TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 13, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through May 13, 2018 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was just looking around various interviews and found this!!

For Comic Relief

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QtYTeK1MKiM

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_0m4cjOEIM

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ipihMQL8kUM

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks Seamonkey, I quite enjoyed watching those clips, especially the first clip.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
None of those are spoilers for next week or next season..

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Haven't been watching CTM, but I know Linda Bassett from a series called Lark Rise to Candleford. It's like Little House on the Prairie in England... Little Villages in the Shire if you will (haha). It's available on Hulu and Amazon Prime.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sounds right up my alley. I loved Little House On The Prarie but I don't get Hulu or Amazon Prime

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Call the Midwife always tears me up. Every time a baby is "born" I get teary. I know it's just a show but the scenes with Barbara, Tom and Phyllis had me.

Lark Rise is very good.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Call the Midwife is just so good. Glad that there are finally new episodes in Canada.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm with you, Jasper. I always cry when the baby is born. Such an emotional moment.

I know this is slightly off topic, but when I was pregnant with my son I used to watch a show called "Baby Story" on TLC, I think. I would just sob at every birth (hormones). Fully expected to cry when my own son was born, but I had a tough delivery and a C-section. When they asked me if I wanted to give my son a kiss (as my arms were fastened down with tubes and IVs, I wasn't able to hold him), I was so exhausted, I was just all, "Huh? Okay, I guess so." Just physically and emotionally spent. It wasn't until the next morning that I could hold him and marvel over his absolute perfection.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I remember that show!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I noticed that starting Fri May 11th that Knowledge network in Canada is starting showing Call the Midwife starting with season 1 episode 1. Can't wait to re-live all of this.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
'Midwife' is such a wonderful show. The latest death shocked me, but the person wanted to leave the show and do other things.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
True, but sad that they had to kill her off.

They let Chummy go off to be a missionary, but at least the possibility of return is there. In real life, Chummy did not return. The books are interesting.

Of the characters based on real life, some were modified. In real life Sr Bernadette remained a sister, and actually left the Anglicans for a stricter order. She did not leave to be Shelagh, wife of the doctor.

Fred was smaller and had eyes looking in different directions.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Last episode of the season this Sunday.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
SPOILER ALERT!!!! I thought last week was sad, omg I wasn't prepared for this week. It will take me 6 months to get over this episode...cried my eyes out!!!!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Irsnappy, I agree. Glad I had the tissues handy. Hope this show finally gets some Emmy love. I know it's earned a few BAFTA's. The acting this season was the best so far. Can't wait for next year.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was so good.. And sad..

That little toy carousel really got me!

And all the pictures on the video!

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
ohhhh the carousel...geez that was a cheap shot by the writers because they just knew we knew that was from the wedding thus guaranteeing that we would be balling...and the pictures..sob sob sob. Barbara got quite a send off compared to some of the other actor that have left...

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't read past your spoiler alert. So I'm in for more tears? Dang. I'm in Mexico and won't be able to see it until Friday.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lakecat, you will want to have tissues at hand.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
"Little Women" will begin on PBS on 5/13.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have been looking forward to that!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Still haven't watched Call the Midwife. Have Little women set to record.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, Call the Midwife finale is worth watching!