2018 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Whirlwind try contacting the programming scheduling Department of your local tv station and ask them when that episode will be aired. I've done that in the past.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 29, 2018 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's not on anywhere tonight. They said new episodes resume next week.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Good episode last night Poor Cal, I think he may be in for more pain if they don’t find where they took the others to. Glad to see that the government guy is starting to listen to them. I wonder what the bandaid he found will show. Getting good!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
So strange that Cal is connected that poor man. Now I wonder if any of the other passengers are connected in some way.
Cal's mother was really getting angry and impatient with her husband. Lots of unaddressed issues going on there.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so now this is not a bad government thing but a bad defense contractor thing? but the made up files, does that mean the entire government is fooled, or are some parts working with the contractor?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I officially hate the wife now. I was trying to like her (despite the fact that she's not Snow White), but I just don't like her. I think she's horribly miscast, as well as being just mean. I know there was somebody else here who was having trouble with Prince Charming being "married" to someone other than Snow, but it didn't bother me at first. Now it does.

I was also almost laughing at the parents freaking out at a temp of 103 and taking their kid to the hospital. I guess if your kid was going through chemo, that would be one thing, but under normal circumstances, you might call the doctor but the last thing they would want you to do would be to expose your sick kid to the germs in the ER. My son had a temp of 105 for three days when he was a baby. His doctor's office kept telling me to just give him Tylenol or Advil (baby dosage). If they don't have any other symptoms or it hasn't been more than three days, they won't don't anything. Kids will run a temp at the drop of a hat, then be fine the next day. You don't take them to the ER for 103 degrees.