TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 12, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 12, 2018 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I think they were watching the game at that bar

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought I heard Toby say yah, Ill be down. werent they already at the place ? why would Toby say Ill be DOWN....kind of made me feel like he was the one but then I remembered they refer to visiting a she.

I think the actress that plays Kate has gotten bigger, I was shocked when she said she had lost 40lbs. I get that the point was that no one noticed but when the actress looks bigger it was even a sadder moment for me to watch

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I would think Chrissie Metz' health is watched closely, but all that weight cannot be good for her in the long run. She's got this fantastic acting role in a hit show so that makes it OK? I thought weight loss was going to be written into the first season. No. And not the second season either. When Chrissie made appearances on various talk shows during the summer, I too thought she was putting on weight.

Starr

07-09-2005

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Could the football player Franco Harris have something to do with Kevin's story line? My first thought was maybe Franco got kevin's spot once Kevin broke his leg, then realized the timing wouldn't be right on that either.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
I was thinking maybe Franco actually could have taken Jack's spot (couldn't remember if he did football earlier) and was either drafted or enlisted knowing his brother was also going.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I'll be down is a way to say that he'll go to wherever they are. When my mom is in the hospital and someone calls, I say, I'll come right down. This may be a regional thing.

Last night's show was so slooooow. Heartbreak for Randall not fitting anywhere. I like Kate less and less. I find her to be very selfish.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think Mandy Moore does an exceptional job as an actress in this show.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Actually, I think the whole cast is doing an exceptional job.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was wowed by last night's show. Good to see Ron Cephas Jones / Randall's birth father again.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Seriously... any story line with Ron Cephas Jones in it is, well, just wonderful...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jen, ahhh didnt think of it in that sense. I agree with everything you wrote.

90% failure rate for the pregnancy and the doc doesnt even mention weight loss surgery or at least a 6 mo protein diet before trying to get preggers.
She has got to be 500lbs

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Not only is the character of Kate very selfish, but so are Kevin and the mom. Randall seems to be the only one trying to be there for everyone, often to his own detriment. I just wanted to hug him when Kevin told him what Kate had said about being "the only one to pass on anything of Dad." It's not just about genes. They all have bits of their dad to pass on. Poor Randall! "Two dead dads" and so much guilt and regret.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She is talking genes when she talks having a bio child rather than adopting. That is just a fact.

They all could pass along what they learned from Jack to any child.

Kevin often seems the most in tune with his nieces when he talks to them.

Poor Randall also got to have two living dads and can pass along what he did get from both of them.

Kate was closest to Jack, and lost him and blamed herself because Jack went back for her dog.

Randall was closest to their mom and even he was frustrated that she was phoning it in with Kevin and Kate, as they spiralled downward.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
It may be a fact, Seamonkey, but it doesn’t mean it does’t sting.
My kids are adopted. Sadly, my inlaws never got past the ‘genes’ and thought all was lost. They never connected with my kids because of the genes issue.
It hurts my kids to this day that is what mattered to them.

My daughter is pregnant with my first grandchild. Does it matter that my genes are in that baby? No.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Texannie, I know several people who are either adopted or have adopted a child. I know that once that baby is in your arms, it is yours. Doesn't matter who gave birth to him or her. One friend and her hubby tried for 15 or 20 years to get pregnant before they adopted a little boy. He is the light of their lives and couldn't be more loved. I'm sorry your parents couldn't get past the "genes" thing. That's really sad.

Oh, and congratulations about the grandbaby! That's really exciting!!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Thankfully, my parents never looked at my kids as anything but theirs so it made up for the inlaws.
And thanks, we are all pretty excited. We are hosting a gender reveal next Sunday for all sides of the family.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good for your parents!!!

And super news about your soon to be grandchild! That is really exciting.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Watching tonight’s episode,, I just worry about Kate (the real person) health. I hope they have her in a fat suit. Her fat distribution is just not good!!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The elephant in the room -- Chrissie's weight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, the actress is large and the character perhaps larger, but she is still part of the family and we are seeing her past demons.

Loved the flashbacks to pre-marriage Jack and Rebecca, to Kevin impressing them all with his acting, and his starting to look into Jack's past.

I love that we still see past interaction between Beth and Randall's dad, and that Miguel, Beth and Toby have maintained their support group via text..

And that Kate or all three Kates had that time with Jack.

Beth losing her job may ground some of Randall's dreams but maybe he can still make a difference.

When Kate was staying under anesthesia too long, I think they might have brought Toby into recovery so his voice could help ground her.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I love that we still see last interaction between Beth and Randall's dad"

That scene confused me. Beth was sitting at a table talking to the younger version of Randall's biological dad. He had no gray hair at all, but he was pretty gray when she first met him.

Come to think of it I think she was talking about Randall not being able to handle it if he lost Kate (in reference to the anesthesia situation), so she was definitely present day Beth. Was this just a fantasy sequence of Beth imagining what Randall's dad would've said to her?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think that is it.. She channels his wisdom and we see him.

Randall reacted to the loss of Jack by needing to hold his crumbling family together.

When he lost his bio dad, he was able to take him on that road trip but then he lost control in so many ways ever since.

As the woman at the red center tells him, he cannot control everything wrong and needs to hear people,at the red center, his daughter.

And later, as Beth tells him.. Hear your sister.

And what difficulty he has simply saying "I am sorry", without a but or an if, and without using passive voice.. But he finally did it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Beth needs Randall now and I bet he puts all is attention to running for office to fix that youth center all the while his own family will fall apart...I really hope not but I can see that happening

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I can see that too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I kind of fear that could happen.

I think he sees Beth as his rock, but now Beth needs a rock.