TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 01, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 01, 2018 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Who is the Italian woman who is cooking and family? And who is David Harris?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 4:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Did you watch till almost the end?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
The Italian woman was Franco Harris's mother. Franco Harris played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and is famously known for his "Immaculate Reception" football catch from Terry Bradshaw.

I think we were shown this clip early in the show to maybe put a dateline on when Jack and Rebecca had their first date?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
When typing above, I wasn't sure about Harris' first name -- so David. No matter how big the play, if you're not into football . . . . It had no meaning to me.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Love that one of my favorite shows is back.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Weird they had family stuff for the football player. Makes you think he is connected somehow, but if he's a real person then he can't be.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Is that football player related to anyone on the show? seemed like a lot of time to spend on someone just to establish a timeline.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Pamy. I found this storyline on Franco Harris to be very involved and I kept asking myself why are they showing all of this to us?
My thought was that maybe this Franco Harris storyline shows two things...the timeline of when Jack and Rebecca had their first date which was when the "Immaculate Reception" occurred and the start of Jack and Rebecca's combined love of the Pittsburgh Steelers, which as parents, they continued their tradition of being huge Steeler fans with their children.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Egbok. It was partly to establish the timeline, and partly to establish that Jack and Rebecca were big Steelers fans. As soon as they showed him in his Steelers jersey and he picked up his helmet, I knew who he was. My first hubby was a big Steelers fan.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This episode reminded me of one of my mom and dad's first dates back in the mid-40s. They went to the movies, and my mom wanted popcorn, so he bought her popcorn. She offered him some, but he said, "No, I don't really like popcorn." She found out later that he LOVED popcorn and could eat a bucket of it after dinner every night. He just didn't have enough money to buy it for both of them, and he wanted her to be happy, so she got the popcorn. Love!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I can't remember, but doesn't the Super Bowl after the 'immaculate reception' have something to do with their relationship?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
thats when she got preggers

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
No the kids were born in 1980 so she couldn't have gotten pregnant then. (At least not Franco's Immaculate Reception.) But pretty sure she did get pregnant on a superbowl night in 1980. That immaculate reception was early 70s.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I thought that they focused on the football game because of the parallel between the football game being hopeless and then a win to KaToby's doc saying no and then yes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Superbowl loomed large in their relationship over the years.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Just looked up the date. Dec. 23, 1972. Which is odd because they showed no Christmas stuff. But likely didn't want to distract/confuse people...

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
FYI Super Bowl 1980 was Jan. 20 and Steelers beat the Rams.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
My dad just explained to me who Franco Harris was/is, and that winning play. Lol

I def understand the significance of the football game to the Pearsons. However, I still wonder why they showed us the scenes (before & after the game) w/ Franco's family. Doesn't it make y'all wonder if there's going to be more to his story? hmmm...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Julie, ty for correcting me :-) I didnt do the math!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Whrlwnd, yes I do!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So the person they were going to visit was ....?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Pamy, didn't they go to a bar after a Steeler game and she got pregnant then.

Being reared in Pittsburgh, I love all the Pittsburgh references.

I fell for thinking the girl didn't want to be adopted when she went out the window.

Did we know what she asked her dad? How did she afford the shoes?

Jimmer, who was going to visit?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Randall and Tess were going to visit someone (in a hospital?) and Toby somewhat reluctantly seemed to agree to come as well. They didn't say who it was but they seem to be hinting it's Kate. I was wondering if that was everyone else's impression.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, when Deja went out the window, she went to see her biological dad, who apparently owns a sporting goods store. She told him she wanted one thing from him and would never ask for anything again. I would assume she asked for the shoes for Randall's birthday, since she was feeling bad she didn't have anything to give him. I hope she got the right size, cause that could be an awkward exchange!

Yes, Jimmer, that was my first thought, too. They showed Toby in that big bed all alone. Doesn't bode well for Kate. I'm thinking her attempts to get pregnant didn't go well for her. Oh, this show is sad!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Babyjaxmom. I didn't realize it was a sporting goods store.