TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 03, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Sinner on USA: Archive through August 03, 2018 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We were watching the Emmys last night and Jessica Biele was a presenter. Hubby goes, "Oh! The girl from The Sinner!" That's the only place he knows her from.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL before this I refer to her as Justin's wife

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
We got a few more clues with the 5th episode but it's frustrating how slow it's going. Especially the detective, he's not giving us any hint he knows something already, we see that he knows more than the dumb captain lady (I wonder if she knows but she is protecting the real guilty person in that club) the detective seems to get to the right places where he can find the clues but he's not reporting on any thing. He now knows about those masks, Cora must have told him the man wore a mask, must have described the place when she was going down the steps, it's the damn basement of the club. He knows and I keep waiting for him to say something of his discoveries but it's frustrating how slow it's going. 3 more episodes to find out.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am wishing a sloth of hungry bears would come out of the woods and eat them all to put them out of this misery. What a terrible show.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI: Tonight is the FINALE! (Just in case some here didn't realize it was promoted as an "eight-episode limited series" when it debuted).

However, I just found an article that says they are considering a second season....although it could be a different case altogether or possibly an anthology. It's up in the air, but they are considering all their options since the ratings were a lot better than they expected. I just hope they don't "under-the-dome" it and try to continue a story that was meant to be over and just run it into the ground.

Here's that article:

Jessica Biel on ‘The Sinner’s’ Surprise Success and Season 2 Plans

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-sinner-jessica-biel-season-2-possibility-1202563300/

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am really enjoying this show.

I felt the last week's episode tied everything together, so I am wondering what on earth else will be revealed tonight.

So Cora replaced her sister in her memories with another girl, and the guy messing with her sister (and that crushed her chest) was the guy she stabbed, what else is there to figure out? hmm

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I hope they wrap this up and continue with something else in the new season too.

I did go read the book when I read about it upthread. I'm like a little kid that peeks at Christmas presents.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I am glad Cora remembered it all but it wasn't anything truly surprising to me.

Was there anything to the last scene with Ambrose or was that just the end of him walking away getting in the car. Didn't they show his hand?

LOL with this and BB finales I was wiped out!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand the Ambrose hand thing either, so I looked up an interview with the show creator and here's what he said.

The last shot of Ambrose in the car is an exact replication of the first time we see him in the pilot when he’s spying on Sharon. That was the first time we see the nails, when he’s absentmindedly touching the bruises, like the pain is a reminder that it’s something pleasurable and painful at the same time. And at the end, he actually looks at them directly. He actually takes them in and that’s the last moment of the season. There’s this idea that he’s starting to look at himself directly instead of compartmentalizing himself. He’s starting to look at the whole thing. The fingernails are obviously a sign of the sessions with Sharon and he’s playing out some type of trauma scenario with her, which is what happens with sexual abuse especially. The idea is that Ambrose has a long way to go but he is acknowledging it for the first time.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/20/the-sinner-finale-postmortem/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im so pissed i wasted 8 hrs!!! there was no big pay off! this could have been told in 2 hrs! the long stares, the slow ass pace, the making us think there was a reason for Ambrose's sexcapades or his break up with his wife...NONE of that shit mattered ugh

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
if they offered me 5000.00 I wouldnt sit thru another season.....10,000? maybe LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Naja, ty for finding out what the last scene meant. how is someone supposed to know all of that from the scene. ugh I hate this even more now!

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
LOL love your posts, Pamy! I agree this story could have been way shorter.

I read some Facebook comments and people that have read the book said things were left out (I know that always happens) One of them was that supposedly Frankie's parents pay off Cora's parents. That is even more interesting.

And yes,Naja, thanks for posting about the ending!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Starting to see the light... however, I am now impatient and want this to end soon, suspense can only last long enough to make me watch, but now I'm ready for the ending. 2 more episodes for me to watch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Panda, Frankie's parents paying off Cora's parents would have made way more sense as to why they never reported her sister missing. I thought that was pretty odd.

Overall, I did enjoy the show, though it did drag a bit. Could have been shorter.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
One more episode and then I'll have to bury this one. She deserved what she got, honestly, not sorry for her at all. All the others are dead anyway and they deserved what they got too.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 3:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Disclaimer: I only watched the first 3 episodes because this show kept dragging and going no where.

I hoped to read here what a great show it was and I could go back and binge watch. Seems now it was just a bunch of drug induced bs that ended tragically for all. Seems the show was so poorly written that viewers have to either read the book or find articles to explain what is happening on the show.

A show that is reported by many to be "slow" to "drag" yet the writers could not write a story that is understandable.

And most important....they really ticked Pamy off

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LMAO Bo!!! so glad you got out when you did!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
What awful dreck The Sinner was. It had no redeeming qualities at all.
I saw a tabloid indicating Jessica B and her hubby were divorcing, I told my hubby she probably forced him to watch that nonsense and he can claim she was cruel.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LMAO!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree with Naja. In fact, I thought this was a wonderful show. Well thought out plot, three dimensional characters that I cared about and good acting all around. I didn't find it slow at all and I looked forward to every episode.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Jimmer. Hubby and I enjoyed this show very much. I see Jessica Biel in a whole new light now!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, if you enjoyed it (I did too) The Sinner returns August 21 with actor Bill Pullman. Jessica Biel is not mentioned but the second season is starting this month.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Are you in Canada? It started here in US night before last. The premiere was great. Like last season, it starts out with a weird crime, and the show is about finding out "why", instead of "who".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's frustrating that they are airing on different schedules. It makes it hard not to be spoiled.