TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 17, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through September 17, 2018 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I may have already recommended but I do like Anne with an E, based loosely on Anne of Green Gabels. It may be too juvenile for some,but I think it's a nice respite from all the dark and complex TV shows and movies of late.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I love Ann with an E too! I can't wait for season 2! The U.K. Netflix just released it! Don't know when we in Canada will have it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just watched that Australian comedian Jim Jefferie's new comedy special "Jim Jefferies: This Is Me Now".

OMG is he filthy!....LOL
He also did a lot of anti-Trump stuff. We liked it, but you can't be easily offended to watch it.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, July 16, 2018 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am watching The Good Girls, a very funny show about 3 women who are having money troubles so they rob a supermarket which leads to more problems. Christina Hendricks is in it, and I found it quite watchable!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Naja, if you liked Jim Jefferie, then you would like Hannah Gadsby’s "Nanette".

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying The Czars Of Russia with Lucy Worsley.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
OMG binged this weekend on The Last Post on Amazon...only 1 terribly exciting season. Was great. Now am watching Secret City...had to force myself to go to bed last night and can't wait to watch tonight...

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I like Wentworth. OITNB from Australia.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The new netflix sci-fi movie "Extinction" was pretty good. It's and alien invasion movie with an excellent twist.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am trying to pace myself watching Orange Is New Black. Its quite interesting to see whats become of all the women after the riot. I just love watching Frieda--the things she comes out with and that voice of hers!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am up to ep 7 is better than last season so far

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So glad to hear this season is better than last years. I hope to start watching soon.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Naja, on your recommendation I watched Extinction yesterday. The twist caught me off guard. I wish they had left out a lot of the action stuff and dealt more with the characters. It was so dark you couldn't even see what was going on most of the time.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I would recommend BOMBSHELL the true story of Hedy Lamarr.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Bombshell does sound good. I had no idea that Lamarr was an inventor.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
We are using her inventions to this day in our electronics.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Found a new series Instaible which is funny and dark and strange but entertaining. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6487482/

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Drop everything and treat yourself immediately to The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - this is one of the best movies ever offered on Netflix. It was released in theatres in Europe but not in the USA.

It's a marvelous World War II era story of romance and loss and camaraderie - oh, so many other things too. It features four prominent members of the "Downton Abbey" cast, so be prepared to enjoy (again) Lily James, Penelope Wilton, Jessica Brown-Findlay and Matthew Goode. And if that isn't enough, there's also the male lead (and heart-stoppingly handsome) Michiel Huisman.

Again, drop everything and see it immediately!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Sounds right up my alley. Thanks, Ricky!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Bingeing on Jessica Jones and LOVING it!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 13, 2018 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Good to hear Uncle Ricky! I loved the book so I will definitely catch that one.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
so since the Guernsey Literary etc etc. is my all time favorite book I was so glad you mentioned the newflix show. I sat for 2 1/2 hours without moving a muscle. During most of it I had tears rolling down my face. Oh sure there were heartbreaking moments but it was so beautiful that it made me cry.... oddly for me I will watch it again.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Just watched it and it was all you said it was.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just binge Atypical and Sisters. Both were really good.

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
Binged watch new season of Iron Fist, Britannia and Innocents over the weekend all very enjoyable. But I was bed ridden with a horrible cold so I could've been delusional LOL