TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 27, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Doctor : Archive through March 27, 2018 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the show made me feel bad. I always have indeterminate feelings about transgender children. I feel that society genderfies children through its "normal" that is not normal at all, I grew up as a child that [played in dresses, my mother loved to have us very girly, I mostly only wear jeans now and am not big on make up. Not transgender, just feel I have to be any special way for society, just comfortable. It was not easy to always play in a dress when you are an active child. especially when my mother went through a hoop skirt phase and put hoops in our short skirts to make they stand out. Very hard to sit in a hoop. lots of underwear shown at inappropriate times. thankfully she got the hint and took them back out after the school contacted her.
Ihad a sister in law who glued a bow on her daughter's head because she did not like people thinking she had a little boy. Who cared, it was an infant. I don't think a child should have one kind of a toy or another, they should be able to be a child, not a girl or boy, just a child. So when a child wants to change genders before puberty it seems like they may have been classified too much.
So having a show where a child wanted to determine body altering surgery challenged that thinking.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Legal, I was sure he would find a pool, too!

Very surprised that wasn't already a major coping mechanism for him.

I have watched I Am Jazz from the beginning. Shaun would learn from Jazz and her friends.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My son who has ASD is 17, and he has a friend who came out as transgender almost two years ago now. I was pleasantly surprised at how he and all of his friends just took it in stride. No big deal. "Rebecca is Sam now." Okay then. Sam is 18 now, but was 17 when he came out. Still the same sweet little person he always was.

Sadiesmom, I also grew up in the generation where girls were not allowed to wear pants to school. We always had "play clothes" for home, but had to wear dresses to school. It wasn't until I was in high school that the girls were finally allowed to wear pants to school. When I was in elementary school, we used to wear shorts under our dresses so we could play on the monkey bars without anyone seeing our underwear!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I can top that, when I was in college, we were not allowed to wear pants to the dining hall, had to be skirt or dress. so we kept wrinkled old skirts in a locker there and rolled up our pants legs. At dinner, The dinner was served family style and one person was named the hostess, and she would pour our after diner tea. In the mean while our dean was one of the many Carlyn Keenes and she would invite women like Bella abzug and Betty Friedan to speak to us and my gym outfit was a short dress with matching bloomers under it. All that changed shortly after I graduated.
but this is all off topic, sorry.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The Good Doctor has been renewed for another season. Yay!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yay!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
YAY!

Nanalinda

08-06-2005

Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nanalinda a private message Print Post    
YAY! I really like this show.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Shaun's neighbor, what a jerk! It's those moments of people taking advantage of Shaun that the viewer gets closer to the character and the actor plays that vulnerable role to perfection.

However, I watched The Good Doctor after The Resident and the two hospitals environments are very very different. The Resident very realistic and no sugar coating anything while the Good Doctor tries to stir our emotions. I'll keep watching.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I yelled Oh No at the tv at the end of last night's show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well taking the pizza was a nice touch to drill the point home, heh. But I feel it was over kill.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sean should have called the cops because his TV was stolen. Taken without his permission!!! Cuz payback's a b****. Oh well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I yelled the same thing 😟 about the mentor and president of the hospital.

That actor who is Shaun's neighbor plays a total TOOL really well.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah I was hurting for Shawn.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Since next week is the last episode for the season I'm guessing Shaun will get his neighbor out of his life. Also, Shaun's mentor really wasn't doing much anymore so I'm not surprised that it looks like he is being writing out of the show.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oh I like the mentor! I love their relationship... it has a dynamic beyond professional because they've known each other for years from when Sean was a child. I'm hoping Sean Saves him and they get super close again and we get to see the budding romance between the mentor and the lady in the dining room.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I like your take on it, Mame.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I agree Mame....

I am just happy it was a brain tumor and not early dementia

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm, Legal, not a good choice but one is faster.

I like the character, but not how they have directed the plot recently for him.

Nanalinda

08-06-2005

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 1:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nanalinda a private message Print Post    
Did anyone see the season finale tonight? It was so good. TV shows don't usually don't make me cry but this one grabbed me. Gonna be a long wait til the new season starts.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 1:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes!

I was happy, relieved, happier, then not so happy at the very end.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
"Do you need me to listen to you anymore?"...made me chuckle after they had such a serious conversation.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love you more......such a sweet ending.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I love this show, and I am not a big TV watcher, but I always make a point of watching this one...I loved the ending..It was Perfect..