TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 01, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 01, 2018 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Color, October 19 had a high/safe number in that lottery..

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Good one tonight. More background on characters. Who played Toby's mom (I think it was)? Hasn't had much screen time as yet. She looks familiar.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wendie Malik was Toby's mom. The last show she was a regular was Hot in Cleveland.

Toby was such a sweetie as a kid.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. She looked familiar. Never saw much of Hot in Cleveland.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
While I absolutely love Randall, I did not like his adult storyline or even the prom storyline last night. Not sure why. My attention wandered when he was on the screen.

Miguel tried to help the family, as per his promise to Jack... but none of the kids wanted help. Wonder if that is why he eventually moved away.

Glad that we now get to see Toby's background. I thought that Wendie Malik did a very good job as Toby's mother. Is the mother still alive? Does Toby has a younger sibling?

Loved the Kevin storyline and wanted to see more of it.... and the actor who played Jack's friend from Vietnam. He used to be in Night Court years ago. His voice is just gravelly and so wonderful on the ears. On the Kevin not noticing the slights of the convenience store clerk, I thought that maybe it was because he was around Randall so much growing up, that he no longer saw it. To me, the search for answers storyline could be an entire series. All in all, I think that Kevin is finally growing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Toby's mother was at the wedding last season. So she is still alive.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I couldn't remember whether we had seen her before.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
im so over Kate, ugh guy gave you a nice compliment...just say thanks...but noooo she goes into her poor me routine! she has a great guy, obviously enough money to get by since she seems to work on a whim and she still isnt happy. she is never freakin satisfied. I was so glad she was preggers so i didnt have to see her mop around about that too

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 3:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I am finding her less likeable too.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Loved the Kevin storyline and wanted to see more of it.... and the actor who played Jack's friend from Vietnam. He used to be in Night Court years ago. His voice is just gravelly and so wonderful on the ears."

Yesterday I watch the latest "NCIS" just before I watched "This is Us". The actor on "This is Us" that played Jack's friend in Vietnam during the Vietnam war also played a soldier from the Vietnam war on NCIS. Both shows featured an old photo of him as a young soldier in Vietnam.

Seeing those shows back to back felt like deja vu!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wow, what a coincidence.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Last night on Jimmy Fallon. (Still from the clip.)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am just so worried about her health.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I imagine Chrissie's health is very closely watched. Is she required to be obese (not simply overweight) for the show? Maybe she's comfortable with it, but it is not healthy.

Two weeks?! I don't want to wait that long. One week is bad enough.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Election Night..

I figure I will let Chrissie worry about her weight and I will worry about my own.

Good show tonight!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I hope the show doesn’t require her to be obese. I was glad to see her drop her victim attitude and be there for Toby.
It will be interesting to see what happens in Vietnam.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That poor dog. First he eats something because Chrissie is not watching him.

The X-ray shows that it is a rock. She takes him home to see if the rock (extremely large. I would have recommended immediate surgery.) will pass.

Then she and Toby take him to the dog park. They are supposed to watch for him to poop. They left him loose and pay no attention to him.

He finally did poop.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
With no proof that the rock passed!

That dog scenario was all sorts of wrong. They need to consult a vet and if they let him off lead let us know he is at least in a fenced in dog park.

I think the character was written to be morbidly obese. Chrissie is at least in that category.

I did like seeing Kate support Toby!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Sea, I am guessing it was a dog park since they turned the dog loose.

If the giant rock was going to pass it would probably take at least 12 to 24 hours.

It is important to know if the bowels can move.

it would be expected that there would be several bowel movements before the boulder (lol) came out.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I didnt like Randall tonight! it felt dirty how he is doing the encumbant that the town loves. It's like oh well if my people dont want to vote for me Ill use my bro and get the Korean vote.

He doesnt need to run, he needs to spend more time with his kids and wife! she needs him

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
also I was embarrassed for him going to that church, how fake can you be? dont like this storyline

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pamy .. but the incumbent who is loved by the (small percent of people who actually were voting) hasn't been helping them, which is why Randall jumped in. He wants the area to be safer, to have a rec center that doesn't have water leaks and mold, to have street lights that work..

He is doing it for the people in his father's building that he now owns.

===

Dogdoc, exactly.. we had many friends with Labradors (back when we bred Labs) and one had a dog that would carry rocks.. they got all the small stones/rocks out of their yard but unfortunately their yard backed up on railroad tracks, where there were rocks, and when school kids thought it was cool to throw said rocks into the yard.

And Mike swallowed a rock and it obstructed his intestines and he required surgery. And a long recovery where he was monitored.

Finally he was allowed back in the yard, which they purged of small rocks.

Well.. kids and dogs.. so he went back for a checkup, the vet inserted the thermometer and CLINK! Yep, another rock, which luckily had almost made it through the tract.

One of my first two labs, a chocolate male, ate a small piece of plastic, triangular in shape and had to have surgery.. we went through crating him, walking on a lead, and the FIRST time he was ok to go off lead, he snatched up a hunk of bark, which I got out of his mouth.

Crazy dogs!

The show just got that detail wrong. The dog went for a bag, so it was odd that he swallowed a rock. But given that he swallowed a rock and the rock showed on a radiograph. I would be watching him like a hawk!

I realize it was a small storyline for them, but a bit sloppy.

I thought of you while watching this, Dogdoc.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes Sea, a bone in his stomach would have fit in better to the story than a rock.

Why have him run up to a plastic bag.

Sea, I think we are the only ones bothered by this lol

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Maybe, they just had to have a reason to get Toby out for a walk. So, they weren't too concerned about the dog's back story. :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Maybe.