TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 14, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through October 14, 2018 users admin

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Atypical is great. I can't wait for the next season.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched Hannah Gadsby’s "Nanette" yet? It is one of my favorite stand up acts of all time.

Here is a clip of her introducing an award at the emmys:

https://twitter.com/newscomauHQ/status/1041883002832216064

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I loved Sisters...what an interesting premise.
Right now I am watching Cable Girls. It is set in spain and dubbed and a bit of a soap opera but I am enjoying it. Handsome men and pretty women...

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Irsnappy....I have watched about 3 episodes of Cable Girls and it hasn't totally captivated me.

Anyone checking out that new Maniac with Jonah Hill and Emma Watts? I watched the first and part of the second episode but still not invested. I'm not sure I will carry on with it. Has anyone else gone past episode 2 or all and find it intriguing, worth continuing?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I watched a few episodes of The Good Cop yesterday and they were a lot of fun. Love Josh Groban as the nerdy, follow the rules guy and Tony Danza as his father who doesn't play by any rule.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Strategist,
Every single second of "Nanette" is magnificent and if there's a must-see for 2018, this is it. I only wish it had been twice as long - an hour was much too short.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I watched to good movies on Netflix this weekend. "Nappily ever after" and "Set it up".

Both are are cute, relaxing movies to watch. No loud music, screaming, nudity, drama etc. I give them two thumbs up.

Strategist, I'm going to watch Nanette this week, and Ricky, The Gurnsey literary club and potato peel pie was wonderful. :-)

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Uncle_ricky so glad that at least one other person has taken the plunge with Nanette. It is by far the best routine I've seen in a long time. So important for the world we live in today.

Grooch, you've gotta see it. I've seen it three times because I keep wanting to show it to friends on "TV night".

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Mamie...I too watched a couple episodes of "Good Cop" and enjoyed seeing Tony Danza. I was thinking that looked like Josh Groban but I was thought he was a singer?!! LOL

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
okay guys, my computer is spying on me and mysteriously installed Netflix, I never asked for it but one morning my happy computer was telling me how happy it was to have now Netflix for me to enjoy. I asked my son to set it up and gave me his last spot on his account and I can now see all the stuff on Netflix (most of it I already saw anyway). But I also discovered that Netflix in Canada does not have some shows that Netflix in the States has. The first thing I asked my son was to find the second and third series of Versailles but it says only in the States you can see it. Oh well, that's the blasted Canadian Netflix, and I lost interest right away.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Was that recently Spunky? When Netflix first came to Canada its Canadian catalogue was limited, but now it is second in the world (with only the U.S. having slightly more titles). Of course, there are differences.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer, it was yesterday, but darn it, I can't find what I'd like to see. Then one wonders why I'm always watching streaming tv from Europe.
I also have hoopla and now Netflix, my mind is exploding with so much to watch. And I recently discovered the first season of Downtown Abbey on my local French channel which I enjoy every day.
I tried to find Versailles in the French youtube channels but just a few episodes and then nothing. No wonder I can't give up Spanish telenovelas or Italian tv.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
If you have Amazon Prime, they also have a lot of older TV shows (for free!). I recently relived my pre-teen years by watching the gothic soap Dark Shadows (all of it!). I was a devoted fan back in the day and used to race home to watch, but it was like watching a brand new series. I hardly remembered any of it! The production values were horrible, so it was hilarious. Boom mics were often in the shot, as well as members of the crew (not actors), props broke, actors called each other by the wrong name. There were no retakes. Apparently they shot the whole show from beginning to end, without stopping, so if somebody made a mistake, they just kept going. Such a fun show!

I've also watched shows I missed like Friday Night Lights, Laguna Beach and The Hills, and Dawson's Creek. Now I'm rewatching the last couple of seasons of Glee.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here are some new Netflix scary themed series and movies for the Halloween season.

Haunted (series, release date Oct 19)

Real people sit down with friends and family to share terrifying true stories from their past, re-created through chilling re-enactments.
https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80195378

Malevolent (Movie, release date today, Oct 5)

A brother-sister team who fake paranormal encounters for cash get more than they bargained for when a job at a haunted estate turns very, very real.
https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80242081

The Haunting of Hill House (Series, release date Oct 12)

Flashing between past and present, a fractured family confronts haunting memories of their old home and the terrifying events that drove them from it.
https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80189221

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is one movie I am very curious to watch. It's a drama about the 2011 terror attacks and aftermath in Norway, including the attack on the children's summer camp island that killed 68 children and staff.

22 July (Release date Oct 10)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80210932

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed my first movie on Netflix, I was looking for it at the library but couldn't find. The sequel of Jack Reacher with Tom Cruise.
They're keeping track of what I watch and recommend other stuff. The Blue Planet is still there on pause..
One just has to peruse the choices, I keep skipping a lot and sometimes I find a gem, rarely though.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm hooked to Netflix now.
Can you explain something to me, I just watched my second movie, "How it ends" just because I like the actor (The divergent series). It says that it is a "Netflix Movie", 2018, what does that mean? Was it made specifically for Netflix even before going to dvd? Anyway, I tried to read some reviews because I hadn't heard about the movie at all before seeing it listed on Netflix, and I don't understand some bad reviews, especially the way it ends. I find it interesting enough and wasn't disappointed by the ending, what else were they going to do but fight to survive, there ain't going to be a rainbow at the end of the road. Duh!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Netflix has started making more and more original series and movies and they are often very good.

There’s no accounting for some bad reviews. For example, some people who don’t like any horror movies will give a horror movie a bad review. That’s just silly to me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am through episode 3 of
The Haunting of Hill House and it is so good!
It is a totally new take, not a remake. It's a total of 10 eps.

Please don't skip this if you like haunting mysteries, and scary ghost stories. It's perfect for the season.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
The documentary on Quincy Jones is really good. I enjoyed the tv show Designated Survivor, never having seen it before so I binge watched that.Movies, Spotlight an amazing movie. If you like baking competitions, the Great British Banking show, I loved. El Chapo is a great series. Fair Game is a good movie (the Valerie Plame fiasco). Tinker Tailer soldier Spy another great movie. Some suggestions.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Just about to start episode 7 of The Haunting of Hill House. I agree with Naja it is really good!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I've seen horror movies before but the one recommended by Netflix, just because I watched Perdida, Hold the Dark kept me biting my nails, I wanted to put it on pause to do other things but couldn't stop watching. Alaska could be beautiful but awful at the same time.

I see Netflix has an infinite collection of movies and tv series, but there is a lot missing which could be more interesting to me, like more material from overseas. For example, someone was telling me that Netflix was showing Isabel of Castile (very similar to the Tudor historical tv drama) but it's not showing in Canada (I'm watching it on Italian stream but wanted to watch the original Spanish version).
Anyway I think I've got way too much stuff to see now and it could become overwhelming.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m really looking forward to seeing The Haunting of Hill House.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Some movies are just mind blowing... have you seen Anon?? I imagined so many times how bad 'Big Brother' could get in the future, but never thought it could be this bad. These movie writers are incredible!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the guy that plays the brother named Steve is the same actor that plays Daario Naharis on GOT. But I can tell you he is much more handsome in his GOT costumes. :-)

I just finished the last ep of Hill House. Wow, what a show.