TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 18, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 18, 2018 users admin

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
i am still enjoying re-runs of ER. Many are new to me.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I think there were 2 or 3 of us who watched the CBS show called Ransom last year (on Sat nights). I thought it had been cancelled, but low and behold, as I was looking for something to watch tonight, there is episode 2 of Season 2! I guess it wasn't cancelled after all. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I posted this in the netflix thread, but then it occured to me that people without netflix wouldn't be reading it. lol

It's binge week....
I don't know it's this was with other TV providers, but if you have a comcast x1 box, netflix is free this week without having to sign up for the free trial. (so is all of the premium channel on-demand content)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I added it to my tv and it said sign in to start a free month. so not binge week here, will be binge week at another time

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When I did it, I didn't go to the netflix page on the box. I just did a regular box search for a show, and played the netflix selections right from the search results.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
As I had insomnia at 2am this morning, I remembered this article in Vulture a few weeks ago...

According to Deadline, HBO Documentary Films just acquired the rights to I’ll Be Gone and intends to adapt it as true-crime docuseries. The book recounts both the dozens of crimes believed to have been committed by one as-yet unidentified individual in California during the ‘70s and ‘80s, as well as the author’s work on her website TrueCrimeDiary.com, and an earlier murder that inspired her interest in unsolved crimes. The book was published posthumously after McNamara’s sudden death in 2016, having been completed by her researcher Paul Haynes and colleague Billy Jensen.

McNamara’s husband, comedian Patton Oswalt, will executive produce and said of the project, “HBO taking on this story will advance the passionate pursuit that Michelle shared with dozens of men and women in law enforcement — to solve the mystery of one of California’s most notorious serial killers.”

http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/hbo-develops-michelle-mcnamara-ill-be-gone-in-the-dark-show.html

As we were talking about the case in N/V, I thought I would share. Now they can tack on the capture of this monster.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So this morning I just was about the last half hour of Lucy, it was interesting, the part I saw but at then end when she was going back thru time, to evolution, etc., all I could think about is Sheldon's Mom isn't going to like this, LOL.

I don't know what religion it is that doesn't believe in evolution or the dinosaurs, but I got a chuckle thinking about it.

I started to say in my mind "well the christians aren't going to like this ending" but then I realized it's not really "the christians" but some very specific religions.

Anyway I thought it was funny that that popped into my mind.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So today I am enjoying some movies on FX, watched Pacific Rim (was pretty unclear what the heck that was about but I suspect pollution), found it interesting and entertaining and I didn't have to pay to close attention.

Now on is The Martian...I was just wondering why they keep saying "viewer discretion"; is there something yucky going to happen.

And I see there is an interesting movie coming up at 8pm, Everest.

So it is a fun day of computer games and movies.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bailing on Everest, not in keeping with my fun day, while it looks fab I read a summary, a little too much reality for my fun day.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Excellent movie but that was the biggest day of tragedy on Everest. I have read several accounts of that day..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes, I bet it was good but it was a terrible tragedy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well it was also about some very dangerous and corrupt practices, promises not kept. Jon Krakauer wrote a good account but was definitely slanted. The movie shows how he was one who didn't help some people when he might have done so.

Andrei B.... from Russia rebutted with his own account. He has since died in yet another mountain.

But not a movie for a lighthearted day...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 04, 2018 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
DIETLAND on AMC....Has anyone seen this? I am not sure what is going on but I find it to be very intriguing.

I hadn't heard anything about it before and saw a tweet from Aisha Taylor about it, so decided to check it out.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I read both those Everest books...it was really interesting and frightening at the same time...and yet they still climb.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sex and the City...."E" is doing a marathon of this show. I never watched it on HBO and I have only seen shows here and there, so I am watching it now.

The shows don't really seem to run concurrently, the show ends and jumps to all new issues the next show. Was it supposed to be this way and not tell a continuous story but just hit and miss events in their lives?

Thanks, I am enjoying it and it does seem well done.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Yes. There are threads that run throughout the show (boyfriends, jobs, etc) but each show had its own "theme".

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last night we started binging season 2 of "Goliath" on amazon.

OMG it is so good! This season Billy Bob Thornton's character takes on the defense of a teen accused of murder, and the story gets so twisted and weird. Like most Billy Bob projects....LOL
Mark Duplass is also starring this season, and you know he usually plays some kind of headcase.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Thanks for reminding me about Goliath. I know what I'll be watching tonight. :-)

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching American Woman on the Paramount channel?
It's a comedy set in the '70's with Alicia Silverstone as a Beverly Hills housewife who finds out her husband is cheating. She throws him out, then also finds out he's guilty of fraud and the police are looking for him.
That description makes it sound depressing, but it's a comedy. Only 2 episodes have aired and I really enjoyed them.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
saw it, lots of fun

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Snoops, that is Kyle Richard's show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Snoops, Im watching but I wish it had more comedy! it's more drama, imo

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jerry Springer show has stopped production temporarily -- and quite possibly permanently. We all watch it?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't even know it was still on! And, no..

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Does anyone else see the commercials for upcoming Hallmark movies telling you is "starring" in said feature only to think to yourself, who?!

I have never seen or heard of the majority of the actors in the featured roles. Catching a few minutes of some of these movies I can say with certainty that they are not particularly talented, nor are the scripts well written by and large. Does Hallmark realize that there are people that aren't Caucasian and of many different body shapes?