TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 15, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Lucifer: Archive through June 15, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 11, 2018 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes that was hilarious. Almost a fourth wall break recognizing the similarities and pointing it out to the viewers. And then as a finishing touch, they had that minor character actor from one of the Bones episodes as part of the show. It's really fun to watch when the writers are obviously having fun as well.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 11, 2018 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'd love to see an episode of one of these shows going to some kind of convention for "Cops and their Wacky Partners". We could see Beckett & Castle hobnobbing with Bones & Booth and Lucifer & Chloe and Sherlock & Watson and Cameron (the magician) & his FBI partner, etc...

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
They gave us a bonus season since they were talking of cancellation before but it's best to end it when the show is still liked. The actors may be anxious to move on to other roles and we still have re-runs.

In Italy they have a very successful tv series involving a married lady professor and the chief police ( so handsome !) but there they actually end up living together... but for a while it was a yo yo, are they or are they not?? A very funny tv series (they are talking about an 8th season!).

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
According to one of the producers (could have been a writer) not sure of the article it came from,(it was the article in Dipo's post) we are going to be left with a giant cliff-hanger-the type that is a season's ending instead of a series ending. So now I have to go to streaming services to find the British series with Robin Ellis to get my fill of that face-oh OK, that body too.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think you mean Tom Ellis....Robin Ellis was born in 1942! :-)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0255065/

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Oh yes. Robin Ellis was the original Poldark. I always mix that up.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Tom Ellis was also the star of a U.S. show called "Rush". I think it aired on USA and it just lasted one season but I enjoyed it. He played a hard partying "concierge doctor" who did house calls for the rich and infamous.

If you're jonesing for more Tom Ellis, maybe you can find it via On Demand or one of the streaming services like Amazon, Netflix or Hulu...

Here's a clip of the opening scene of the series....I had forgotten that he uses an American accent in this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sdAaBQmGLk

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oooooh, Sanfranjoshfan, I really liked that show, didn't realize it was the same guy.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
HEADS UP!

The schedule shows two new episodes of Lucifer tonight, Monday, May 28.

And yes, the season finale has already aired!

---

‘Lucifer’: Sneak Peek At Canceled Fox Series’ 2 Bonus Episodes Airing Monday

"Fans outraged at the cancellation of Lucifer will get to dance with the devil one more time. Fox has a two-hour “bonus” episode of the show set for this Monday at 8 PM and has just released a sneak peak at what to expect from the episode, tilted “Boo Normal/Once Upon A Time.”

'Lucifer' Co-Showrunners Talk Series Finale, Loyal Fans, And What Would've...
In the episode, Lucifer (Tom Ellis) and the team investigate the murder of a child psychiatrist, while Ella (Aimee Garcia) thinks about a big childhood secret that she’s been hiding. Then, in

Part Two, which was directed by cast member Kevin Alejandro, an alternate dimension is visited where Lucifer not only has never met Chloe (Lauren German), but is granted the freedom of choice."

http://deadline.com/2018/05/lucifer-fans-get-two-hour-bonus-episode-to-air-on-monday-1202398470/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was surprised to see that on the schedule!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Loved the two new episodes. They were originally filmed to be shown during season 4. I was trying to live tweet while the shows were going on. Our hashtags were trending during the shows so I hope a streaming service took notice and will pick up the show.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
While I was so happy to see the Lucifer cast again I found the final episode rather disturbing. I agree it would have fit in so much better in the 4th season (rather than after the last two episodes which I loved and which hit me hard emotionally and made me a sobbing wreck). Last night's eps were too frothy and bizzare for a proper send-off especially after the emotional gut punch of the previous two eps. But I'm hoping that it will be renewed and then they can show those eps in their proper seasonal lineup.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Mambeblanche, I am hoping WHEN the show gets picked up, these episodes will be shown in their proper order so we can get more context to the episodes. Radio Times reported that the Twitter campaign was trending world wide and that the season 3 finale was the highest rated finale (above a GOT season finale) on IMDB.

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
I read in another thread that Lucifer was cancelled. So this ending was very poor...

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Akwarlord47, the series/season ended with the episode when Charlotte and Amenediel went to heaven and Chloe saw Lucifer's true face. These two episodes were meant to be seen in Season 4 as they thought they would be renewed. They do not follow directly on the last episode of season three. I think the writers/producers who post on Twitter said that they would be seen sometime around episode 4. They didn't get great ratings but it was a long weekend and the episodes were up against some strong shows. I still have faith that a platform like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon will pick the show up.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I sure hope it gets picked up , I love this show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 15, 2018 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Netflix picked it up!!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, June 15, 2018 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Yes it did. I guess they already owned the rights to overseas distribution so it made sense for them to pick it up. Of course this only came about because cast, crew, writers, producers, directors, show-runners AND fans all worked together to make it happen. Looking forward to seeing what they can do on Neflix that they couldn't do on Fox.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, June 15, 2018 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yay for them but boo for me. We don't subscribe to Netflix. Hoping either the Canadian channel that's been running it up to now will continue to show it. Or that somehow we can download the shows on to the computer online, or watch full episodes on YouTube.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 15, 2018 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They're saying there will be 10 episodes. After the season ends you could do a free trial and binge them. You never know you might love the service so much you'll keep it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 15, 2018 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is incredibly good news. I love Netflix shows. It's a great show already and I can't wait to see what they do with it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 15, 2018 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
When you do Netflix do you have to watch everything on your computer?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 15, 2018 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Computer, phone, or a device that has the app, like smart tvs or rokus.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, June 15, 2018 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Comcast/Xfinity offers Netflix in the app section of the TV. I signed in with my info and now I watch Netflix on my TV instead of my computer. I don't have a smart TV. Just a regular HDTV.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, June 15, 2018 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Wonder if they will release one episode a week like Hulu does with the Handmaid's Tale or if they will offer all 10 episodes at once like most Netflix shows do?