TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 15, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 15, 2017 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Btw, Rick Springfield played Lucifer on the previous season of Supernatural! (Well, he played a rock star that Lucifer possessed because of his built in "rock star" quality. :-))

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I had to rewind to see if that was Rick Springfield, I hadn't noticed the credits. Jesse's girl kept playing thru my head after that.

Jimmer they did show the gun scene at least when I watched it. I pvr'd the marathon the other day. I wasn't going to watch after the first two eps but changed my mind. Heck of a lot of blood this season.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m still watching but this show is a big mess and makes very little sense. I’m not even sure why I’m still watching. I guess there are just so few horror series like it on TV.

I don’t know how much of that shooting scene was left in.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If you watched the edited version, then the show will make no sense afterward. That's why I posted you have to watch the full version. For comcast it was in on-demand. I don't know how it works for other tv providers.

The show is making sense to me.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've been thinking about my earlier comment and what I always enjoy about this show is its style more than its substance. That's what keeps me watching. For example, the opening is always artfully disturbing. I don't know how people think this stuff up.

Another thing is I may be walking more my own path on this one in that one of my favorite seasons was Hotel. However, I did a little research on the show overall and Hotel was apparently one of the least liked seasons based on both the critics and the ratings.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I tend to agree with you Jimmer. But, I used to always watch the opening but I can’t get past the dog. Why? And the fact that I think this is probably “why”.

Yea, I didn't really care for Hotel. Asylum has been my favourite.

Edited version? Edited how Naja?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I posted about it on October 10. The public shooting scene was cut beyond recognition (for the version that aired).

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Edited how sounds vague. Can you give me an example of something that might have been cut?

I find Canadian tv isn’t as heavy handed with their censorship as American.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, the fact that the crazy blonde woman did all the shooting was cut out. It went straight to the end with Sarah Paulson holding the gun and made it look like she did all the shooting, including killing the blonde woman. They didn't show the blonde woman shooting anybody, not even herself. It skipped all the shooting.

eta: all the editing was done to the last few minutes of the episode.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ah ok, yes they showed all that on FXCanada.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Sorry we were posting close together and I missed your 11:32 until now. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh as Jasper said, they showed all of that on Canadian TV. I can see why it would have been more than confusing if it was cut out on American TV. As you mentioned, it changes the entire story.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I watched on American TV and saw that. The lead in made it look like it was Sarah Paulson, but by the end it showed that it was Meadow.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Bbpeach, no it didn't. I watched them both, side by side. They totally skipped showing Willow did anything in the aired version at the end. They may have explained it in the next ep, but it was definitely not shown in the American live aired version.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Well, I didn't watch online at all and I saw it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch online, either. I watched on-demand on the tv with cable.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Yeah, no on demand here. I still have it on my DVR (saving the whole season to watch again over Christmas with my nephew). Will have to check whether it was the end of the ep or beginning of the next. But from what I remember, they showed at the beginning all the shooting (more like heard the shots and people running), then Sarah Paulson standing there with the gun. Then we had the rest of the show with leading up to that point, then they showed Meadow shooting the gun at Kai and killing herself, then Sarah picking up the gun. Since they showed so much, I couldn't figure out what edit they would have done. Just figured they cut out the people getting shot and blood, etc.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They didn't show a single person being shot in the edited version. That was the point of the editing. They didn't want to upset people connected to the Las Vegas massacre. Meadow shooting herself was taken completely out. All you saw was her body lying there as it zoomed out. I am talking about the end.

eta: that's how I know for sure you didn't see the edited version. You say you saw Meadow shoot herself and Kai. They didn't show anybody getting shot.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
So I just watched the end again. We see Meadow shoot a girl in front of Kai, then Kai, and shoot 5 other shots randomly into the scurrying crowd. Ally grabs for the gun, they grapple for it, Meadow says "this is the face of true love" puts the gun in her mouth and pulls the trigger. This is what was on TV, not on demand. My coworker and I even talked about it the next day wondering what they edited out must have been really bad because they showed so much. So if others saw something different than that, I don't know. The point is, there was no question that it was Meadow doing the shooting, not Sara Paulson.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they showed different things in different areas of the country?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's possible, Jimmer. I remember back on "Mike and Molly" that happened. My area saw the scene where Molly said she was pregnant. No one else at the board saw it where they were. I even posted the clip.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
In Atlanta, our version was barely edited. I watched both ways and was surprised at what was cut and what left in. I thought the throat slashing scene left in was worse than anything taken out. But in the wake of the Las Vegas shootings, I guess it was just “active shooter” violence they waned to edit.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure I saw the version BBpeach posted about. I was curious but didn't look further into it.

Now as far as the opening, this is the one that I cannot watch because of the bugs coming out of the skin!

I also thought it was a good show last night.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wasn't thrilled with finale, but it was ok. I find it funny that the most dangerous person ended up being the one who voted for the green party....LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this season was way better than last, I'd give it a B minus to a C