TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 03, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through September 03, 2018 users admin

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, June 04, 2018 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I'm watching the premier of Diet Land, it's pretty interesting so far. Anyone watch it?

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, June 04, 2018 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I have watched the first hour of Dietland. It held my attention for sure!

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
Mack, I agree with you about Reverie. And it's about time Sarah Shahi got her own show. I have high hopes for this show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mizinvanccouver & Chieko, I started a thread for Dietland. I enjoyed it. We'll see where it goes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 2 of "Goliath" on Amazon comes out June 15.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just watched the premiere of "Yellowstone" on Paramount channel and it was great!

It's about modern day cattle rancher, and all the fights with the Native Americans and the government over the land. It stars Kevin Costner.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
How weird is this?

Showtime has a new comedy starting on July 15th, but they won't tell us anything about it! Not even the name! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9NpDD0P33c

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ok, here is the rumor going around about the above show.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
"it is widely rumored to be a new series from Sacha Baron Cohen, possibly similar to his HBO hit Da Ali G Show. (Cohen himself recently suggested that he's up to something involving Trump University, while he was also reported to have interviewed O.J. Simpson earlier this year."

That info is from the premiere page at:
http://www.metacritic.com/feature/tv-premiere-dates

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I think that rumor is spot on, Naja. I saw something on twitter recently where Sacha implied something was coming regarding him and Trump.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm a fan of most things Sacha, but not Ali G. So I hope it's not something like that.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Same here. I don't like that style of interviewing at all, even on shows I love like The Daily Show. In many cases I don't think there's any way for the interviewee to look good, and it all seems rather unfair.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
But Jon Stewart and Sacha Baron Coen are comedians, right?

I know members of the GOP have been razzed in the past by Jon Stewart himself for referring to his show as "news" and saying <whatever> wasn't true.

I never thought of those shows as needing to "fair"...they only need to be funny. And The Daily Show IS funny! Never did get into the Ali G thing though....I couldn't even make it all the way through "Borat".

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, July 08, 2018 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Comedy yes, but I like it to be kind otherwise I just feel bad for the person interviewed. I'm never quite sure how much of the Daily Show interviews are post edited, but the Ali G interviews quite often had Ali G acting like he was completely uninformed and gangster(??? not quite sure what you'd call it) and then we were meant to laugh at the person who was being interviewed for how they did or did not deal with it. The only way to stop yourself being ridiculed would have been to not do the interview, but most of those interviewed thought it was just some strange kid doing his own little thing and they tried to be polite while being completely outside their comfort zone and not really knowing what was going on, not understanding his "street" words. So they repeated some stupid words or agreed with something they didn't understand to not seem rude, and then they were mocked by 17 year olds for a week. It just seemed cruel and not funny at all.

The Daily Show does the same sometimes (actually it was more Colbert when he was in character) but at least the people interviewed know from the outset what the show is. With Ali G most of the interviews were done before the show first aired.

Borat was awful. Sacha Baron Cohen has done some really smart stuff. But not Borat.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 09, 2018 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There's a new teaser trailer for the show on this page and Sacha has Dick Cheney sign a waterboarding kit. OMG lol

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sacha-baron-cohen-dick-cheney-teaser_us_5b428e62e4b07b827cc1e747

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 09, 2018 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK, this is a vague memory, so take it as that, I c an not prove this, but I thought I saw the unedited interview of someone on the daily show and he knew they were the daily show, and he still acted the ass. the edit just put the star in the place of someone asking the same questions.
it was years ago and for one interview, I wish I had documentation but it was as question on some forum that ne of the producers went on. and I have read a lot of different forums over hte years, have no idea where this was.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 09, 2018 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Stephen Colbert told us would say to his interviewees beforehand "You know how this goes. You be you, and I act like an idiot". (or something close to that. He may have said a-hole)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 09, 2018 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The name of Sacha's new show finally showed up in the listings.
"Who is America?" July 15, Showtime.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What did you think about it?

The couple who were polite while he talked about being cuckolded by a dolphin were an example of what I was talking about before. There is no correct way to to talk to someone like that except to be polite, which is what they did. Maybe I miss the point but I don't really know what he was trying to do there.

And the artist woman was just a believer in letting people do art their own way, nothing wrong with that. Or maybe that was his point there, that there are open people in the US too?? I don't know.

The part with the GOP and the guns for toddlers park was better, he allowed them to reveal things they wouldn't normally say outside of their group. It didn't surprise me in the least (my expectations of them is very low), but it has got some reaction online.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, July 16, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I laughed my head off from start to finish. Sacha Baron Cohen is nothing less than a genius. I constantly marvel at how he is able to keep a straight face while uttering all of his outrageous comments.

Here's an interview in today's Washington Post where the art gallery woman talks about her encounter with the "ex-con artist":

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/07/16/sacha-baron-cohens-art-gallery-victim-has-few-things-say-man-who-trolled-her/?utm_term=.2e53855a406f

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I especially got a kick out of how Bernie Sanders wasn't afraid to tell the guy that he didn't know what the hell he was talking about. hahaha

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There's a new Stephen King series on HULU called "Castle Rock". It's so good! (and creepy)

Here is some description from WIMDB:

A psychological-horror series set in the Stephen King multiverse, Castle Rock combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King's best-loved works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland. The fictional Maine town of Castle Rock has figured prominently in King's literary career: Cujo, The Dark Half, IT and Needful Things, as well as novella The Body and numerous short stories such as Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption are either set there or contain references to Castle Rock. Castle Rock is an original suspense/thriller - a first-of-its-kind reimagining that explores the themes and worlds uniting the entire King canon, while brushing up against some of his most iconic and beloved stories.

....and it's chock full of Stephen King Easter eggs to look for. 4 eps have been released so far.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 27, 2018 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Shiny printable calendar of Fall Premiere dates (September, October):

Direct link to the pdf: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/tv-schedule-fall-premieres-2018-r7.jpg

If that doesn't work, here's the article: https://tvline.com/2018/07/24/fall-tv-premiere-dates-2018-schedule-calendar-printable/

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, August 27, 2018 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
It worked, Kitt, thank you.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 27, 2018 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Uh oh, Naja, I might have to get Hulu back. I let it lapse cause I wasn't watching it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 03, 2018 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I normally would talk about this in the movie section, but since it's a TV movie, I'll post it here.

Does anybody remember that old scary movie from the 50s called "The Bad Seed? It was about an evil little blond girl named Rhoda.

Well, Rob Lowe produced and is starring in the remake. It airs on Lifetime channel, Sunday, Sept 9. Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRppflart6Q