TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 18, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: Archive through June 18, 2018 users admin

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
They started shooting S9 this week!

Only 5 more months to go! 😝

https://www.facebook.com/TMZ/posts/10160771021865713

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Well they my as well just cancel this show after S9

This show will never be the same. Sigh 😔

https://www.facebook.com/TMZ/posts/10160876069080713

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they will end it in a short S10 that brings TWD and FearTWD together. It's probably too late to change the writing in any significant way for S9. Maybe people who have left will come back, if they have not been killed off.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
for me the show ended when Glenn died. I just kind of go thru the motions watching it lately. I dont even care Andy is leaving. I have been tired of him the last few seasons and really feel he is more of a baddie than Negan

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I feel the same. If they get rid of Rick, the show will lose its main character who has been there since the beginning, picking up other characters we have learned to love or hate. Its as if we have stood by his side watching and experiencing this awful zombie filled world, and if he is gone so am I.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's too soon to kill off Rick, because they haven't created another lead to take his place.

It will probably kill the show too, but so many have lost interest, maybe it's time.

And maybe Andrew sees that, and the bad writing and showrunning, and wants out.

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
I agree with Pammy, when they killed off Glenn they ended it for me. Hasn't been the same since.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Andrew Lincoln has hinted for a while that he can't do this forever, which is why I keep predicting the show will end in Season 10 (admittedly I used to say Season 9 ;)). As much as the stars seem to love it, it's a gruelling show to film and they can't do it indefinitely.

I wonder if it is early enough to end it in Season 9B. They're filming something like episode 3 now, but I don't think they have a break in filming mid-season, so I assume those episodes are already fleshed out and can't be changed to a series finale.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
What?! Andrew Lincoln is leaving? Where did you see that? If Rick is out, so am I. This show is just no fun anymore. So depressing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's everywhere, unfortunately. I don't know why they chose to announce it rather than keep it secret like they did with Carl.

He and the Magie actor are both only doing six episodes this season (which I presume will be 16 episodes total). No idea which six or whether they are the same six.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
This is what I just read about Rick leaving. Only read if you like spoilers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/andrew-lincoln-may-spoiled-rick-172435908.html

Fan3

07-07-2005

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fan3 a private message Print Post    
My husband hear it on the radio today that rick was leaving.... bet they will use it as a cliff hanger......

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Boy I sure hope AMC doesn’t cancel The talking dead.... would never be the same show without him

Just hope all gets worked out before the new season

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I really hate how a man is fired over allegations that aren't proven. innocent until proven guilty unless a woman posts about you on Twitter.

It's lynch mob mentality.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I believe her, what she describes is so consistent and so similar to what a friend of mine went through. People familiar with him have confirmed this is what he's like and I haven't seen anyone who knows him back him up yet. That's pretty telling for someone whose public persona is that they are well loved.

Ignoring the blacklisting for the moment, the issue for me is I thought Chris was a nice guy. A very nice guy in fact. And this shows that he wasn't, which to me taints the tv shows he's in. I think what he did was abusive both emotionally and sexually, but I think men who act like that are broken themselves (as are the women who don't walk away). Some are fixable (can be taught to recognise the damage they do) and some aren't, but I don't know that this is much out of societal norms. Maybe one in 20 men are like this to some degree, moderated by the power they have to wield it. Probably some percentage of women too.

So I'm not sure what the punishment should be for someone we thought was nice actually being a . I'm absolutely sure there are plenty of men (and some women) who are popular hosts and are also , we just don't know it. The trouble for me is I have (had) a lot of affection for him and like I said above, that taints the show a lot for me.

Then the blacklisting issue. If that's true that's awful. But again I don't know how appropriate it is for networks to punish someone for being found out as a bad person.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just don't want this to be true. If it is, she deserves to be heard. But I don't want it to be true.

And I hope they don't fire him until it is investigated.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I agree Pamy!

What happened to innocent untill proven guilty? Just because this happened to some one else doesn’t make this true

She waits untill he is happily married and successful? Seriously. Nothing like ruining a career and family with a Twitter allegation. So sad, because a woman has never ever lied about a guy before ..... smh

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He was successful when he was with her, he had already founded Nerdist and was already hosting Talking Dead.

Also it wasn't a twitter allegation.

I don't see any reason to lie, she has her own career, and revealing this sort of thing doesn't tend to make you popular, even now.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen anyone who knows him back him up yet.

His mother in law has.

He's been dropped from Comic Con, and his new talk show has been canned.

And Kitt, I'm going to take a bit of an issue with her story. Having worked with victims of abuse, I also know that these are two-way relationships, where bad behavior goes both ways. In the field of psychology, we are have long grown past the idea that this is a one-sided issue. Often one has more visible power, but the other often plays their own dysfunctional part quite well too.

Also, I would note that it is not unusual for this to happen in only one relationship (for a man or a woman), and not ever in another, which only adds credence to the current understanding that this is often a relationship dynamic, that is, two people perpetuate and often escalate the issues in a spiraling kind of effect.

He says that they fought a lot. Well, that happens in a lot of relationships and some of them are quite functional. The only accusation she made that *could* be troubling is that he sexually assaulted her. But I would note that he says that never happened. And again, sometimes communication in relationships is flawed. Did she clearly tell him no? What exactly happened in this alleged assault? She says she "went along with it." I'm sorry, but technically that's not assault. It may have been manipulative, but it's not assault!

There are two sides to every story. We should hear both, and make decisions on full information.

He says:
“When we were living together, I found out that Chloe had cheated on me, and I ended the relationship. For several weeks after we broke up, she asked to get back together with me and even told me she wanted to have kids with me, ‘build a life’ with me and told me that I was ‘the one,’ but I did not want to be with someone who was unfaithful. I’m devastated to read that she is now accusing me of conduct that did not occur. l was blindsided by her post and always wanted the best for her. As a husband, a son, and future father, I do not condone any kind of mistreatment of women.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/chris-hardwick-breaks-silence-following-assault-allegations/

It seems to me it was a complicated relationship in which they truly brought out the worst in each other. And unless there are similar accusations from others, I'm withholding judgment.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, they already fired him and banned him for the comic con panels...just on her word!!!! he denies it.

its just one girl. when they fired Weinstein there were many girls and he didnt deny it.

Chris hasnt even been charged with anything. complete BS AMC dropped him so fast!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oopss Kar, I just saw your 2nd post and realize you know he was fired now

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No worries, Pamy.

He agreed to be let go from Comic Con, and to delay the start of his *new* show. But really, what choice did he have?

Like I said, while I have great sympathy for women who really are attacked, they were in a *consensual* relationship. This is NOT the same thing as Weinstein and many others.

Relationships have complicated dynamics. There's no proof he abused her. They BOTH fought and argued. And she says he assaulted her, but then she also said she "went along with it." That may be coercion, but that happens in relationships too. Sometimes we do grudgingly agree to sex when we're not in the mood. That's not assault.

There were unhealthy dynamics in the relationship. She cheated on him. He coerced her. I'm sure she said ugly mean things to him too. It was a bad relationship!

This is not the same as all those other #metoo moments. Not at all.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Everyone sees their experiences from their own viewpoint. Them being in a mutual bad relationship doesn't excuse him from acting badly towards her, same as it doesn't excuse her from not getting herself away from him.

But as I said, what is an appropriate punishment for being shitty to someone inside a relationship? I certainly don't know, maybe there's none.

But Chris Hardwick's immediate problem is he is known by his audience from being a super sweet nerdy guy, and when that is seen as an act and not true, it makes his shows less appealing. That's the issue he will face if he's able to continue.

And they do need to look into the blacklist accusations. That's pretty inexcusable if true, but it might just appear that way to her if his friends sided with him and that lost her connections in the business.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Them being in a mutual bad relationship doesn't excuse him from acting badly towards her, same as it doesn't excuse her from not getting herself away from him.

And her acting badly toward him. Infidelity isn't laudable, but apparently that's not one of the sins we are willing to condemn as being one that should cost you your job? Isn't that shitty too?

That's my problem with this. While in some ways it's long overdue, in other ways, the pendulum has swung way too far and it's become irrational and hysterical.

I worked in a battered women's shelter where it was once common thought to believe it was all the "batterer's fault." We've come a long way since then. We need to not revert to that overly simplistic thinking. It's not helpful to anyone.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You know that she said she fell in love with someone else, they kissed and she ended the relationship with Chris? It would be hard to categorise that as infidelity. He's the one who said she cheated on him, and tells the usual she begged me to come back bit, she says that did not happen. I mean she could be lying, but it seems to me more likely that he is on that.

I don't see any hysteria. Whether or not this sort of thing is typical for Chris Hardwick his bad behavior in this case has made it hard for me to look at him the same way. If your friend reveals her apparently doting husband shouts at her or controls her every move, the next time you're somewhere together do you forget about it, or do you have that in the back of your mind? That's where we are with this. People have found out who he is and need to come to terms with it because it's so different to how they thought he was.