TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 20, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: Archive through July 20, 2018 users admin

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Well being I couldn’t get into tonight’s finale ( sick of the back and forth with the B&W 🙄

How did Madison die?
I thought I could see it on TD but they didn’t show it. Hmmm

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
She and Strand tried to lure the walkers away from the car that Nick, Alicia and Luci were inexplicably unable to put into drive, but it didn't go well so she lit a flare and pied pipered them away and into the stadium, thinking she could double back and get out. But there were too many walkers at the door when she got back there, so she just lit everything on fire with no escape for herself. The rest picked up Strand and left together.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Right now the main things bugging me are:

Why did they blame Naomi?

Why didn't they blame Charlie, not only did she kill Nick but she was the reason they were outside not inside when the infected came.

But most of all, why didn't the car with Nick and co in just drive off! Or play loud music and try to lead some walkers away. I know they wanted to be together in case they were holed up in the stadium for a long time, but come on, they could find another way instead of just sitting there waiting to be surrounded.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 1:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Why did they blame Naomi? "

I thought it was because she'd taken off in the JIC car that Maddie asked Alicia to fill up with supplies a couple episodes back. Without that JIC car, they didn't have a backup plan for all of them to get out of the stadium at that crucial point.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Kitt, in the end I didn't understand why they were so mad at Naomi, either.

Since we'd first seen that Naomi wasn't dead, I'd been thinking that Alicia assumed she'd betrayed them (like Charlie had), and been working with the Vultures. I guess, that's still what I think, except once we finally heard their story, I can't see how they'd think she'd betrayed them... she was in it with them all the way to the end. So, they were just being unreasonable. I guess after all their loss, Alicia just wasn't thinking clearly.

Watching Madison last night, she reminded me of Rick when they'd first moved into the prison. He, too, was desperate to find a safe place to make a home for his family, and even when they were being threatened by Woodbury, he refused to give it up. I felt sorry for Madison last night.

Does anyone think there's a chance she survived?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think so, I thought it was the JIC car that Madison gave Mel when she sent him off alone before he collapsed (the second time), and the one they were in when they took him back to the stadium and sat there in a working car like idiots while the walkers surrounded them.

I think all the rage at Naomi must have come from when she appeared at the Vulture meeting.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think Naomi appearing with the Vulture was meant to have made Alicia fill in a long backstory (incorrectly) about Naomi being the villain all along.

I don't think Madison survived, or everything they said on Talking Dead (about them being told before the end of last season, her sad goodbyes etc.) would be all lies. If it wasn't for that I would have wondered if she could have come back.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched TD yet....was Madison one of the dead folks/walkers they showed in the "In Memoriam" segment?

For me, they aren't really dead until they appear in that Talking Dead memorial.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Madison was in the In Memoriam.

Something that I said would bug me earlier and did... last night's show was also Nick's last show, but because he died in the NOW earlier in the season he doesn't get any mention. I was more sad to see the last scenes of him than the last scenes of Madison.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I went back and watched the scene that I thought was Alicia explaining what happened, saying or implying that Naomi took the JIC car. When I first saw it last night I thought Naomi had been one of the people who left the stadium when it fell, but I misinterpreted it. I've spent as much time trying to figure out when something happened as I did listening to the words or understanding why it happened.

I've been confused every week this season because of that damned "before" and "now" gimmick. Time after time I'd see something, thinking it is "now" but it turned out to be "before" or vice versa.

That stupid "start with the ending" gimmick is maddening.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Yes, Madison was in the In Memoriam."

So she's "real dead" and not just "Glen-fake-dead". :-) Too bad she didn't get a really cool death scene. Every other major character got one but Maddie just got extra bright camera lights.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It might have been too much to see her burning to death! But she could have chosen to shoot herself or something like that.

I'm going to have to watch the whole season again to try to fully make sense of it. I think I've mostly known what's before and what's now because of the difference in background colour (NOW was practically black and white) but there were some oddities.

For instance when Althea interviewed Madison she seemed to have lost her family. Then after they split up, Madison uses their code click-click thing on the walkie talkies, and finds Nick, Luci, Alicia and Strand happily in a motel. How did they split up? I know it can happen any time, but it seemed pretty major during the interview. I will have to watch the interview again to see what I missed. But that must have been some time before they refound each other after the dam and before/at the time they found the Diamond.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" How did they split up? I know it can happen any time, but it seemed pretty major during the interview."

I thought the motel was the first time they'd been reunited since the dam....because just after the motel reunion, it showed them deciding to use the stadium.

Previously, it seemed that they had been in the stadium for quite awhile...which points out that there was a "before" but also a "before before"! At the beginning of the season we saw a "before" set in the stadium with Nick tending the corn. Last night we saw a "before before" scene of them deciding to inhabit the stadium. Not only was the story mixed up between "before" and "now", they mixed up the chronology of the "before" scenes.

The entire flow of this season was all messed up.

"I think I've mostly known what's before and what's now because of the difference in background colour (NOW was practically black and white) but there were some oddities. "

That was true for a lot of it, but it seemed to me that there was little or no difference in color in the night time scenes. The fall of the stadium was a "before" scene but it was as colorless as any of the "now" scenes. In fact, when Althea was filming Maddie's story, I thought it was "now" (or "almost now") at first...but later I figured it was just after the dam. I did notice that Maddie was bright and colorful on the tape Althea made with a bright light attached to the camera, but the rest of the scene was very "now" looking.

At least we now know that any scene with Maddie or Nick are "before", no matter how saturated the color is. :-)

Oh yeah...I gave up trying to figure out the "mini story" of the stupid title page. I think the new showrunners just think they are a lot more clever than they really are.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
BEFORE timeline started when they'd been at the stadium for a year (they commemorated over the speaker system that they'd been there 365 days). It seems like the interview was just before Day 0 at the stadium as when Madison meets the guys she takes them there and says they should make it work. So yes, that was a BEFORE BEFORE, or about one year before BEFORE.

It wasn't just after the dam though. Some of the backstory from previous episodes said (something like) Madison found Alicia, went looking for Nick, then they found Luciana. Then Madison made peace with Strand (because he gave away everything to the Proctors). I might have got the order wrong with that but she definitely didn't find them all at once.

Yes, you're right with night scenes, they're impossible to tell apart. I appreciate that they tried to do something inventive with the storyline, but it was too difficult to follow and the washed out colour on NOW spoilt it all I thought.

I'm convinced there was no mini story on the title page. This episode it just had them on the same background, all together at a fire with the SWAT truck nearby, like the closing NOW scenes. I think they meant to say "easter egg" (which is just a little tease or reveal) and some in the crew just morphed that into "story" and ran with it, and it made it to Talking Dead even though it wasn't accurate.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Gimple got his hands on this show and ruined it too :-(

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, all the jumping around has made this impossible to follow.

We have yet to see what happened at the dam, and now I don't even care.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am delighted that the Madison character is dead.
Her demise is long overdue IMO. Pity Nick is gone as I thought that character would be the last person standing.
Now I hope it is Victor.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"It wasn't just after the dam though. Some of the backstory from previous episodes said (something like) Madison found Alicia, went looking for Nick, then they found Luciana. Then Madison made peace with Strand (because he gave away everything to the Proctors)."

And I missed all those tidbits.

Hearing that Maddie was separated from her kids happens all the time....even back in "before before BEFORE" scenes a couple of seasons ago!

Who can keep track?....uh, besides Kitt, I mean? :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 15, 2018 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Slightly off topic, but I clicked to see why Chris Hardwick was trending on twitter today, and apparently his ex-girlfriend has alleged he abused her.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/15/chris-hardwicks-ex-girlfriend-chloe-dykstra-alleges-long-term-emotional-and-sexual-abuse-in-essay/

The woman in question is the current (long-time) partner of Robert Kazinsky, who's someone I've followed for a long time (British guy) and is an absolute delight, so I tend to think she would be reliable (on the possibly flawed basis that if he likes her she must be ok).

So I'm shocked. I wonder how big an issue this will be for TD.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
“Yvette Nicole Brown will step in as an interim guest host of The Walking Dead Season 9 Preview Special on August 5 and Talking Dead when it returns following the premiere of Fear the Walking Dead on August 12,” the network said in a statement, “as we work to complete our assessment related to Chris Hardwick.”

https://tvline.com/2018/07/13/talking-dead-yvette-nicole-brown-host-amc-chris-hardwick/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I like her and she will do a good job but I think they are doing Chris dirty. No one else has come forward, this is a scorned girlfriend.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like her too, but I"m thinking I may have to boycott to show my disapproval. :-(

Spoton

09-16-2005

Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Noooo! I could not watch when she was a guest! I just saved another hour of my life each week formerly spent watching tv.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 20, 2018 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Extended Comicon trailer for season 4B (3+ minutes long):

https://tvline.com/2018/07/20/fear-the-walking-dead-season-4b-trailer-video/

Starts August 12th.