TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 27, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: Archive through May 27, 2018 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I was thinking about this later, and it occurs to me that with all the losses Alicia has suffered, she is pretty emotionally dead at this point.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
very true, much like Maggie :-(

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Oh No! Not John Dorie!!

Alicia

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay was not expecting any of that. Dorie. Laurel/Naomi. I hope he's okay.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Earlier I posted that maybe Dorie was just crazy and that his memory of "Laura" was pretty one-sided and creepy.

Then in this ep when Dorie and Naomi first saw one another and he rushed over to her, I thought "Well, I guess he's a good guy after all"...but when Alica scremed "NOOOO!" and blasted him with her really big gun, I wondered what he did to deserve that.

Ennis said that the one "wearing the blue shirt" was the one who told them where they (Alicia 7 gang) were going to be.

As far as I can tell....it looks to me like Morgan is wearing the blue shirt and Dorie's shirt is gray. It's hard to tell on this show since the color is SO washed out and almost everything looks like grey to me.

I got screencaps from this episode, and after simply turning up the color saturation it became clear to me that Morgan was the one wearing a blue shirt.

Because of the shirt color, I don't think Alicia thought it was Dorie that revealed where they were going to be. I thought Alicia looked more like a woman protecting another woman from a very bad man.

This could all be in my head because of how I perceived Dorie's memory of Laura/Naomi....but that's what it looked like to me.

morganshirt
obvious blue shirt after raising the color saturation

dorieshirt
color still looks gray after raising the color saturation

(images taken from episode that aired last night)

-----

ETA - The fact that Naomi bent down and pressed on the wound to try and stop the bleeding didn't make me think she cared for him...I thought it was just an automatic response for anyone with medical knowledge and medical background would do.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
One more thing...

When Alicia told Dorie "She's dead" in reference to Naomi...it could have just been a cold uncaring attitude, but it could also have been that Alicia was purposely lying to Dorie in order to stop him from continuing his search for Naomi! That uncaring attitude may have been a reflation of how she feels about Dorie based on something Naomi told her.

Things that make ya wonder.....

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I got the impression that they were surprised to see Naomi... so I think they thought she was dead.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
To me Alicia was saying No about Laura / Naomi showing up in the JIC vehicle. John got in the way when she (Alicia) yelled & shot her gun which was suppose to hit Naomi / Laura.

Not expecting any of this very twisty season.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It'll be interesting to see why Alicia shot Dorie in such a sudden violent move. She didn't seem to have any problem with him until he recognized Naomi and then it was like a switch was flipped and she turned into violent killer without even thinking that her outburst could've set off the pack of vultures with their guns trained on her and her friends.

She displayed more control with the vultures she has been hunting down and who had wiped out the arena (or whatever actually happened there).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yes, Vickie, that's what I saw also.

Alicia wasn't trying to shoot Dorie. She realized (or thought) that Laura/Naomi had betrayed them when she saw that Naomi had the emergency vehicle that Madison had Alicia set up earlier in the episode. So she tried to shoot her and Dorie got in the way.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"To me Alicia was saying No about Laura / Naomi showing up in the JIC vehicle."

It never occurred to me that she was aiming at Naomi!

And it took me a couple of minutes to realize the JIC vehicle you referred to was the one Maddy asked Alicia to put together and not the one that Naomi, Strand, and Maddy got from the FEMA station.

Btw, I'm getting sick of this confusing "before" and "after" storytelling gimmick. This trend needs to stop on all TV shows! It's like going to see a stand up comic and he sets up all his jokes without finishing them and then in the final minute of his 20 minute set, he just lists all the punch lines.

In TWD universe, I LOVE the storytelling, but not so much with the random puzzle pieces of story that are thrown out that don't make any sense until, hopefully, at least by the end of the season.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also agree she was shooting at Naomi. That is also what the EW recapper thought.

I thought the voice on the walkie saying 'where is everyone' was Madison but recapper thought it was Naomi.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, I didnt realize that was the JIC car! good catch

Sanfran, I enjoyed your comparison :-)

Texas4ever

02-12-2009

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texas4ever a private message Print Post    
I got the impression that Naomi was with the vultures. She showed up right after they did. Where else would she have come from and how did she know where to go?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, she was with the vultures. She was the voice on THEIR radio asking "where is everyone."

Then Alicia saw their "Just in case" vehicle pull up, and saw Naomi get out, realized Naomi had betrayed them in whatever final showdown there was with the Vultures and shot *at* her, but Dorie got in the way and took the bullet.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Too bad John Dorie wasn't wearing a vest made out rubber so the bullet would have bounced right back to Alicia and hastened her long overdue death on the show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
on the rewatch, to me, it looks like Naomi is trying to say wait it's not what it seems like she has an explaination that will clear her of being truly with the baddies

Luci is faced with a big dilemma face to face with the little girl.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
No show tonight apparently

But this preview of the next episode might clear a little bit up about Naomi.

This is the 1st 3 min of June 3rd show
https://www.facebook.com/FearTWD/videos/2014917038826402/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No show, noooo! I didn't know that and have been rushing to catch up.

I'm annoyed at Alicia. Even if shooting at Naomi was correct for her character (I don't know that it was) after they just killed her brother and have done who knows what to her mother, it just makes me stop rooting for her.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ty Lostfan. I didnt realize it wasnt on :-( ty for the link

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I wonder why the didn’t say anything during previous last week or on TD that no show this week? Hmmm or maybe I missed it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I missed it too, if they did. Usually my Sunday evening tv is packed, but tonight I just have Westworld, everything else is off for Memorial Day.

For anyone keeping count(?) of the opening titles, this week Naomi's landrover/jeep thing drove across the screen. I'm pretty sure when (a few weeks ago) they said on Talking Dead that the title played out a little story they just meant that each one had something related to the episode they were in, not that they tied together across the season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, Kitt. I thought for sure I heard him say that you have to see them *all* to understand the little story... at least that's what I recall.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And I'm not the only one that had that impression:

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2018/04/fear-the-walking-dead-title-cards/

Although there have been no updates since.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that's the impression he gave, but they don't seem to be turning out that way. I think the original quote we're basing this on was phrased badly.