TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 27, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 27, 2018 users admin

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I came to the same conclusion for the same reason, Koolie. Add to that, the part of the conversation where Toby's mom said Kate was too needy. I think we're about to see Kate's strength as she is the rock for Toby.
I thought Deja may have taken Toby's mom's words literally to mean that Randall really was her father. Then she'd assume that he abandoned her all those years ago, only to now come back into her life out of guilt, obligation, etc. The anger over this is what drove her to act out.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Such a sweet show. Will miss it while it's on hiatus.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was a bit nonplussed by the season finale although I liked the little glimpses/teasers of episodes to come.

Toby's depression has been mentioned in the past by Toby himself.

I'm starting to become weary of Kate's baggage. Hopefully from what was said in this last episode she has a better handle on Jack's death going forward. I thought her dreams of 40th anniversary for Jack and Rebecca were odd.

Poor Miguel, he might as well of worn brown and hid in the trees.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh.. Deja..

I wrote this as a blog comment (not my blog) right after watching..

quote:

I t seems that after leaving that night, there was a court proceedings where her mom relinquished custody and for Deja it must feel like her mom gave up on her.I

On the other hand, she was finally in a safe place, but unable to hold out for that Happily Ever After with Mom.

But It was safe enough that it allowed her to lash out at all the hurts in her life..

Mame that is my theory.. With her mom Deja was the steady in control one, while her mom stayed immature as a teen mom taken care of by her mom.

Deja had to be competent, in control.

With Randall, Beth and the girls she was competent, in control because she remembered the other girl in foster care, to hold onto that her at all costs.

And she started feeling comfortable, But she was still locked into waiting for her mom to come get her.

She wanted to trust her and really could not, but it was her mom, and she wanted to know that her mom was always at least trying to get her back..
And being relinquished was the loss of lifelong hope.

Back with Randall and Beth, she knew she was safe and it allowed years of hurt and anger to burst out.

It also allowed Deja to be a selfish child, something never allowed before..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this was my least fav ep ever. I continue to dislike Kate. Why couldnt she pack the super sentimental t-shirt??? oh I know why..so she could blame someone else when it's not there.

Deja, I feel like they shoved her down our throats last week and now this. so irritated with her storyline.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea that's an interesting Theory for sure. I just think it was out of character because she was just such a good kid. Troubled scared but good. I'm sorry this kind of serious vandalism, to me, this is just way way way way way too out of character for the character. But again the writers will prove me wrong next season I'm sure. LOL. In other words I still think she's a good kid, but those writers have a lot of 'splainin' to do next season!!!

When Kate took off, I honestly thought she'd gone to get the damn shirt herself, and then we be on pins and needles if she'd make it back in time for the wedding. Lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But Pamy, she did have Jack's screwdriver in her bouquet! 😏

I was a bit irritated with the Jack obsession, but very happy she scattered Jack's ashes to make room for Toby. And that it was her advice to Kevin, which he took and was able to give back to her, and she took it!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I this Deja is a good kid, but damaged and acting out..

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
See we definitely agree on that.

Except that I believe she took it too far by bashing the windshield. Instead I could see her sitting in the car sulking after breaking into it maybe or stealing the keys. I find it ironic that she was rescued by them from living/sleeping in a car and then she goes and wrecks theirs... Symbolism much?!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Big house, fancy car...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just think it was out of character because she was just such a good kid.

Just so you know, I see this all the time in the kids I work with. They try to be perfect, as if that will make life okay (safe). And then when they are in a safe place, they totally lose it. It's not unusual at all. They have a lot of anger that they have had to suppress for many years.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I defer to your experience and knowledge, Kar. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 3:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, fostering is not for the faint of heart..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sea, only because the brothers searched out items for her. but I agree with you on the advice part :-)

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Finally saw the season finale last night and loved it.

I am a bit tired of Kate being down on herself. Although I understand the tension between her and her mother, I think it's time to fully resolve that. Hopefully, next season we will see Kate being a stronger, happier, and more secure person.

I can also understand Deja exploding. She has had such a difficult life and now that she knows that it could have been so much better, it seems that everything has come to the surface. This kind of lifelong pain can sometimes come out in a very dramatic way. I just hope that the family keeps her and helps her grow into the stronger, happier, and more secure person she can be (lol just like my wishes for Kate).

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This Is Us season 3 returns Tuesday, September 25, 8:00 Central.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I just finished bingeing all of season 2 yesterday (took me 3 days). LOVE this show, but wish it weren't returning when things are crazy busy at school (Homecoming, new classes, etc.).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/this-is-us-season-3-what-to-expect-after-jacks-death/ar-BBLSWAX?ocid=spartandhp

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 2:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The storylines for this season. This series could go on forever!!! No wonder it was guaranteed for three season after only a few episodes of the first season.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I finally watched the final 3 episodes that have been on my DVR since March. I had to watch the final 2 minutes twice; did not know that Kevin had a new lady ! Still not liking the story line with the foster child.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 26, 2018 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There is a 7 minute preview that recorded and one thing we will find out this season is who is the female that Randall's adult daughter needs to forgive.. Her mom? Deja??

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, August 26, 2018 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Sea....at first I was not sure who Tess was.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 27, 2018 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, back when that episode ran, it took a minute.

At the beginning of the scene with the kids, I assumed it was present day and the kids were going to go live with Randall and family.

Very cool that Tess was led into that field from the experience of a foster sister.

But think how cool it would have been if DEJA had grown up to do that? I hope there is a good longterm outcome for her.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, August 27, 2018 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I was confused and thought it was Deja, not Tess.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 27, 2018 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just saw a headline on ET.com that said that Lyric Ross (Deja) has been promoted to a series regular this season. I guess we'll be seeing more of her.

https://www.etonline.com/this-is-us-promotes-lyric-ross-to-series-regular-108616