TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Claws: Archive through August 10, 2017 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think Claws deserves a thread of it's own. It is my new guilty pleasure. Claws manages to straggle the line between being rather outrageous and a bit campy and being insightful and heartfelt.

Niecy Nash, Carrie Preston & Harold Perrineau are playing well layered characters with aplomb. The cast overall is a delight.

Be forewarned, Claws can be tacky, tasteless and a bit disgusting from time to time. It is also funny and oddly enough, sweet and kind.

I have decided I am a wee bit jealous of Niecy Nash and her delicious hourglass figure. I think the costume designer on this show is having a blast.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Claws renewed by TNT.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I like Claws. I am pleased to see Niecey Nash has more range than I realized. Carried Preston is always a treat to watch. Dean Norris makes my skin crawl but he is always the same creepy character. I thought he had a very nice singing voice when he sang at Rollers wake.

I had my nails done yesterday. Nothing Claws worthy.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You know, half the time I post a cancel or renew on a show I've never heard of, and wonder if anyone else was watching, but figure they must, or it wouldn't have been renewed. So, good to see that someone is, and I'd no idea Dean Morris was in anything at the moment, I can't imagine him being in a show about nails!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, "Claws" is an absolute HOOT!

It's kind of similar in style to Devious Maids, but WAY over the top. The characters are too exaggerated to be realistic but they're a lot of fun and the plot ranges from high drama to hysterically funny. Case in point - there was a scene of a kidnapped woman tied up sitting on a toilet in the middle of the swamp.

Dean Norris is the mob boss of a family criminal enterprise in Florida and his sons, Bryce and Roller, call him "Uncle Daddy". Whu-what? (If it was ever explained why, I missed it) Oh yeah and Uncle Daddy is married but also seems to have a twink boyfriend with a tiny peepee and they hang out in a strip club. (It's an interesting family dynamic, to say the least)

Carrie Preston is in this, too...she's a con woman who just got out of prison and wears an ankle monitor and she comes across as sweet/naive but dangerous and loyal with a bit of psycho thrown in for good measure. People get murdered a lot and they swear a lot and they all have fabulous nails. Niecy Nash ("Desna") is great and she has a surprisingly tiny waist with a perfect hourglass figure...she wears a lot of fun outfits to show it off! She runs a nail salon where they're set up to help launder drug money from a pill mill in the same strip mall for Uncle Daddy.

Here's a trailer...."Claws" is a Must-See!

Trust me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwO7JjbWO58

Another clip with some behind the scenes stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzNrd4YiOGw

Lots more clips at youtube...

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran I will look into Claws on Comcast on Demand. Now I am off to goggle Uncle Daddy....

Smokey

07-07-2003

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I'm going to check out Claws, too. Your description of it being along the lines or same flavor as Devious Maids sold me. Thanks for the tip, SanFran.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You've persuaded me!! I'll see if I can find last season!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, if you guys are fans of Devious Maids, you should know that one of the regulars on Claws is Judy Reyes, who played Zoila on DM. On Claws she's kind of a tough lesbian tattooed hood rat type as opposed to the "always trying to do the right thing Zoila" on DM. I love her!

Here's a close up of the main cast..."Zoila" is on the far right.

claws

Here's the FULL HI-RES version of this photo:

(4000 x 2667 pixels) You can even zoom in close enough to count the beads in Niecy Nash's necklace!

http://www.blackfilm.com/read/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Claws-Karrueche-Tran-Carrie-Preston-Niecy-Nash-Jenn-Lyon-and-Judy-Reyes-pic-2.jpg

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
And here's an interview with "Uncle Daddy" Dean Norris about his over-the-top role:

Claws Star Dean Norris on Playing a Bisexual Crime Boss, Wild Funerals — and a Better Call Saul Cameo?

http://tvline.com/2017/06/09/claws-tnt-premiere-dean-norris-uncle-daddy-better-call-saul/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't like Devious Maids or Scream Queens, a little too campy or something for me. I did like the commercials I saw Of Claws though, so I'll check it out. Is the network replaying it from the beginning?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Wow! I had no idea about Claws. I'm adding it to my watchlist. Thanks

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
to be fair, the woman tied up on the toilet was a fantasy story.
I do like the kidnapped by an opera buff scenes though it is like a new circle of hell, the older lady opera buff pubic hair art circle.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
the hair "art" was so disgusting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
When is this show normally on?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Sunday nights on TNT.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
That poor turtle. Too bad turtles can't run far and fast.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So anyone know who took Roller?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think it was the Russians.
Ask the trumps to verify any Russian interference.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
My, my, my things are getting interesting.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so did I miss it when they explained who those guys were who took roller from the sidewalk into the SUV?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Roller is in cahoots with the Russians that is why he lives. At least for now.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Claws isn't quite as lite as I originally thought it would be. It still has many silly and ludicrous things going on, however, it has a bit of heart.

I think there is only 1 episode left.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The actor Harold < can't spell his last name> is doing an excellent job playing Desna's brother Dean.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree Marameko, I have long admired Harold Perrineau. He is a talented and diverse actor and I enjoy seeing him play a variety of roles. I liked him in The Unusuals, Lost and the few episodes of Oz that I saw. I particularly like his portrayal of Dean in Claws.