TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 30, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Conners Roseanne--the Return: Archive through May 30, 2018 users admin

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I for one have never like her shows and that was without knowing or for that matter caring about her political views. I found her rude and crude humor not to be the least bit funny.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
They are animals and there are places that are s holes, but I'm not sure how this turned into a Trump discussion. Hate filled rhetoric is hate filled rhetoric and I've been pretty offended by some of these late night " comics" and I'm sure there have been a few Christian's who took umbrage with Behars anti Christian tirade or Joy Reid's homophobic rants.
Yes Mack, she's always been a shock comic in my opinion and a big risk to mainstream her.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Right-O. Hate-filled rhetoric is hate-filled rhetoric...

It shouldn't be tolerated NO matter who it is directed towards... it should not be tolerated.

I'm feeling nostalgic for the 70s Coke commercial... I want to teach the world to sing...

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKws8A-jdww

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Trump has made hate-filled rhetoric the current norm. Roseanne is a Trump supporter. Another person's poor behavior does not excuse Roseanne's. Kudos to ABC for dropping it.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
what else is on tonight?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
no one here is excusing Roseanns behavior Kappy.
I'm thinking ABC should not get kudos per se. They knew what she was when they hired her,but I suppos all of her rhetoric added up and the camels back finally broke. They Disney/ABC has expanded Kieth Olbermans role at ESPN and he's at least as abhorrent as she, so no kudos, yet.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
What racist comments did Olberman make?

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched Olberman in years but he was fired from MSNBC for on air comments he made. I can't remember what he said now.

06-29-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Okay, we'll have to close the thread if you are going to keep making political remarks.

This thread is now for posting about the show only. NO OTHER COMMENTS.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
They apparently cancelled effective immediately, as an extra episode of The Middle aired tonight in place of Roseanne.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
thanks Cathie.

06-29-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Comments about politics must be made in the NV area. Thank you

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Cathie, wasn't last week the season finale of Roseanne?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was, but they were planning on airing a rerun.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw Dick Cavett on one of those news shows and he was saying why don't they just replace her with her "sister, Rosalind", LOL. I thought that was a good idea.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think they could kill her off during the knee surgery. then the show could be about Dan as newly single and still have all the supporting cast. Call it Dan

Cathie

08-16-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
I like that idea Pamy!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I tuned in to see what was on in it's place, it was the Middle.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes Pamy, I was saying that yesterday!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
We were discussing replacing Rosanne with someone else and trying to think of other replacements.

I just remembered John Boy Walton. He was replaced with another actor and carried on in the show.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
They replaced Becky years ago and no one noticed. LOL Ok, maybe some of us noticed a totally new actress in the role.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
a few lol

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
I was reading the problem is, if they continue with Rosanne show it is still her show whether she is on it or not. There has been talk about completely reworking a new show with the cast members.

I hate the syndication deal is gone too. As most know I have a special needs daughter. She loves Roseanne. It is on in our house 24/7. We have the DVD however, though out the year a lot of them have been scratched or damaged somehow. She has watched Roseanne for over 10 years straight every day. I do have a bunch recorded, but now it won't record different ones for her. I am going to have to replace some of these DVD before they are all gone too.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I can remember when they had a contest where we, the audience, had to vote on which Becky we wanted to keep.