TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 14, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Sinner on USA: Archive through September 14, 2018 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I can't see it listed on the regular American channels (eastern time), is it on Netflix? Here in Canada will be picked by Showcase (I guess).

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Naja, it's already begun here in the US?
That's a bummer for me, maybe I'll find a late night re-run.

The Sinner Season 1 is on Netflix, but not the new season.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the 1st ep. I just hope they dont drag it out like last year. Im hopeful since this season isnt based on a book so they will have more leeway on what they can do

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Spunky, it's on USA channel on Wednesday nights in the US. Ep 2 is August 8.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I still can't see it, I have the major network channels, CBS, Fox, ABC, NBC, both eastern times and mountain times, I can't see it listed on Wednesday nights, 6 pm, 7pm 8pm, can't see it. Oh well, we'll have to wait for August 21.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's not on those channels. It's on USA channel. The name of the channel is USA.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh that's why, I don't have that one. How strange that the series didn't get picked by the bigger regular network channels. Good thing we have a Canadian channel that knows where are the good American series to air here as well.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 24, 2018 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I liked the first episode of the second season, there is that same spooky mystery and not so easily explained, exactly what it takes to get us hooked to the show. Looking forward to the second ep on Monday.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I loved the first season and the second one is off to a promising start. I really like the detective character. Solid supporting cast as well.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It made me laugh when the creepy cult leader woman told the detective "You seem like the kind of guy that likes to be in control".

Remember last season he would pay that woman to tie him up, hit and degrade him? Seems like he likes just the opposite. LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 27, 2018 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We're really enjoying this show. Every episode leaves us wanting more.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 27, 2018 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Naja, I laughed at that also, esp the look he gave her

I like this season better than last season

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I totally agree that this season is much better than season one. That child actor is excellent - to me he's an adult trapped in a child's body, i.e., he's mature way beyond his years. Carrie Coon -- as she was on "The Leftovers" and "Fargo" -- is magnificent as the cult leader. Bill Pullman is also much better; that subplot last season with that dominatrix waitress was such a time-waster. I'm glad they got rid of that aspect of his character.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I watched it last night but got little information out of it. Just that the couple and the boy were not planning on returning. And somethng was going on with one of the cops whose friend and her sneaked into the encampment when she was younger. I am guessing that friend is still there? And what is The Work they speak of so fervently? Something to do with that big sculpture?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
For sure they'll keep us hanging for a while, even though for now everything seems to point at 'brainwashing' we'll find out at show end that this suspect was totally misleading also too obvious, for sure it is something quite sinister and I wonder why the female cop does not tell the detective of her experience in that community, where apparently her girl friend must have gone missing. For now the only thing that makes sense is that the couple were escaping and took the child with them since they must have been on friendly terms, they almost seemed his parents (or maybe they really were his parents).
So many suspicions but I'm sure the ending will be quite surprising this time too.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wonder if the couple that took him were trying to save him, they were rescuing him from that place.

the place reminds me of how I picture those scientology camps that you hear stories about

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I feel bad for that couple who were trying to get away and then the boy brews them poison tea! I like the detective who was on the first season of this show, he seems to have a lot on his mind and goes out of his way to find the truth.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
But we don't really know why the boy poisoned the couple yet.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So was the boy supposed to be like the calf, relief?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's the feeling I got, Sadiesmom. Pretty creepy stuff. And it was "release," not relief. Pretty sick, too.

I love this show but they dole out the info so slowly and in such small doses every week. I also have trouble remembering who the minor characters are when they bring them back in a couple of weeks later. Who was that guy whose house the detective broke into? I remember seeing him, but can't remember how he ties in.

I felt bad when the detective's friend turned on him and basically kicked him out of his house. Ouch.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think Heather's dad killed Marin and he is involved with Oakwood or whatever it's called. I think the sheriff is in on it too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 01, 2018 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree, Pamy. I'm starting to be suspicious of everyone, including those two!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 14, 2018 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Looks like some of you are ahead of me, I saw 3 episodes so far since it started later here and some of your hints help me while watching and I keep saying... 'that's right, I think so too'. I think there is too much repetition about the fire that happened when the detective was a child because at each time we don't really learn more about it. It's frustrating. Get a move on, give us a bit more on each episode, they need to make us more curious and not bored with repetitive scenes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 14, 2018 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, now we know the kid is an actual psycho killer.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 14, 2018 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
add to above^^^ Or rather that's at least what they want us to think.