TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 18, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Talk (CBS): Archive through September 18, 2018 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My biggest problem with the The Talk, beyond Osborne, is how quickly they discuss gossip and news items that I find petty while ignoring more serious topics in the news. I feel like they got slammed in the face with reality this week.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The Talk is entertainment, not journalism. It's tabloid.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, when Sharon used the phrase "little people" she was quoting someone else (lol don't remember who) who said they didn't support the little people...so she was kind of mocking what they said. At least that is how I heard it.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I think Sharon was quoting Les when she mentionedt the little people.
I thought all 4 of the women handled talking about the situation with class and dignity. They all were supportive of Julie; sympathetic to the victims; and put the blame on Les.
I enjoy The Talk and hope it continues, but if not I wish they would bring back As The World Turns! Have missed it since the day it went off the air.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
aaahhh Les... who can forget when the $700 million CEO didn't tip the valet because he only had $100 bills?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
What??!! Wow!! What a tightwad!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... that happened a couple of years ago. Les didn't get the memo that when you are worth $700 million and all you have on you are $100 bills, you tip the valet a $100 bill.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I enjoy The Talk and hope it continues, but if not I wish they would bring back As The World Turns! Have missed it since the day it went off the air.

Oh, Snoops, if only that were possible! I loved ATWT passionately (as well as GL, AW and EON - all the P&G soaps, essentially). But only ATWT had Elizabeth Hubbard and Colleen Zenk in the cast -- they were utterly delicious in every scene they played as Lucinda Walsh and Barbara Ryan. I miss them terribly.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Here they are again

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
What a great photo, Color!
Uncle_Ricky, Elizabeth Hubbard is such a great actress! Also loved Larry Bryggman as John Dixon.
I stopped watching most soaps over the years, but stuck with ATWT until the bitter end.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It does seem like the ladies are much more relaxed with Julie gone. I have heard she sort of "ruled with an iron fist" on the show so it is interesting to see how less tense they appear.

I noticed it when Julie went on vacation as well. And now it makes me wonder about Aisha leaving.

And who are those people in the photo?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Wouldn't surprise me if Aisha left because of Julie.

Dipo, there was a little talk of As the World Turns. That's the cast from maybe late '50s? Looong time ago. Photo was offered by Cheer laundry detergent.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Colordeagua, I couldn't figure that one out.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, September 14, 2018 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I agree the ladies are more relaxed without Julie there. I wish they would give Sheryl the main seat/microphone more often. I know she is there as the "comic" but she also has some great insights.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 14, 2018 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Colleen Zenk always reminded me of Natalie Wood. I used to watch ATWT with my mom.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Any idea If Julie will be back tomorrow?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
One week later??? I’ve got it set to record today. Sent from my iPad6.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
No Julie today. Don’t think there’ll be any talk about her either.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
So happy I recorded it. Long segment with nine cast members from L.A. Law. Reboot? Some (all?) of the cast could be interested.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Joanie Lum FOX 32 @JoanieLum
Julie Chen to leave “The Talk,” in wake of husband Les Moonves’ exit from CBS, according to @pagesix.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Wow!!
Also I found it EXTREMELY interesting that they did not mention the whole Kavanaugh thing at all. (Though I was multitasking so maybe they did? But I don’t think so)

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Why do we think she is leaving?? Her choice?? She just doesn’t want to hear crap about her hubby?? Or need to defend hers or for sticking with him??

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Michael Ausiello Verified account @MichaelAusiello
1m1 minute ago
More
Julie Chen Officially Exits #The Talk https://tvline.com/2018/09/17/julie-chen-quits-the-talk-les-moonves-scandal/ … via @TVLine

The article says this.... Chen’s decision to sign off of last Thursday’s Big Brother with a not-so-subtle declaration of support for her disgraced husband made it next to impossible for her to resume her day job, though she is expected to stay on as host of the hit reality series.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
That seems very subservient to me...

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
It's almost the end of the show and they finally showed the (2 minute) clip of Julie. No mention about why (other than her need to spend more time at home). It was sweet but lame in my opinion. Also lame of the Talk to use it as a carrot for the whole show.