TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 23, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: Archive through June 23, 2018 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, September 04, 2017 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the difference was Killjoys was partly owned by Syfy, and dark matter was not. The producer was talking about it and said that he needed 2 more years to end the story ark, he had proposed a 6 show quick wrap up to SYFY and was turned down. He said a movie would suck because it would have to rush the conclusions or leave a lot out. He is looking at alternatives.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Just read on Broadwayworld.com that Victor Garber may be joining the cast of Hello Dolly in NY in January. If this is indeed true, I wonder how it will affect his availability on Legends of Tomorrow and the other DC comic shows he's been in?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 09, 2017 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching The Gifted on FOX?

I think it's based on the X-Men movies but it's a lot like CW's "The Tomorrow People" that aired for one season and got canned. For that reason I wasn't going to bother with it, but then I found that it has Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton from "True Blood") and Sean Teal {the handsome guy with super long eyelashes from SYFY's "Incorporated") so I gave it shot.

It's not bad (but, unfortunately, also not upredictable) for yet another series about kids with superpowers who are being hunted down by an anti-mutant government agency. However, it's "Vampire Bill" and Luscious Eyelash guy that keeps me interested. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 09, 2017 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I commented on it in Random Discussions I think. I just couldn't get into it and said I thought it was based on X men, LOL. And I said it was about discrimination, I think.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I saw a preview today of a new show, starting November 12 on Space called Electric Dreams that looks awesome!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been waiting for it to be available in the US, but it won't be on until 2018 here, and then only on Amazon, even though there was US involvement in the production (it's mostly a UK series, and is already airing there).

It's a Philip K. Dick anthology series... I find his stuff hard going but if made for tv I'm going to give it a go!

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Well Kitt, the good thing is,2018 is almost here. Still can't believe it. I must have slept thru most of 17.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Electric Dreams is now available on Amazon (and free with Amazon Prime), ten 50ish minute stand alone episodes.

It got mixed to good reviews in the UK, any Canadians liked it?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
They did it again, they start a very interesting new sci-fi series Krypton, they show the first episode on a local channel and the rest will air on the Space channel which I don't have but if you do have, the series seems to have pretty good side effects.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It is on the syfy channel for me. I have seen the ads on a bunch of channels so, do you have a friend with that channel? I used to visit a friend to see some show years ago.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Sadie, I just forget all about it, especially when new shows arrive and catch my attention, and that's the case with The Crossing (the title was almost misleading for me, I thought it was another story of land boundaries and walls) but it's actually a sci-fi show, although not new since it deals with time travel and we've seen plenty of that already, but it still caught my attention and this time it stays on my local channel and not 'migrating' to the space channel.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think The Crossing was on last night, if so I taped it but haven't watched it. I'm not sure the story is that appealing but then I heard ....something... about it (if I had a memory I'd be dangerous) that made me take a chance and set the recording.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The Crossing is about a bunch of people who end up in the water and wash up on shore. Apparently they have traveled back in time to our present day.

I thought the first episode was pretty good.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I watched the first ten minutes and decided it was good enough to tape it for later.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I recorded The Crossing.. Good to know if seemed worthwhile.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am watching "Battleship" the movie, I remember when I heard about this movie, I couldn't figure out how they could make a board game into a movie. It is actually quite entertaining and now that I have seen it, I get it, LOL.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize the expanse has started again. have to catch up on shows.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've read the first three books (which were pretty solid science fiction efforts) but I still haven't seen this show. I seem to have a real problem getting around to see it in Canada.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh Look! The people from Lost have returned!

Just kidding this is an entirely new show, but it looks kind of itneresting:

https://www.nbc.com/manifest?nbc=1

When Montego Air Flight 828 landed safely after a turbulent but routine flight, the crew and passengers were relieved. But in the span of those few hours, the world had aged five years - and their friends, families and colleagues, after mourning their loss, had given up hope and moved on. Now, faced with the impossible, they're all given a second chance. But as their new realities become clear, a deeper mystery unfolds and some of the returned passengers soon realize they may be meant for something greater than they ever thought possible. From Robert Zemeckis and Jack Rapke comes an emotionally rich, unexpected journey into a world grounded in hope, heart and destiny.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info, Karuuna.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 22, 2018 - 2:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
You guys all know that 12 Monkeys, the final season is airing now, right? Last Friday they aired eps 1, 2, & 3.

Tonight they're airing the next 3 episodes...BUT according to the schedule on my TIVO, they are airing them OUT OF ORDER.

My TIVO shows ep 4 (8 pm), ep 6 (9pm) and ep 5 (10 pm) Huh?

I don't know if there's a mistake in the schedule for everyone, or if there's a mistake just on TIVO schedules, or if they are intentionally airing them out of order or if it's a transient mistake that will be corrected by tomorrow night.

So, 12M watchers beware! This is a show that makes no sense whatsoever if you watch the episodes out of order!

-----

I just checked IMDB.COM and they show the same order as my TIVO does, according to episode name, but the numbers for the episodes are different.

On my TIVO schedule, episode 5 is titled "Die Glocke" and episode 6 is titled "After"....but on IMDB, ep 5 is "After" and ep 6 is "Die Glocke"...although both places show them airing in the same sequence....it's just the episode numbers that are different.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3148266/episodes?ref_=tt_ov_epl

Go figure.

(I won't know what's right until weeks from now...I'm saving them up to binge them because it's easier to follow that way. :-))

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 22, 2018 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My (DirecTV) guide has this order:

S4 E4 Legacy
S4 E5 After
S4 E6 Die Glocke

Which has them in number order, and with name order according to Imdb.

To be honest I'm not sure I'd know if they are out of order or not, I'm so lost.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 22, 2018 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, my TIVO is still confused (or lying!)

It still shows this:

S4 E4 Legacy
S4 E6 After
S4 E5 Die Glocke

It's the same name order as your DirectTV and imdb.com, but the episode numbers of After and Die Glocke are still switched.

So, at this point, I'm guessing it might just be a TIVO thing...hopefully, just an error in numbering. By the time I watch this season in a few weeks, I can check again before I start and see if this anomaly is explained.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 22, 2018 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SYFY's own schedule online has them listed correctly.

http://www.syfy.com/schedule

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, the 12 Monkeys episodes should be viewed in the order they aired, although part from a couple of comments the middle episode is a bit of a standalone, so it probably wouldn't matter too much if you watched them the other way.