TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
A Million Little Things

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: A Million Little Things users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 05, 2018Seamonkey25 10-05-18  11:25 pm
Archive through November 10, 2018Seamonkey25 11-10-18  8:29 pm
Archive through January 26, 2019Jimmer25 01-26-19  9:31 pm
Archive through February 11, 2019Seamonkey25 02-11-19  8:00 pm
Archive through March 01, 2019Texannie25 03-01-19  5:42 am
Archive through October 10, 2019Seamonkey25 10-10-19  10:26 am
Archive through November 08, 2019Seamonkey25 11-08-19  5:50 pm
Archive through November 23, 2019Seamonkey25 11-23-19  12:01 pm
Archive through March 20, 2020Dogdoc25 03-20-20  11:38 am
Archive through December 19, 2020Kookliebird25 12-19-20  2:58 pm
Archive through April 01, 2021Sanfranjoshfan25 04-01-21  3:38 pm
Archive through April 16, 2021Jimmer25 04-16-21  4:45 pm
Archive through October 14, 2021Sincebb125 10-14-21  11:37 am
Archive through March 04, 2022Dogdoc25 03-04-22  7:32 am
Archive through April 30, 2022Dogdoc25 04-30-22  3:54 am
Archive through May 22, 2022Jimmer25 05-22-22  10:14 am
Archive through April 06, 2023Sincebb125 04-06-23  4:07 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 12, 2023 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And the impending writers' strike could affect quite a few shows..

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, April 12, 2023 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh crap...great

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, April 12, 2023 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm getting so sad this show is ending. I really like all of the characters and the actors that play them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 13, 2023 - 2:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same. I really like the characters and the storylines and it is almost over.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, April 13, 2023 - 4:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
It's funny - Delilah was definitely the character I cared about the least in the early seasons - but last night's episode was probably the most I felt bad for her.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 13, 2023 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Legal Same.

I'm wondering if Delilah and Eddie are going to get back together? Last night's nostalgic episode really tugged at my heartstrings. The closing of the door, as Delilah leaves the house that was sold, after remembering all the happy and sad times in the home first....was so representative of all the emotions we have gone through as viewers with the show.

I would be very happy if they would have a spin-off with Gary and Maggie, as those are the characters I'm going to miss the most

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 21, 2023 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I did cry a few times.....wedding for one.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, April 21, 2023 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
It’s scary the way the storyline is suggesting….

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 21, 2023 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm going to be PISSED if what they are showing of Gary's storyline is where they are going to leave it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 21, 2023 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, the preview showed Maggie challenging Gary to fight an him I assume prepping for chemo or something that would cause hair loss and shaving his head

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 21, 2023 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Exactly...then we are left hanging with him fighting already metastasized cancer with one lung left. Unless the last episode fast forwards, years in to the future....they could have left that storyline alone and hopeful. Both Maggie and Gary being breast cancer survivors, we knew the possibilities. It just would have been nice to not go there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 2:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Next week is the end of the series. 😮. Now we have everyone paired up, Gary and Maggie married, Eddie and Delilah next door, Kathryn and Greta thinking of a child.

And Gary...

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i cant remember the last time i was this emotional throughout a TV show... last night's episode... i just have no words (well i do, but...)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Same. Having gone through the same emotions of not wanting to give up, and 3 hospice in less than 3 years...it really affected me. And Gary being my favorite character...it's really getting to me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think that Whoever wrote this episode experienced this type of death first hand, in terms of Gary’s acceptance but Maggie not, Danny not wanting to see him like that or know what to say and the sister saying just be there. It’s very close to what I and others experienced with my brothers passing. As with Sincebb1, he’s my favorite character too.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Having to be the gatekeeper with family/friends who all ran the gambit of emotions, when a family member died last year, it totally was real the way different characters processed things. And as much as I love Regina, Maggie, Katherine, Sophie, Danny, Theo…to name a few….Gary definitely became the anchor of the group and the show. I have to jump off…just typing this makes me emotional thinking of Gary.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, very emotional. Gary became a favorite, though I like how Sophie has matured and like everyone else too.

And emotions about this show not being renewed, too. I would choose it over any number of shows.

I was emotional over Northern Exposure, Parenthood, This is Us final episodes too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Interesting thing about James Roday Rodriguez. For such a long time, he was known as just James Roday, but in 2020 took his full name back. I’ve always liked him in whatever series he was in.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 29, 2023 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This past episode was a tough one to watch for anyone who's been through cancer with a loved one. We lost my dad 35 years ago to lung cancer. He was only 64. He died only 4 months after being diagnosed. It was very hard because I lived an hour and a half from my parents and I was working full-time. I drove over every weekend that summer (except for one) to be with them and to support my mom.

My younger brother was in the USAF, stationed on the East Coast (we're in California). He'd gone round and round for weeks with his superiors trying to get home for at least a visit. One day I told my mom, "Call the Red Cross. Maybe they can do something." He was on a plane home the next day.

My nephew, who my parents had raised, was only 20, and he didn't deal with things well. His method of handling the fact that our dad was dying was to just never be home (couldn't face it, like Danny). He regrets now that he wasn't there for much of my Dad's last days.

Everyone processes a loss differently. Wonderful, but super sad, how this show has captured that angle. I thought I was over this show, but now I'm going to miss it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, that was so sad. Again, with the exception of the assisted suicide, the show hit on the various emotions that took me back to when my brother passed. I lost it when Colin cried as Gary passed.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh, I have been sobbing through the whole thing. I was ugly crying when they got to the part where they show Maggie the video. By the time Maggie, Gary and Colin were on the bed together...I had snot coming out of my nose. I couldn't breath.

When Maggie was at Gary's grave with Daisy....I'm like, thanks for reminding me about Colin...more crying.

I thank the writers for the last part. I really needed to be able to breathe at this point. I thought I was gaining my composure again. But when Javi was at the baseball game and the guy picked up something Javi dropped and they have Gary's voice saying...when someone smiles at you it's a good chance it's me....that's when I LOST it.

I was at a the Packing House (upscale food mall) a week ago. As I was walking by an elderly lady with her 2 daughters sitting at a table eating. I don't know why, but as I glanced at the mother I looked at her and she looked at me and smiled. And I can't tell you....it was like everything around me faded into the background and all I could see was my mom's smile. I stopped and stared. My husband was looking at me. The ladies daughters were looking at me. I then felt silly. I told them that I was sorry I was staring...but their mom looked like my mom that passed recently. The weird thing, was when I looked again. The women didn't really resemble my mom...maybe her eyes a bit. At the time, I couldn't tell you why, in a crowd of people...why this lady's smile seemed to be directed at me, and I saw my mother's face.

So when we got to that part of the show...I can't even tell you how hard I was baling my head off. It's going to take a couple of days before my eyes de-puff and lose the red rings around them. My nose is still stuffy. I always have a bad cry face. Damn writers.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 2:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Damn it. Why did they have to play a cover of "For Good". That was supposed to just be associated with one of my close friends (who said long ago that she always thinks of me when hearing that song)...now it will be associated with this episode/scenes too which I do not want!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I waited to watch today. Well done and gut wrenching but with jealousy for the whole support system that Gary had helped to build.

Details. So Gary died at age 39.

Obviously Colin, whose acting turn at Gary's moment of passing was on point, obviously had passed and Maggie adopted Daisy, another large doh.

We see Rome wearing a t-shirt that is for Sophie (Sophie Dixon 2037) who obviously made it in music. Sophie is pregnant. She and Tyrell are excited and the baby is a boy. Kathryn and Greta have a daughter. Theo is a man, wearing suit and tie.. Guessing he followed Kathryn into law..

And we hear that Maggie has met a dad at Javi's school, as she tells Gary at his grave.

Javi is 16. We see Gary's last video for him.

Javi goes to the hockey game at Boston Garden for the 2037-2038 season with Tyrell, Theo and Danny.

Jack is bilingual and Maggie understands his Spanish.

Just some details, because I notice those things..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I loved Rome being able to go to his dad for comfort.

And Theo using what Eddie had taught him, to give his dad advice.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Legal, hopefully you can reclaim that song...

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I rarely cry while watching a tv show, but I spent a whole hour doing just that.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: