TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 08, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Doctor Who/Torchwood: Archive through September 08, 2017 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No Doctor Who and no activity in the thread for almost a year but it's time!!

The Christmas 2016 Doctor Who is on BBC America at 6pm PT tomorrow, I'm guessing 9pm for ET and some others. It's called "The Return of Doctor Mysterio" and there's a trailer here ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZtrrDl5kz4

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching Dr Who because I really dislike Peter Cipaldi or whatever his name is, nor do I like Clara.

Bring back David Tennet!!!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Kitt I have it set to record. I need my Doctor Who fix. It's been too darned long.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The Christmas 2016 Doctor Who is on BBC America at 6pm PT tomorrow"

It's on at 9pm, here in SF (on Comcast). We used to get the east coast feed for BBCA but Comcast changed it so we longer get to see it 3 hours early. :-(

It's titled "The Return of Doctor Mysterio" and it's 90 minutes long.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
We got rid of cable last month (now use roku, amazon prime, and netflix.) Haven't missed it at all...until now! First Christmas in years I won't see a new Doctor Who Christmas special.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Monday, January 30, 2017 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Nooooo! Peter Capaldi is leaving Doctor Who!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/entertainment/peter-capaldi-leaving-doctor-who/index.html

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, January 30, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Well, he will have given us three great seasons. Now, what I'd like to see when he regenerates is that Clara and Me will show up in the diner/Tardis so the three of them will be together when the moment comes.

I will be sad to see Peter leave but all I can do is wish him the best. There are so many things that he still can do.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I'm so far behind on Capaldi's seasons it's not funny, but I like him and will miss him (eventually when I catch up that is, lol.) I'm still sad over Tennant, it always takes me a while to warm up to a new Doctor and then I don't want to see them leave either!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I won't miss Capaldi. I'm not sure it's his fault, it's just the stories haven't been very good the last few years. Every season I get excited and every season it's a bit blah.

And I still think Tennant was so good that no one will live up to him!

Lyn

08-07-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
David Tennant is still one of my favourties! Matt Smith I never really took to as The Doctor, but did think he was incredibly warm and personable when I met him at an expo. (Karen Gillian - not so much)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It certainly doesn't seem like that long. I do agree with Kitt on the last season's stories, even the Xmas special. They seemed lukewarm at best. However I am looking forward to the new season with Bill. The previews I saw looked great.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 14, 2017 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Reminder that the new season starts TOMORROW, Saturday! 6pm or 9pm or somewhere in between!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Also the new show, Class set at Coal Hill School starts directly after the first new episode of Doctor Who. The Doctor makes an appearance in the first episode of Class. Right now, BBC America is showing the episodes leading up to this new season.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting that, I saw it just in time to set up a recording for the repeat.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Kris Marshall rumored to be the new Dr. Who. I think he might make an interesting Dr.

Loved, loved, loved, loved and loved David Tennant as Dr. Who. Didn't really care for Matt Smith and so disliked Peter C that I stopped watching.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Kris Marshall would make a fantastic doctor. He has that Dr Who eccentricity but can be really relatable. The fans seem to hate the idea though.

This week's episode was OK. I started on Class but couldn't get into it.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I'll miss Capaldi but the writing has frequently been uninspired and/or derivative...though better than the last few seasons, at least for me.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
They should have saved the lady who played Missy and cast her for the next doctor. I loved her. She was great fun.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Wasn't sure about her at first but I did come to enjoy her performance. I imagine that, somehow, we may see Missy again.

Here's the new Doctor, announced after men's Wimbledon final: Digital Spy

Cool reveal. I recognized the person after a minute.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's an odd choice because she's so "normal," in fact being normal was important for every role I've seen her in.

But I guess she's an actor, and actors can be whatever the role says they should be.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I love Jodie in Broadchurch (where she has ties to David Tennant, Arthur Darvil and the new showrunner, Chris Chibnall. I think she will do just fine. Now I want to see River come back and Jack and Missy (but Michelle Gomez says she's not going to be coming back.)

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I am okay with the new Doctor but think it is going to be so jarring to lose not only the Doctor but all his companions and the head writer all in one go. But then again we had that with the transition between Tennant and Smith.

I am hoping that Chibnall link to Torchwood where he was the show runner will prompt him to bring back Captain Jack. I think it would make an excellent bridge between the past and the future, without being jarring.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd missed that Bill wouldn't be returning with the new Doctor. That's a shame, I enjoyed her and thought (at least with Capaldi) she was a good match, much better than the self-sufficient Clara, who never seemed to me to get much out of it.

Captain Jack would be amazing. They should do it!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
John Barrowman would be available for a return as Captain Jack. He's no longer a regular in Arrow/Flash/Legends of tomorrow. Torchwood's HQ in Cardiff was destroyed so I guess that would make him available to help the new Doctor. Also Freema (I can't spell her last name)who played Martha Jones is also up for coming back. Heck, she's now the chief medical officer of UNIT and there seems to be at least one UNIT show a season. I'd love to see Martha and her hubby Mickey (Rose's ex-boyfriend and who is actually Freema's hubby in real life) back for at least one episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 08, 2017 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Class has been cancelled.