TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 24, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Manifest: Archive through October 24, 2018 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And.... Shadow Bears!!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I'm leaning towards SFJF's theory that the "shadow" is a misdirection."

I should explain my thoughts a little more clearly. When I say it's a misdirection, I mean that they want us to think the shadow thing killed her. However, I also think the shadow thing in the boy's picture represents some kind of mysterious "presence" of someone or something in connection with the disappearance of the plane.

I don't mean to imply that I think the kid's shadow drawing is meaningless, just that it may not be connected to the death or the other shadows we've seen.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yup, I'm with you there, SFJF. Agree on all points. There is a Shadow thing, but I don't think that's what killed the woman.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe the shadow thing influences people who carry out actions.. like shooting that woman in the head.

Maybe a good shadow influences the ones who are hearing messages or sounds and are compelled to search out something wrong, or witness the plane imploding.

It seems that some force doesn't want the truth to come out, so the woman who spoke out is eliminated, the plane/evidence is eliminated.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, that is kind of what I was trying to say. That there are some sort of guides.
This could be interesting if they can keep it up!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Is this going a bit sideways and the mysterious shadow gone, which was the real kicker for me, but they're now suspecting that something was done to their brain to lose some memory, well the 5 years, made me think they were all kidnapped for some crazy experiment but it doesn't explain why they didn't get older. Mmmmm

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes the last episode didn't show the shadow at all (or if it did, I don't remember seeing it). Very interesting mystery so far. I like all the characters.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
No shadowy figure last night and the maid killed the woman. Guess she and the husband had started a relationship and when the lady came back, she killed her. Now the thing about the brain, were they put into some kind of “frozen state” ot what. And the NSA people have the body of the lady who was shot.....hmmmm. I can see this being another Lost, where they were all already dead, just hope they tie up the loose ends before the network decides to cancel..

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
never watched lost, but did not notice a shadow and I was looking last night.
so far, this police woman solved how many crimes - girls kidnapping, , her brother solved a store robbery, although the son was pretty much obvious from the git go. and now finding the missing woman and catching the murderer. Completely by accident.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It does seem inconsistent. Hopefully they can bring it all together.

More religious ranting this episode though, from the guy in jail.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That "religious ranting" seemed more cult-like to me than religion.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In the flashbacks at the beginning, there was a dark shadow but it could have been the shadow of a human, from last week's shooting. Still watching the new episode.

The shadow in the drawings light grey and rounded..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm, This is getting weird..

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The scientist woman was talking about something in her and the murdered woman's blood that increases to a much higher level at the moment of death.

It sounds like a strong possibility that the people on that plane were dying or had just died (sudden loss of air pressure?) and were snatched (plane and all) from the present and resuscitated and then returned to the present. Maybe they were gone a day or a week (to them) and then the plane and passengers (now armed with knowledge of things to come, plus a voice to guide them) were sent back to the moment they vanished. Could be a mission to change their past.
-----

I KNOW I have seen a show with this exact (or VERY similar) plot before. Future people would come back in time and grab people at the moment of their deaths and transport them to the future. The disappearances of those particular individuals wouldn't affect the timeline because they were going to vanish anyhow. I can't remember what show that was that I'm thinking of. It could have been an X-Files episode or maybe it was a movie??

-----

Anyhow, if this is what happened on Manifest, it would explain the voices, how the passengers seem to know things that haven't happened yet, and why they don't seem to have aged at all.

I am happy to learn that the woman was murdered by a human maid instead of a shadow monster. I think the boy's shadow drawing means something, but editing it to imply that a shadow thing murdered that woman was just a distraction.

It could be that someone in the future is trying to fix something in their past (our present) via "the voices", but some people here in the present are trying to stop that from happening. Of course, that theme was a plot point of the canceled "The Crossing" series.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK a few picky things with that analysis, the people don't know what is happening in the future, they have insight to what is happening around them now.

I don't think they gave us enough to understand with the recent shadows. we are in the 3rd show and they were only featured in the second one. was there any appearance in the first one? crap now I have something to watch instead of the hurricane.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There is also a Christian religious seeming theme about atoning for past wrongs.. The female cop for drinking her very drunk friend while less drunk and the passenger dying. Then she saves the mother who seems to have amnesia or Alzheimer's, while at the same time catching the thief/murderer.

The "feds" are always the bad guys in these shows.

I liked that the ex fiance tore up the card from the fed guy who tried to threaten him if he didn't spy on his ex and report back.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"OK a few picky things with that analysis, the people don't know what is happening in the future, they have insight to what is happening around them now."

Well, I see what you mean, but when the voices told the cop and her brother to "release them" in ep 1, no one else in the present knew those girls were tied up in that shed in the junkyard. When the voice or visions told all the passengers to go to the airport, they were directed there just in time to see it explode before anyone else knew it was going to happen.

I guess it could be interpreted either way. People in the future would know this stuff and and could have given the info to the passengers. Or something else in the present knows this stuff and shares it with the passengers before anyone else knows about it. Still feels like the messages are coming from something or someone who knows what's going on before the rest of the world. It fits my theory anyhow. If it turns out to be a religious thing, I guess logic would be pointless for figuring out what's happening on this show. JMO

The religious angle....I was thinking that some folks decided the plane's return was a miracle and they created a cult with rhetoric to explain it. On the new series "The Purge", a group of people created a cult where they sacrifice themselves to be murdered on "purge night". I think the theme of unexplained phenomena being explained with religion is fairly common in some sci-fi shows like this. Come to think of it, that also happened on "The Omega Man", a film from 70s...and IIRC, a religion or cult sprang up around the mystery of all the people who returned on the series "The 4400". Oh yeah...I almost forgot the old movie "The Gods Must be Crazy"...where a coke bottle is found in Africa and a village builds a religion around it.

It even occurred to me that the religious nut in the jail might not be a regular person, but a guy was also brought here from somewhere like the passengers were. But right now I just think he's in a cult, and I think the same about the lady on the street that was raving about the boy.

In any case, if it's about time travel fixing the past, that would also explain the weird coincidences, like the cop looking for the old lady with dementia and finding the murderer at the same time. Something that was said or done by the passengers after they got back may have resulted in a confluence of events that made that amazing coincidence happen. That part reminded my of the "Final Destination" films. Some kids somehow cheat death and then the weirdest coincidences start to happen causing each one to die in bizarre ways.

I dunno. The thing about the scientist woman and the dead woman sharing something unique in their blood that should only be there at the moment of death is what set me off on this whole theory. That and the movie it made me think of but I still can't identify that had a very similar theme...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The mysterious thing is also in the blood of the young boy being treated for cancer.

And in the previews they mention that there was a stowaway on the flight.. So that could be from the future and/or the religious but in jail....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And OWN YOUR TRUTH.. On the refrig.

OWN MY TRUTH in the interview of the woman who was murdered and said to their illegal employee, who she promised to get her husband's practice of exploiting illegals.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She had a calling.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The guy in the mail says the ones on the plane ✈ are the chosen ones.

When he does he will be return and be pure.

Ahh, Michaela was actually looking for her late friend's wandering mother when she found the killer...

(I am re-watching..)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Still love this show. I felt so bad for Michaela when she went to see her friend, then told her dad she felt Lourdes was living her (Michaela's) life. Been there. Also felt sorry for Danny, who's been taking care of Ben's family for the past 3 years, but now all of a sudden, he's out. Sad situation all the way around.

And what was that bright light the little boy saw from the plane? Has to be aliens. A government project couldn't have stopped them aging, unless it's waaaaay out there.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, that light made me think of The Langoliers.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think the writers made a good decision when they decided to have five years pass. It's the perfect length of time to create drama. Enough time for people to have genuinely moved on in a respectful way but short enough for everyone to still have extremely strong emotional connections to the people who were gone.

It's an interesting show and I'm curious to see where they take it.

(I'm so glad that it seems they aren't going down the standard old super-power route.)

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I think it all has to do with the little boy. We all know he is or was sick. Maybe he was in a coma and dreamed all this. Maybe he passed and this is an alternate universe type thing. All of it is beginning to look so much like Lost.