TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 02, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Manifest: Archive through October 02, 2018 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well, I was prepared to be skeptical. But I loved it! Love Josh Dallas and the rest of the cast. I was sobbing when the plane landed and everyone was reunited with their loved ones who thought they were dead. Can you imagine having someone come back into your life you never thought you'd see again? It was a little similar to The Returned (French version was so much better than the American version), only they don't appear to be zombies.

So far, I like it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, good, I forgot to watch so I will go and track it down online.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the opening episode as well. Nicely done drama and some interesting ongoing puzzles. Hope they keep it up.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I missed the first 20 minutes last night, but really enjoyed the rest of the episode.
It is airing again Friday night at 9 PM.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I was going to watch it but something inside me thought it might be along the lines of Lost, which I never could get in to, so I watched NCIS instead.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The theme is not new but I don't mind watching different versions and as a first episode there are a lot of questions that will keep me interested for a while.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Didn't think I would... But I loved it! Lots to think about. Josh Dallas is terrific there is absolutely zero resemblance to Prince Charming from Once Upon a Time. Impressed that he's such a terrific actor did not see that coming. Although I do like the guy. And there were two things that reminded me very much of Lost. The first thing that jumped out at me was how familiar the Asian medical researcher guy was. Then it hit me he was from Lost, he was the guy I can't think of the name of the character, but he was the guy that was in all those videos they watched in the underground bunker. The other thing that jumped out at me was really obvious and that was when the gal noticed all the numbers were the same which is an obvious reference and plot idea from Lost. Not sure if I'm making any sense here as I'm rambling and dictating this.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I liked it too!

I'm not sure, but they may be angling for a religious bent... how they handle that will determine whether I keep watching.

Mame - the numbers all referred to the Bible verse that her mother quoted to her before she got on the other plane. Romans 8:28.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow, Mame! What a memory! I'm impressed. And yes, a big part of what attracted to me is that it reminded me of Lost, which I loved (up until that disappointing finale). I loved how everyone was so unknowingly interconnected on that show. Loved the Easter eggs (pictures on the side of milk cartons). Hope this show lives up to its promise.

Spear

08-05-2001

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
The first thing that jumped out at me was how familiar the Asian medical researcher guy was. Then it hit me he was from Lost, he was the guy I can't think of the name of the character, but he was the guy that was in all those videos they watched in the underground bunker.

I think the actor from Lost is François Chau, while the actor in this series is Joel de la Fuente.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the first episode. I hope it keeps me interested.

Citruscitygal

08-07-2003

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Citruscitygal a private message Print Post    
OK Didn't think I'd watch but now I'm going to give it a try.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Spear thank you! I was wondering how that Asian actor managed to look so young in this. LOL!

BJM thanks although it turns out I was wrong about that actor being from LOST, but at least I'm right about the numbers. :-)

Thanks for explaining the meaning of the numbers Kar. Xo

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
It was good. But I REALLY hope it doesn't go the way of Lost and make us think they're alive and well, etc in a different timeline. Ugh.

It's interesting enough to watch - though I deleted off the dvr before hubby watched it thinking he wouldn't like it and now he thinks he might have. Oh well.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Scotchbright do you have On Demand? Most shows can be accessed there a few days after airing.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"But I REALLY hope it doesn't go the way of Lost and make us think they're alive and well, etc in a different timeline. Ugh."

When I read your comment, an interesting twist popped into my mind....but I think you might really hate it.

What if they found the wreckage of the "missing" airplane on a mountain or something and it appeared to have 5 years worth of rusting and weathering....and all their bodies were found with it?

Then there would be a set of dead passengers and a set of living ones that somehow know what's going to happen.

That would open it up to possible alternate timelines.

Whatever it is, there already is some kind of time travel element involved....those passengers somehow skipped over 5 years. Could also be a religious thing (miracle) but I really hope not because that's just too easy. I'd much prefer a time travel and/or alternate timeline direction, but, of course, I love those kinds of story lines.

Hopefully, whatever it is, we'll all get into it and it will be a fun ride and we'll all enjoy it. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I definitely left it on my car schedule.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahahahaha, Seamonkey, you watch in your car?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Arrgh. dvr!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love your autocorrect, it entertains me.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I liked it, hope it lasts......Seems like they don't give these shows enough time to develop, so they have to come up with a twist quickly instead of just letting us get to know a few people.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
This show reminds me the movie Passengers with Anne Hathaway, a group of plane-crash survivors and she is their therapist but when they start to disappear she realizes, at the end of the movie, that she is one of them, she was on the plane that crashed and they were all dead.
So now we see one dying (committing suicide?) and maybe all of them dying but they are really dead people sent back to earth to do some good deeds.
Just my imagination... I guess.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it had some interesting developments. Shadow creatures? All the references to God and miracles? The death at the end.

I'm curious enough to keep watching... for now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I looked away from the screen, did they show who it was that killed themselves?

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I didn’t think it was a suicide. She was sitting there watching herself on the tv. A shadowy character came from behind, then bam, blood on the tv screen..