TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 19, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 19, 2018 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
now I really think it is Beth that they are all going to see

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We are getting thunder now..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ut oh!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And more thunder, lightning, rain...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I loved that when Kate was under anesthesia, she saw her dad. I have dreams about my dad all the time (he died 30 years ago). It's comforting.

I have to say, though, I had surgery under anesthesia 18 months ago (gall bladder). I didn't dream anything. One minute they were putting me under, and the next I was in recovery getting ready to go to my hospital room. My hubby and my nurse were laughing at me, cause I couldn't stay awake long enough to listen to her instructions. I was also trying to text a friend that I was out of surgery. Took me like an hour to send a tiny text, cause I kept dozing off.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I've been "under" a number of times. No dreaming. When nurses were trying to wake me up after . . . "LET ME SLEEP!"

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've had surgery once. No dreaming. Otherwise, during regular sleep, I will sometimes dream of my parents, usually when they were younger, in their 50s. Even grandparents occasionally.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I have been under a few times in the last two years, don’t remember dreaming but I did send my DD a voice mail after my oral surgery that said.

That’s good I know in order for sometime it a pig we boy boy hi tech 13 through her to know do we.
What a sad Zachary I don’t have panties well thanks for not saying I have borrowed time for every baby Avenue F for having a food fight of faith is not funny I will hang out here and go and you have no.
I don’t remember it at all and have no clue to what I could possibly actually be saying.

My DD’s response. Okay mom . You should just go to sleep.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kind of like oral autocorrect..

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Omg FB that's hilarious!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 3:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I find it so hard to watch shows about Vietnam.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 1:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hard and I missed the usual variety.

One key thing we learned is that Jack had heart problems quite young, so it means that when the house burned and he went in he was more susceptible than most.

That war is still hard to watch.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 3:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I began to wonder what changed in Jack’s dad to make him become so abusive. He seemed so different when they were at the hospital for Nick’s birth.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
That's a good question, Texannie. You're right, he did seem to be a loving young father at the time of Nick's birth.

I'm sure the abuse came as a result of his drinking, but if he wasn't drinking when Nick was born, I wonder what might have changed that caused him to start drinking.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They said Nick was sick a lot, so maybe the story is there.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Also, it just crushed me when they showed all those babies born on October 18th... Memories of hoping my brother's birthdate would not be called.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We saw the grandfather, who seemed to be what the father became..

We saw Jack's mother had been beaten when the postman brought the letter for Nick, before Jack enlisted.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just when I thought this show couldn't get more depressing. That was a tough episode to watch. My older sister was born in 1948. I was in the 8th grade in 1969. I don't remember anything about them showing the draft lottery on TV. Maybe my parents sheltered me from that. I do remember looking around my Social Studies classroom in 8th grade and wondering how many of my classmates would be in Viet Nam in 5 years. My older sisters had friends who died there. So very sad. What a waste of human life. For nothing.

My hubby says he was fully prepared to go to Canada if his number was called. Luckily he got deferred for HBP.

I also missed seeing the other characters this week. Hope they return to the regular format next week.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My brother was born in 48 and has a number that was low, 098. He also had a knee with a bad ligament, but the draft people wouldn't listen. He went into the national guard and in boot camp his knee would collapse if he had to jump out of a truck.

Finally it gave out on a stairway and some officer sent him to the infirmary.

So he wrecked his knee more, but got to go back to school.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
What year was Nick born? FWIW which is nothing, the most important guy formerly in my life was born Oct. 19, 1949. 99% sure he never served. Became a father at a pretty young age.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They said 1948.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sorry to hear about your brother's knee, Sea, but I'm glad he got to go back to school. Did he get any disability from it? He should have gotten something for wrecking his knee in the military.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think so.. the national guard wanted to do surgery, but he refused. He actually first injured it skiing but the draft board wouldn't listen to him. He finished his bachelor's and MBA at Berkeley. He had knee surgery in 1973. I think much later he had more surgery. His was the medial collateral ligament.

I trashed my anterior cruciate ligament in the 90s and finally had surgery in 2003, a week before my first TVCH meet.. I brought my crutches but they stayed in the car all weekend.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I remember the draft lottery. My brother was drafted and my mother had bought his ticket to go live with Australian relatives. Luckily my father knew someone in the state department who told him that Ireland had a treaty with the United States that prohibited each govts from conscripting their citizens so my brother a week before he had to report, sent a very polite letter citing the treaty and that is how he got out of the draft.