TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Shameless!: Archive through September 05, 2016 users admin

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
This is usually a must see for me. Well I was disappointed. Hope it picks up soon. Do not want to say what was not doing it for me, will wait untill there is some discussion going on here. Don't want to give anything away

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Between murder, laser robots, and rectal drug smuggling, it was a bit overboard.

Donsgirl, you don't have to hold back the conversation once it has aired, especially if it's already the next day.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The first few seconds was very funny.One word.........finger.
The story was all over the place but I am not giving up. I still say this is the family you want to watch from afar but you don't want them living next door or across the street.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yeah, all over the place is a better description. But it's still one of the best shows out there.

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
I still love this show BUT the killing, the cutting up of the body, the child left alone for so long of a time and he was still sitting on the couch. Family comes home and no one cared child was alone!!!!. The cutting up and disposal of the body was like a scene from Dexter. This is not Dexter it is Shameless, leave other shows out of it. Frank is always missing so why did Deb care this time? Ok I am done for now.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I turned to it while in progress, unfortunately right at the time of the killing/cutting scenes. Because of those scenes, which made me sick to my stomach, I may not watch the rest on demand. It was a real turn-off, so I'm very interested in Donsgirl's comments above. I also felt like it went to a place it doesn't normally go.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The entire Jimmy/Estefania part of the show is the only dull story arc of the whole thing to me. The rest is so good I can tolerate one part that isn't.

And Deb is the only kid that has always loved her parents, and her Grandmother, no matter what they did. Remember how badly she wanted her mom to stay? This was the first time Frank had disappeared for this amount of time in Deb's life. That's why she was so upset. He was only missing for a few days at a time as far as Deb's memory goes. This time it was well over 100 days. The time he was missing for a year was when Fiona was younger and Deb was too little to remember, or wasn't even born yet. So, no, Deb hasn't been through it before.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Ugh! Giving valium to a baby??!! The anal sex scenes. I may be done with this show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did you guys not see season 1&2? Except for the murder, there's nothing more racy about this show than last season. It's not supposed to be realistic.... it's supposed to be ridiculous.

And come to think of it, there was a murder last season, too, except it wasn't bloody. Plus, go back and watch the murder and cut up scene again. It's mostly left to your imagination.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Problem is, I have too vivid an imagination. Their "pantomime" if you will left me all too clearly filling in the blanks. I haven't watched this week's episode because of it. (Actually, I tuned in and wouldn't you know, they were replaying those exact scenes to fill you in on last week...I tuned out immediately!)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Bill Macy plays the character of Frank Gallagher so well.
The Gallagher's may be a screwed up family, but they manage to stick together.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Bill Macy played the husband on Maude, among many other roles. I believe he is still alive so he still owns that name.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
My bad..... William Macy on Shameless is not the same person from Maude.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 1:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I are laughing hysterically at Frank the babysitter. Leave it to Frank to find a way to fake a vaccination....LOL

I had to look up why a baby would wear a helmet 24/7, and I found it's to correct a mis-shapened head.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
This stuff with the body and the toe was quite distasteful.That Debbie is quite resourceful.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't think there has been a funnier moment on this show than tonight when we found out Frank's kidney was stolen instead of him getting a liver transplant....LMAO!

I love this show!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Did you see the last few seconds ! You never know who will return to a show and that was a nice way to keep one one interested in the next season. There were several story lines that were wrapped up nicely. On to Nurse Jackie.....

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I was expecting that to happen....

that is the "resurrection" of Jimmy/Steve/Jack.
I kept looking for it the last half hour: when someone knocked at the door, when Fiona went to the AA (or NA) meeting, at a couple other points. So I wasn't really surprised; it seemed highly logical. They had never really wrapped up that storyline, either by us seeing an actual death or even Fiona finding out he was dead, so I figured he was coming back.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sometime back, I think last summer, I read the transcript to a panel discussion the cast and crew did, and it is just a happy accident that things were left where Steve could come back. They really were intending on killing Steve, and showing it, but the lease to the dock ran out before they could actually film everything they wanted, and the scene ended up being more ambiguous than they originally planned it. So it really was an accident that it was left in a way that Steve could come back.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Accident or not, I am delighted!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As long as his wife doesn't come back I'm fine with it. I just couldn't take much more of that "Married to the Latin Mafia" storyline.

Did anybody think when Frank was being wheeled up to the frozen Lake Michigan, that he was going to take a symbolic last swig and throw the bottle off the ledge into the lake? Don't laugh, but I thought he might....LOL
But when he started laughing and yelling at God, and chugging down the booze, I realized how ridiculous my original thought was in the first place....LOL

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
This truly dysfunctional family in Chicago returns on Sunday, 1/17/16. Looking forward to seeing if Jimmy/Steve/Jack is truly among the living. As to Sheila did she truly say "hasta la vista babeee " ?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
This is coming to Netflix:

Shameless seasons 5 & 6 is September 1 USA Version

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, September 02, 2016 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I watched the first 4 seasons on Netflix and then had to go on Amazon to watch 5 and 6! This is by far, one of my all time favorite series! I love it! Fabulous acting by all and story lines (crazy as they are)that never get dull.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Smokey I totally agree it is a great show! I actually own most of them then decided when Netflix was getting the seasons I would just wait.