TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 01, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Colony - on USA & Bravo (Canada): Archive through June 01, 2018 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I had dropped this show but I got curious to see what the heck happened to them after the escape, the weasel is still a weasel (and he lived with them for 6 months?) and more bad guys after our hero, what else is new? The bad guys fighting each other seemed good news for our hero and I got a bit curious to see why that funny looking robot bug didn't shoot them down, I'll keep watching a bit more.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That wasn't the first time one of those robot bugs (drones) spared Will Bowman right after reducing others to a red mist. One stared Will and Charlie coming back over the wall and now the whole famiky. Broussard also had that experience.

And on the rooftop.

Quite a slimey mess in that shot down ship, with Katie wondering if that is what the alien enemies of the Raps look like inside the shells.

As always, the link above this thread has interesting content!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched my recording last night. I'm thrilled this show is back.

Snyder... what a sleazeball.

Can anyone help me remember what happened to her sister who was turned in to the authorities by her boyfriend last season? Was she sent to the factory on the moon or is she still roaming around Los Angeles? For the life of me, I can't remember what happened to either one of them. (I really wish they would have had a season two marathon last weekend so I could refresh my memory.)

Sea, I'm assuming you are talking about the "blog" section at the above link or is there somewhere else I need to look for more stuffs?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
She went to one of the evacuation centers, and it looked like all the evacuation centers were bombed, so I presume she's dead.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.usanetwork.com/colony/videos/colony-s1-s2-recap

That is a 90 second recap of seasons one and two.

Lexie, the blog, the various video clips and text, like jump in to the season, just poke around. I keep finding things of interest! There are podcasts too.

Click on episodes and see Guide and Gallery.

Guide for latest episode

http://www.usanetwork.com/colony/episode-guide/season-3-episode-1-maquis

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sea!!!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
At first I thought we were pushed a few years ahead of last season---seeing them all living a tranquil life in the woods. Of course old Snyder is doublecrossing our heroes. I cant imagine what will happen next!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Per the last link, it has been six months.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Question: The raps are the aliens (or whatever they are) that have been the bad guys since season one. So who are the "clicks"? Is that another name for the raps? Or, are the "clicks" the second group of aliens (or whatever they are) that seem to be attacking the raps?

The gauntlet came from a rap, right? So I wonder what they expected to learn about the clicks from it.

The captive is a "click" who seems to be a machine, not biological. It said that humans are their allies and that they were sent here as the human's defense.

So now I'm all confused. Are the clicks here to defend humans from the raps? Or are the clicks just another name for the raps and they are here to defend the humans from the new creatures that are attacking the raps/clicks?

If the clicks are robots and they're here to save the humans...did humans create the clicks in the future and send them back to save humanity? Did China invent these robots and send them here to take over the world? Are the clicks good space robots trying to save humans from bad space robots? Are raps just the universe's a-holes that are trying to conquer inhabited worlds and are the the clicks the universe's good guys? Are the clicks the same specie...er...um...make and model (they're machines) as the raps? Is there a war going on between two groups of robots with humans caught in the crossfire? Am I just losing my mind trying to understand this?

I know most of my questions are unanswerable at this time :-)...but I really don't understand the difference between the clicks and the raps. This episode did seem to be written under the assumption that the viewers already knew what the heck a "click" was.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Okay I found a wiki page that says clicks and raps are the same....just different ways to refer to them.

"The Hosts

The Hosts, also known as the Clicks, are a largely unseen, mysterious occupying force that invaded and occupied Los Angeles and elsewhere (New York, Switzerland and the UK for instance) during the event known as The Arrival. These invaders are in command of the Global Authority, the Transitional Authority and Homeland Security. Their origin, and their agenda are unknown.

They are also sometimes called the Raps"

<snip>

http://colony.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hosts

I'm still as confused as ever.

BUT...I'm starting to think this is all just robot technology so possibly not even "aliens" from outer space. Remember, they made it a big deal that the invaders were not being identified as "aliens" when the series started.

I think they did have a scene last season showing refugees in Europe somewhere...that's where they found someone's mother (?) and used her as bait to get to a resistance fighter....so this is probably not an invasion force from another country...unless China or some other country were invading the entire world.

However, they could still be from the future! The only other place we have seen them is on the moon....and humans already have the technology to travel there! :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.usanetwork.com/colony/blog/josh-holloway-and-sarah-wayne-callies-interview-303

They are the same. But are they to be trusted?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"They are the same. But are they to be trusted?"

Well, I trusted the one they questioned a lot more than I trust the guy running the camp!

I don't know why, but it just seems too weird if they're "dishonest robots". :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
USA does a really good weekly recap:

Episode 3 recap

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, the USA link is at the top of the thread and the recap, blog and podcast are good, and a few other goodies.

As for trust, I sure don't trust the camp leader!!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Last week I forgot to watch Colony. :-( I didn't even remember I'd forgotten until you all started posting. Unfortunately, I was never able to find a re-air of it. So, from now through the end of the season I'm keeping a post-it on my tv to hopefully cure my forgetfulness. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If you have Comcast, you can watch it on On-Demand. You can also watch full episodes online here: http://www.usanetwork.com/colony/videos
You will need to log in with your tv provider.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tonight's show was intense!

I mean I knew they wouldn't kill off Will and Katie, so I wondered who would save them.

Thought maybe Broussard, but Snyder convinced the new guy to get on the radio.. Which c o st new guy his life, but at least the camp leader seems to be dead, but so is Charlie..

Snyder going to Switzerland ...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes! Intense and so much happened. We knew the camp would be destroyed as Broussard and is co-traveler came upon it in the future, when it's destroyed. So sad about the boy being killed. I have a feeling we'll be seeing Snyder again. Glad to see he felt a tinge of sorrow. And glad that leader was taken out. He was awful. But now they are onto a new adventure. I love this show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, the website teases.. After seeing Charlie dead, which side will Snyder be on in Switzerland?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling Gracie is a goner, too. The kids are dead weight on this show, much like TWD (which Katie, aka Lori, came from). Such a sad episode. MacGregor was a bad guy. He was a pretty bad guy in Outlander, too.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Did Vincent also die in the raid on the camp?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sea, can you please post a direct link to this week's blog?

The USA website is a hot mess. I'm trying to find the blog from this week and I click on "read this post" for this week's show and all I'm getting is a thread with videos from the show.

ETA: Never mind, I found it. You have to go to "shows" and then "read the guide." This is for anyone that doesn't want to go through that hot mess express of a website:

Episode 5 recap

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Never mind, I forgot that MacGregor killed Vincent. (These days I have the memory of a gnat.)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I can SO relate, Lexie! The memories are in there (along with everybody's names), but they're not as quickly accessible as they once were. Sigh. I'm getting old.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I agree.. I got the one with videos and then they wouldn't play!