TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 08, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: Archive through October 08, 2018 users admin

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Psstt....Babyjaxmom.....his name was Matthew.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, thanks, Egbok. Not that it matters anymore. . .

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 1:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I'm on the 4th season finale (takes me a while to get around to watching shows these days, lol.)

Every time I think I've seen the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on this show, they one up themselves. Canibals, omg. Holy cow, do they ever catch a break??

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just a warning, there is a scene in the next episode that is so horrific my body stood itself up and tried to leave the room seemingly without control from my brain. You might want to watch it with something you can put over your eyes (and plug in your ears).

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
You are so right, I ended up grabbing my kindle and trying to read a few pages during the 5th season premiere.

A lot of this show is gross, bloody, and gory, but there are just some scenes that are so disturbing. It's the disturbing parts that get to me. The cannibals were bad...as the "good guys" show, there's food to be found, might have to hunt up an owl or a snake, but they can find something! There's no need to resort to cannibalism at this point.

The emergency c-section was another one. I called my sister and told her we needed condoms for our emergency earthquake kits (that we joke are zombie apocalypse kits.) When she asked why and I told her about that scene, she said, yep, condoms are going on the list, lol.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's funny! I never thought of that! And with no other form of lights-out entertainment that might be a wise choice!

I was okay with the cannibal concept (as long as they didn't make it too graphic) but the trough scene in S5E01 was just too much, especially as Glenn was next. I mean you know Rick and Daryl are safe, but not necessarily Glenn. I think they've tried to turn some of the comicbook stuff into tv, and it's just not suitable for regular tv watchers (like me) who think of the characters as real people. And it just gets worse, unfortunately, but not for a while if you're still in S5.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I could accept cannibalism if they had no choice. But the Terminus people had room to grow their own food and they could have sent people out to hunt and scavenge for supplies. Instead they lured people to them with the promise of safety and then ate them. I mean, I really don't want to eat an owl, but if it was a choice between that and some dudes thigh, I'm going for the owl.

I was worried about Glenn, Walking Dead has no problem killing off their characters. I had myself half prepared for it to happen and was pretty relieved when they made it out of that.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
https://tvline.com/2018/10/03/walking-dead-new-opening-credits-season-9-andrew-lincoln-leaving/

New opening credits video in the link. It's very comicbookesque, and pretty dark.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a jump in time, on the short preview clip Negan has a really long beard.

I hate time jumps

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes, Maggie has already had the baby

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They announced on Talking Dead that it would be an 18 month time jump. So little Maggie-Glenn should be just over a year old.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
As I’m watching the marathon they have many different trailers for S9 and on one of them they said and plastered across TV

“Get ready to watch the final episodes of TWD

Kind of sounds like this is/may be the last season 🤔

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Are you sure it didn't say "Rick's" final episodes? That's what I've seen on screen so far (but I haven't been watching the marathon).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I kind of wish they would end it this season. I can't see it going on without Rick, and I just think they've done everything. They should end it before it dies a slow, painful death when they run out of original ideas.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I know that the other previews have said “Ricks final episodes

Which baffled me because they only said Watch the final episodes

Could just be a mistake, but Lauren Conrad who is rumored to leave after this season also. She is staring in a new dramedy coming out “Whiskey Cavalier” unless ABC didn’t pick it up

TWD without Rick and Maggie will not be much of a show to watch for me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Agreed.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sad news:

Veteran actor Scott Wilson, best known to TV audiences as Hershel Greene on The Walking Dead, died Saturday. He was 76.

TMZ reports that Wilson died due to complications from leukemia.

News of Wilson’s passing comes just hours after it was announced that he will appear in Walking Dead‘s upcoming ninth season, reprising his role as Hershel. It’s believed that his episode was shot earlier this summer.

https://tvline.com/2018/10/06/scott-wilson-dead-76-dies-walking-dead-actor/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    

Fan3

07-07-2005

Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fan3 a private message Print Post    
How sad.... I read they are named Maggie and glen baby herschel.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
WTH! I can’t even watch this show in real time anymore

What? Did they run out of gas all of a sudden? And where did all the horses come from

Having horses for their transportation makes me ill. I don’t want to see horses get eaten alive by walkers!!!

I’m already not liking this season. We are also coming into the middle of a life where Carol is involved with the king guy and getting married (can’t spell his name so ....)

Not a fan, I have to FF so I don’t see a poor horse suffer Ugh

**** Yes I know it’s not real, but same difference

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm sure there was a "no horses are harmed in the making of this show" in the credits :-) But at least this episode was horse pain free.

They are low on fuel but Sanctuary are making some sort of fuel equivalent. But yes, I think they will be relying a lot on horses... hopefully none will be eaten.

Well they solved one problem very quickly. If that can happen to one, why is Negan still alive?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I know that no horses were harmed in the making, but using horses, we will most likely be seeing them harmed ( in the show)

Rick never killed Negan, he is being kept in jail at Alexandria, that’s why Maggie won’t go back even to visit Judith

I never like when a show does a time jump..... ugh

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's what I mean, Lostfan. One person does something bad and is hanged. Another does many things even worse and gets life in a jail cell. That's going to be a bit difficult to justify. Don't kill him on the battle field if you don't have to (S8E16) but wouldn't they have put him on trial and rendered punishment in the last 18 months?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
What??? Did the show start last night? How did I miss this? Gonna go check my DVR.