TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
New Amsterdam

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: New Amsterdam users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 20, 2018Colordeagua25 10-20-18  3:36 pm
Archive through March 12, 2019Seamonkey25 03-12-19  10:55 pm
Archive through May 04, 2019Dipo25 05-04-19  4:13 pm
Archive through May 24, 2019Sadiesmom25 05-24-19  9:50 am
Archive through March 04, 2021Babyjaxmom25 03-04-21  1:23 pm
Archive through March 26, 2021Colordeagua25 03-26-21  11:36 am
Archive through October 11, 2021Scooterrific25 10-11-21  3:40 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 11, 2021 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Me too.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the memory story. I disagree

maybe it is just me.

I had some guests for another country once, I opened my home to them and made them comfortable. One day they just turned cold and left early. I had no idea why.

then 10 years later I was stepping into my den and I stepped in one spot and a memory came back at me. I said something meant to be humourous, and it was really crude and insulting and did not reflect how I felt, it was something I just said from phrases in my past. I knew it was horrible, their faces were shocked. I hae no idea how I got through that moment because I can't remember the whole thing just the moment of saying that horrible thing. I knew it was wrong, I think I tried to apologize, but I think they thought it meant what I really felt, which it did not. I don't believe it did. These people ran me ragged, since I am a long walk from the bus stop I offered to ride them back and forth, I was exhausted, they split into two groups and one was a morning groups and one a late night one. I think I got 3 hours sleep each night they were there. maybe there I was tryingto hurt them, who knows

the point it I know the exact words I said and I know they had horrified expressions on their faces. then next few years people whispered about me, when I met their other friends at events. People were even hypercritical of me on line in the group we had met in. it happened an it happened exactly as I remember it.

but don't sympathize with me, I never apologized and it has been another 10 years, the people from my house are still not talking to me, but I don't blame them the one phrase was pretty horrible. aAnd there is some residual nastiness from their friends. I deserved it, but I can't think of any appropriate apology.

An more harmless example. I worked with a woman who could have appeared on the 600 lb life. We were friends, I thought she was really funny. She said something to me once, and I said it was big of her to say that. That was an expression of my youth. She got really mad and stopped talking to me for a week but then we were friends again, I don't remember how. that was not nearly as bad and I don't want to say what I said in this case because it was so much worse.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Last season for this show..

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Last night’s show was painful to watch. On several levels. I can’t take watching such absolute agony.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well the next show is the final of the show.

I liked the show last night.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2023 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Unnecessarily gory and punative. Awful stuff. I muted the sound, and fast-forwarded past the worst of it. If you saw last might've ep, you know exactly what I'm referring to. (Shudder)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2023 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That last sentence should read: 'If you saw last night's ep,' (etc)

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, January 08, 2023 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
That’s what I did too Mameb! I don’t know why they had to get that gory and exude that much pain. We would have been able to get the gist without the closeups and screaming.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, January 08, 2023 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I had to cover my eyes for most of it. Agree it was not necessary to the story line.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 08, 2023 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just seemed realistic to me, I guess. I know it is acting, not real life. Real life suffering, not my entertainment..

But some scripted shows with killing , nope. I made it through one episode of Game of Thrones, for instance. And that Flight Attendant show.. one episode. So just being scripted doesn't mean I like it.

But I know people who love animals but won't watch shows with surgery (vet and zoo shows) and I love those.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: