TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 09, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 09, 2018 users admin

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Oh ok, thanks Vsmart!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I binged 4 seasons in less than 2 wks! This is my new fav show. it is such a charming show, I love all the characters

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
It only took 4.5 seasons for that sex scene to occur. About time!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wait, we are in season 5 so even longer than that LOL!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I meant that we did not finish season 5.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhh, that makes sense. :-)

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Ha! Nelle is going to go down easy is she

And what a seriously “lame” girly fight Nell and Jos had! Hahaha

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Does anybody watch 'Sharp Objects'? I dont have cable but on line I can get a few random stations that play different things, On Sundays one online
station plays HBO shows, so I often indulge.

for the last few Sundays they have been playing Sharp Objects, I kind of got into it but really dont know much about it. For all I know I started watching it in the middle, the end or who knows.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I just started recording it, and got the first few episodes On Demand...I believe it's 8 episodes total. I haven't watched yet.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s by the same author who wrote Gone Girl which I thought was great (both the book and the movie). So far this one seems interesting and a bit gritty. I’m about to start reading the book as well.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ep 5 just aired last night. I really like this show.

I don't know who killed those girls, but I am starting to suspect Adora's husband, Henry. Camille's stepfather. He's a little odd and they seem to be trying too hard to make him seem like a harmless unimportant character.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Thanks all, I am liking it. Jimmer' yep, it is a bit gritty...lol

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Naja, so are all the deaths just flashbacks so far, Did the show ever 'in the beginning' show what happened..

so I think I have only missed the first 2, so hopefully I will catch up.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Camille came to town because she worked in the city as a reporter, and her boss sent her home to cover the murder of 2 girls in her home town. She didn't want to. And While Camille was in in her home town, another girl has been murdered.

Camille has flashbacks herself and of her sister that died when she was a young.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Thank you so much, that helps

just curious in last nights show, she is in a dressing room ? and she is covered with scars. Is that her mind flashing back to something happened to her as well, or is she seeing things that happened to the other girls in her head.

does that make sense ??? lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The dressing room is not a flashback. Her mom took her shopping for an outfit for Calhoun Day. Camille has her own mental problems from such a horrible childhood with a crazy mother. Until recently, Camille used to cut herself. She even spent time a psychiatric hospital where her roommate killed herself. Camille is also an alcoholic. All those scars are real.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, August 06, 2018 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Oh wow, Thanks so much Naja...

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Designing Women Reboot In the Works

I have mixed feelings, I miss the strong women that were on TV from the 80's 90's but I don't feel like I need old shows. i.e. I miss julia sugarbaker, but don't need designing women. I miss maude, but don't need a new Maude.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I really like the show, Sharper Objects. Much better than last year. I just finally figured out what Adora was doing. I really was slow on the uptake there. I think (really pretty sure)that Camille was raped when she was a teenager.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Oh and Camille has those scars all over her body.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, September 03, 2018 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Strange season finale on Younger. Will Zane take the job that Liza turned down? Liza could write a book about ageism that caused her to pose younger in the workplace. Charles is a better fit for her and her daughter could end up with Nick.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, September 03, 2018 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I agree Sadiesmom. I miss original TV programming. I guess Hollywood writers ran out of ideas, talent, and/or just got lazy, so they decided to reboot, reboot, reboot instead of create.

That's okay I guess. I watch too much TV that winds up being the same formula so one show is too much like so many others. I've mostly just been ignoring the reboots. I didn't bother to check out the rebooted Lethal Weapon, Dallas, Dynasty, some of those old sitcoms (Full House?), Hawaii 5-0 (watched a few eps and decided I was "over it" when the plots started being about terrorists/bombs), and Magyver. I did watch Roseanne and liked it okay....and I'll definitely watch Murphy Brown!

I don't plan on seeing Charmed, Sabrina the Witch and several others I've heard about but can't even remember at the moment.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 03, 2018 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Magnum PI reboot starts in a couple week. That's another I'll be skipping.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, September 03, 2018 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Plus I doubt that the new writers would have the courage to take positions on abortion any more, it seems like there was more acceptance of liberal ideas before they were tainted through phrasing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OH my goodness, I watched You yesterday not knowing what it wa going to be about, Shocked I am seriously shocked, never expected it to be that bad, even though I was pretty uncomfortable right from the start with the apartment break in. Makes me wonder how far it will go.