TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 04, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Instinct !!!!: Archive through June 04, 2018 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really like this show so I am coping over the comments from Random Discussions.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My earlier post....

Instinct... Ok, that was a partial rip off of a Rizzoli and Isles episode, the part about the Amish kid being a pianist. They even used the same thing with the pretend piano, and the piano teacher and showing the video to the parents at the end.

At least I think it was RandI, it could have been a law and order.

I wonder if the writers are the same.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tvwatcher
Monday, April 02, 2018 - 8:50 am

re: Instinct - it was Bones that had the exact same story

I actually didn't even notice until they showed the parents the video, then I started to think hmmm... this sure seems familiar!

That's so odd...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My later post....
Thankyou TV Watcher, that was it Bones, I kept trying to remember which Characters had gone out the to Amish community and couldn't remember.

The beginning and ending were the same but the middle part was different....different killer/motive than the one on Bones.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
HAHAHAHAHA....

Michael Ausiello Verified account @MichaelAusiello
22m22 minutes ago
More
Did #Instinct Copy #Bones Storyline? EP Apologizes for 'Unintentional' Parallels http://tvline.com/2018/04/02/instinct-cbs-bones-rip-off-storyline-amish-michael-rauch/ … via @Dave_Nemetz

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve only watched that one episode so far (the one with the “Amish” piano player) and I thought it was good.

My problem with watching the show is Sunday sports often push everything late and it messes with my recording.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Alan Cumming is one of my very favorite actors. I enjoy him on PBS when he introduces Masterpiece Mysteries.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I like this show too, mainly because of Alan Cummings.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I've watched two episodes and have another on the pvr. So far, so good. Kind of reminds me of Castle without the dumbing down of the famous author (pet peeve during it's run)

I'll keep watching Instinct

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Kind of reminds me of Castle"

Me, too.....plus, it reminds me of all these other shows with a law enforcement officer partnered with some kind of civilian "outsider":

"Instinct" - female cop paired with gay professor/ex-CIA agent

"Castle" - female cop paired with wacky writer

"Almost Human" - male cop paired with robot partner

"Bones" - male FBI agent paired with socially awkward scientist

"Lucifer" - female cop paired with Satan

"Elementary" - female police consultant paired with addict/scientist

"Instinct" - female cop paired with gay professor/ex-CIA agent

"The Bridge" - male Mexican cop paired with female American autistic cop

"Deception" - female FBI agent paired with stage magician

"The Mentalist" - female "CBI" agent paired with self described fake psychic

"Numbers" - male FBI agent paired with Math professor.

"Alien Nation" - male cop partnered with an alien refugee cop.

--------

This formula seems to work....but there are times a new show immediately makes me feel like I've seen it before....like the new show, "Deception".

I'm a fan of Alan Cumming....and since this is the first TV drama that features a gay character in the lead role....I'll probably keep watching. :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here's an article about Cumming playing this role and what it means to him:

Alan Cumming on Being Broadcast's First Leading Gay Character on CBS' 'Instinct'

"CBS, which has been criticized in recent years for its lack of onscreen diversity, is breaking new ground in March with the series debut of Instinct. The drama, based on the James Patterson novel, stars Alan Cumming as a former CIA operative who is pulled back into the CIA. Cumming's character also happens to be gay, as he is in the source material. That gives CBS the distinction of having Instinct be the first broadcast hourlong series with a gay leading character."

<snip>

Full article here:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/alan-cumming-being-broadcasts-first-leading-gay-character-cbs-instinct-1072172

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
SFJF, let's not forget "Perception" - female FBI agent paired with a schizophrenic college professor who hallucinates possible scenarios to help solve the crime (starred Eric McCormack as the prof and some girl we hated--too young and too stupid to be an FBI agent).

I would watch Alan Cumming read the phone book. He is magic!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Doogie Howser of Murderer's, hahahahahaha.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I can't buy that person is his father. I think they are close to the same age.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Another good episode.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I read Alan Cummings powerful memoir Not My Father's Son. I can only imagine how difficult this episode may have been for him to do. I just kept wanting to hug him in the scenes with his 'dad'.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Alan Cummings is one of the people who could read the phone book and make it sound suspenseful and exciting.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I take back what I say about the "father" was too young to play Alan's father. Alan is 53 and John Doman is 73. He looks young for 73. :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it's amazing how many shows have similar patterns, as listed by Sanfran above.

I noticed how the actor looks quite comfortable in the role of a gay character since I believe he's also a gay actor, it must be liberating to play a gay character for him (in The Good Wife didn't seem this comfortable). I don't know however why his jackets should be that tight and his pants that short, but I guess that's part of his eccentricity.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Take a look at some of the shows Aaron Spelling produced. You will find The Mod Squad and Charlie's Angels had the same episodes, only the names changed....

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I love this show! Love me some Allen Cummings, and the actress that plays Lizzie is great. Love the stories. And I really like that they are showing an openly gay couple as just part of the story. But, I just don’t see any chemistry between Dylan and Andrew! I love each of them individually as characters, but he has more chemistry with Lizzie.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Texannie we have a thread, LOL... I love it too!
https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/6465/18478019.html&lm=1523307567

06-29-2002

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
<bump>

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I looked and looked for it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, June 04, 2018 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I've caught this show now 2 weeks in a row and find that I love it. Alan Cummings is a treasure. He uses his face so dramatically during the scenes.