TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 23, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through June 23, 2018 users admin

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
What about "Mrs. Maisel"? It looks fun.

Fun is just one of many, many superlatives that apply to this show. You will love it - I guarantee it! Rachel Brosnahan is sensational as Mrs. Maisel, along with all the other cast members. To give you an idea of how good it is, Amazon has renewed it for a third season - this despite the fact that the second season hasn't even aired yet.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I've got Amazon Prime and Netflix, and access to a friend's hulu but not thrilled with the ads. The Fire Stick isn't jailbroke.

I watched "Stranger Things" with dd on her Xbox, and look forward to the next season. The movie "Ibiza" looks fun; it comes out Friday. I'm definitely going to give "Maisel" a go.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I have been watching Bobby Kennedy for President. It covers his run in the primaries 50 years ago and how well he was doing. Watching his way with the crowds, his speeches and interviews, makes it all the sadder that he was murdered and stopped in his tracks trying to get elected to the White House.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Ooo, Cablejockey, that sounds good!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the tip, Cable. I will definitely add it to my Netflix watch-list.

I distinctly remember my mother dragging me with her to see him speak in downtown Los Angeles (at the Olvera Street Plaza). It was Sunday, March 24, 1968. Even though I wanted to stay home and play with my neighborhood friends, I also remember the electricity in the crowd anticipating his arrival and then when he showed up, the crowd went wild and it ended up being a very exciting experience for me. I was 10.

There's a photo of his appearance at this link:

https://www.jfklibrary.org/Asset-Viewer/Archives/SWPC-RFK-C022-007.aspx

You can't see me (I was too short!) but I remember being very close to where he stood that day.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
New season of Queer Eye premieres June 15th.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I have watching a documentary called a Survivor's Guide to Prison. Its amazing in the information to gives and the insight to see things arent really what we think looking at it from the outside. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4323370/

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I haven’t seen any post about Sense8’s finale so I will let you know it is this Friday June 8th . I really liked this show and was sad to hear it ended. Real glad they are giving us an end to the story.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I watched the series finale for Sense8. I loved every minute. I laughed, I cried....I'm really going to miss this show and all the characters.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am just starting to watch the 2nd season of Marcella.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Kitt I take my last post back. You had stated when Sense8 was and I totally blanked out. Thanks & I guess actually putting it in my calendar would help.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well actually I'd forgotten about it, so I was glad to see the posts here to remind me! Hopefully I'll get time for it this weekend.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen The Alienist? Its quite interesting if you are not too sensitive to blood and gore. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4604612/

Baylierose

05-07-2011

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Baylierose a private message Print Post    
I loved Mrs. Maisel and my husband even paid attention to it and that's unusual!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
My daughter (19) and I are loving Grace and Frankie! We're on the second season.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I've just started watching The Time In Between. I am loving it.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I like One Day at a time. Season 2 has been out for a while.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I did not care for season 2 of Marcella. I found Marcella herself to be completely unlikable. Thought the ending was a stretch.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Sugar . . . same, I didn't like her at all , so much that I didn't watch all of the 2nd season.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just watched season 1 of The Indian Detective, played by Russell Peter's, not bad; little action, who dunno and comedy. Only 4 episodes. Pretty light and fun simmer watching. Nice to have something a little intense once in a while.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Mizinvanccouer, you probably made the right choice by ignoring the rest of Marcella season 2. Marcella is a rather crappy person.
I read a couple of reviews that also thought season 2 was bad.
The more I think about it the less I liked it and the more annoyed I am at how botched and ridiculous season 2 was. Unnecessary subplots that went nowhere, only a few of her coworkers were likable characters, completely unbelievable that she is still a cop.... An absolutely bizarre ending.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Sugar....well I was considering watching the rest of the season over the summer when I don't have much to watch but after what you said, for sure I won't. Thanks for the heads up.

I just re-read my post above for 'Indian Detective' and saw all the errors! I had written it on my mobile and I guess it selected different words than I thought lol. Here is what I mean to write:

I just watched season 1 of The Indian Detective, played by Russell Peter's, not bad; little action, a bit of 'who dun-nit' and comedy. Only 4 episodes so not a huge investment of time. Pretty light and fun summer watching. Nice to have something a little LESS intense once in a while.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Miz I was hoping for a season 2 of Indian Detective. Do you know when it's starting?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I haven’t seen Marcella season 2 yet but I was surprised of a second season. I thought she was a horrible cop and the stress should of done her in.

I have been trying to finish Riverdale before Marcella. My husband & I are now watching the Ranch on Amazon. Plus then Goliath has begun.

What’s also been fun is that survivor South Africa & New Zealand have been showing. Love survivor!!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Hi Mame.....I only just discovered Indian Detective and assumed it was new. No clue if they even have plans for a second season. Maybe they will wait to see how popular it is?

Oh....I just found this:
As of June 23, 2018, The Indian Detective has not been officially renewed for a second season but, Peters has said that he is working on season two. Stay tuned for further updates.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/indian-detective-cancelled-renewed-season-two/