TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 05, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: A Million Little Things: Archive through October 05, 2018 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thought I should add a thread for this show, since I think it's gonna be popular. It reminded me a lot of "This Is Us." I think they're attempting to capitalize on the TIU buzz. Think about it: it's a show about somebody everybody loved, who died, and I predict the actor is still going to have an active part in future episodes.

Not that I didn't like it. I had tears in my eyes the whole episode. Some of it was predictable, but a lot of it was very real. My older sister committed suicide in 1972. She was only 24 and was facing her second divorce, along with many other problems. She jumped out of a 4th floor window, in a hospital of all places! So I can relate.

Suicide is something the friends and relatives never really get over. We learn to live with it, but there's always the guilt and the sadness that we didn't see it coming, maybe we could have done something. If only.

I really liked it. The message is good, and the cast is great. Looking forward to future episodes.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
and it's exactly that... A million little things we don't know about each other even though we think we're friends. I think it's not 'earth shattering' new series, just normal people, more a psychological genre, the suicide was a wake-up call for this group of friends who are wondering if they really know each other, the viewers see they all have secrets they don't share and it's also a reflection on our modern lives, the way we communicate and the loneliness we feel in spite of all the communication power we have.
However, if the series becomes a bit too soppy for me, I may lose interest.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I watched it too Babyjaxmom. I am sorry about your sister.

I found it very moving too. I think I am going to like all the characters.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Good first episode. I’ll stick with it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I will continue to watch for now.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Dogdoc. It was a very long time ago, but we still miss her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Of course you miss her 💙

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, so sorry about your sister! Isn't it something when we relate so closely to a show like that.

For me, its Kate on This is Us. I was diagnosed 20 yrs ago with PCOS. Back then it was so new, they didn't really know how to treat it. But I can definitely relate to the miscarriages and infertility treatments, even a stillborn in my case.

Anyway, this show looks interesting. It took me the entire episode, tho, to figure out the guy with breast cancer is Shawn from Psych. Didn't recognize him with the facial hair, but I kept thinking "I know that voice!!" Haha

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree this seems like a promising start. Some similarities to This is Us.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This Is Us started in the past. At the very beginning we didn't know how much it would jump around in time. Yet it's always been quite easy to follow.

A Million Little Things started in the present. We don't as yet know how much it will jump around in time. We got a little history, but didn't go too far back.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I recognized Shawn from Psych right away.

That could be because I watched millions of re-runs.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I was going to drop this show if it was going to be another soppy one but they are 'slowly' dealing with the mysterious suicide note and reasons and the intrigue keeps going and so this keeps me watching.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last night's episode, as well. Still struggling with all the names. I do like the characters though. Haven't seen too much of the wife of the guy, who cheated, except at the funeral. Looks like she will be featured more next week.

I have to say that every time the guy who committed suicide is on the screen.... well, the screen just lights up. And I wonder what the secretary is hiding.... I have a sneaky suspicion that the "restaurant deal" for the 2 women is too good to be true.... like maybe he did something there. I wanted to scream at the TV... "Take it to a lawyer before you sign!"

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We did finally hear the voicemail where the guy who jumped good the friend who was cheating on his wife with the wife of the guy who jumped.. Take care of them..

I loved that the guy who almost swallowed the pills knew that dance better than anyone..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The restaurant deal was the last thing he sealed on the phone before he jumped.

But, yeah, I would want it checked out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think the phone message actually said, "Love each other." He knew about his wife and his friend. Sad.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, that message said "I just need you to do me a favor. Love each other".

Jonathon seemed to be referring directly to his wife and his buddy, Eddie, because he knew of the affair so he left a final message to Eddie giving them his blessing.

If he'd said "Take care of them" I would've assumed he was referring to his wife and kids (or maybe even the whole group), as in asking a good friend to watch over his family after he's gone.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I type too slowly. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But accurately..

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I heard the same thing you did.

I have a feeling Jonathan and the secretary were an item.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had that feeling as well; could be.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Me too. Why did Ashley hide his letter? Did anyone see what she was doing on the life insurance website? What's up with Ashley?

And the son telling Shawn that he was gay? Wonder why the son could go to Shawn with this but not his dad.

I also thought the 'love each other' was initially met for Eddie and his wife. But I'm starting to wonder maybe if he met love each other was directed to the friends. I mean just stating on watching just two episodes makes me believe that Jonathan is not the type of guy that would throw something so heavy onto Eddie even if he was sleeping with his wife.

So many secrets this bunch has. Hence the title A Million Little Things.

And again, what's up with Ashley?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"And the son telling Shawn that he was gay? Wonder why the son could go to Shawn with this but not his dad. "

Maybe the dad was a republican, the party that still supports anti-gay and unconstitutional policies as stated in their official party platform. I don't mean to imply that "all" republicans are anti-gay, but the GOP's official goals certainly are.

The son was afraid to tell anyone he was gay because he was afraid. Then Shawn asked him if the "girl" he mentioned, "Ella" was really a boy. The son realized that Shawn saw him for who he was but wasn't judging him. In fact Shawn seemed perfectly fine about it. After thinking about it for awhile, the kid summoned the courage to finally tell an adult what he was feeling. Both conversations he had with Shawn about this were because Shawn approached the boy with an open, caring attitude.

LOTS of gay people feel too threatened to come out, even though many people will accept them with open hearts. However, there are still LOTS of folks who are virulently anti-gay but may seem perfectly normal in every other way. Also, the kid is in middle(?) school, a hotbed of judgment and bullying and disrespect for anyone who is different in any way.

I thought their scenes together were both endearing and realistic.

Starr

07-09-2005

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Didn't mean to confuse anyone by mentioning Shawn from Psych. His name on this show is Gary.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
SanFran, I also found it endearing.. one of the four GUYS who is less settled down than the others but he is also in tune with this kid, maybe kids I general.

He was able to let the kid know that whatever, it was ok. And, true or not, assure him that his dad would also have been okay and still love him.

We may learn more as time goes on.