TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 10, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Talk (CBS): Archive through September 10, 2018 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I love Julie and feel so sorry for her and the situation.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Hearing reports today regarding the timing of these accusations and the CBS/Viacom merger.
Even if The Talk is live this week since it is a CBS show and there are potential lawsuits at hand the panel probably won't be able to discuss anything.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
What's going on with The Talk and with Julie? I haven't been able to watch TV for the last week.

EDIT: Ohhhh.... I just googled "Julie Chen" and saw there are sexual misconduct/harassment accusations against her husband.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 2:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Julie and Sharon have made it hard for CBS (and Julie for herself) with their "holier than thou" attitudes.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Color, it is so funny that people can see the same things and come to completely different opinions. I see Sharon and Julie as very self-deprecating and extremely empathetic.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Talk is live today. Sharon is not there, Julie is. She opened by saying she knows people are aware of what is going on in her life. Said she made her one and only statement over the weekend on twitter, and she stands by that today, tomorrow and forever.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Just noticed Sarah is not there today either. They have Bo Derek and Ellen K as guest hosts.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am watching the show. Good for Julie!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, September 07, 2018 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It's after Labor Day -- The Talk hasn't started new programs? Moonves is negotiating a $100 million exit package from CBS. Hmmmmm. Julie?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 07, 2018 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They are back on Monday. I checked the ticket site and they are sold out next week.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News Verified account @NBCNews
4m4 minutes ago
More
In its announcement of Moonves' departure, CBS said he will not receive any severance payments at this time, pending an independent investigation. Full story: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/six-more-women-accuse-cbs-ceo-leslie-moonves-sexual-misconduct-n907926

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
EvelDick Verified account @EvelDick
7m7 minutes ago
More
Good thing this didn't go down on Thursday. Julie would have been rattled.
The Talk tomorrow should be interesting, I actually might watch

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have The Talk set to record tomorrow. I don't normally watch it. NOT a Julie Chen fan. (I quit BB many seasons ago.)

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Is the Talk done with reruns then for the summer?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Julie, yes, they start their new season tomorrow. Will Julie Chen be there? What will she have to say?

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Wow, what a wild season opener!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
"Sharon Osbourne, "I care about the little people." Bad word choice.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Debra Birnbaum Verified account @debrabirnbaum
2h2 hours ago
More
Julie Chen will not be on @TheTalkCBS, issuing a statement: “I am taking a few days off from The Talk to be with my family. I will be back soon and will see you Thursday night on Big Brother.” #Moonves

Michael Ausiello Verified account @MichaelAusiello
2h2 hours ago
More
Breaking: Julie Chen Temporarily Out at #TheTalk in the Wake of Husband Les Moonves' Firing

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
"Sharon Osbourne, "I care about the little people." Bad word choice.

I agree. That made me cringe. Ouch.

I've never watched this show before, but I recorded it today because I was curious how they would handle a situation so close to home. I thought Sharon was very eloquent (except for the "little people" remark). I feel for Julie Chen. I wonder if she knew about this side of her husband when she married him. She has to have heard rumblings over the years, but probably never believed any of it. It will be interesting to see if she stays with him.

What an amazing time we live in that these things are no longer being swept under the rug. Women have put up with this crap for millennium. I hope this is a permanent cultural change.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, are you aware that Julie started with Les while he was still married? She has been referred to as a homewrecker and is implied to have slept her way to the top. (Not sure any of that has been proven, but has been rumored for years.)

I feel sorry for the family, but not really for Les or Julie, just for their son. I think that Julie and Les are very aware of the "power" they have and used.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Bjm, I watched The Talk in its earlier days. Very occasionally since depending on the guest or what's going on. When all this started with Cosby, Weinstein, Lauer, Rose, etc., etc. -- Julie and Sharon both had "holier than thou" attitude. I don't feel for Julie or Sharon. Am not a fan.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It would be great, if, Julie leaves that Aisha Tyler could come back and be the "head" of the show. I miss her a lot.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
When it was Charlie Rose or any other “predator” they were “he was a jerk—end of story.” I don’t feel like they’re being harsh enough with him. And if it’s true that he was married to somebody else when Julie came on the scene, that makes it all the worse...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think it was appropriate that Julie not appear on today's show. This was obviously going to be a hot topic - if they avoided it there would be hell to pay. If Julie had been there they would not have been able to talk as openly about it. I'm sure it was mutually agreed upon that she would take some time off from the show so that it could run its news cycle.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not a big Julie fan for other reasons. However, guilt by association is a troublesome unfortunate thing. It's sad when family or friends have to pay for someone else's sins.