TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 01, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: Archive through May 01, 2018 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that would be interesting.

Dlkuhn4

07-13-2002

Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
Yes fear is doing a time jump to walking dead time and then walking dead is doing a time jump as well so there will still be 2 or 3 years between the two

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Well if any time jump should happen is Maggie’s belly. On TD last week they said Maggie would be only 1 month pregnant, but to us she has been pregnant 2 seasons.

They didn’t drag out Laurie’s pregnancy like this. They definitely time jumped hers. Just saying.

Especially if next season is the last according to rumors of Lauren and others leaving the show and possibly being last season.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The only bit I didn't like is when Maggie started plotting against Rick. Can't we have some kind of peaceful happy times??! I understand her thinking that if she has the opportunity, or if he does anything wrong, then she will kill him, but plotting against them seems a little extreme.

Everything else was good. I'm glad Eugene turned good, even though I'd given up on him. I'm a little sad Daryl sent Dwight away, but maybe he will find Sherri and be happy at wherever they had their honeymoon. I'd have been happy with Rick killing Negan but I'm okay as long as there isn't more war.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The only bit I didn't like is when Maggie started plotting against Rick. Can't we have some kind of peaceful happy times??! I understand her thinking that if she has the opportunity, or if he does anything wrong, then she will kill him, but plotting against them seems a little extreme."

You do mean plotting to kill Negan (not Rick), right?

I was so disappointed that Negan was left alive. He's someone who will always be a threat as long as he's alive and he certainly doesn't deserve free room board, even if it is behind bars. He deserved to be put down.

Granted, doing that now after having apparently achieved peace could cause some dangerous distrust among the surviving saviors.. They should've ended Negan and given him his walking papers (pun intended) before the end of the war was declared.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 3:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I think Gimple will just run this show into the ground! That is just to crazy that Maggie Daryl and Jesus are acting like that towards Rick.

Rick aught to show Maggie Carl’s letter.

( now I will be petty! Lol) Gimple is such a goofy looking guy)

On a good note, happy they didn’t kill off Morgan. Just hope that garbage lady showed him her nice little clean condo. 😛

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sorry Sanfran, yes plotting against Rick to kill Negan, against Rick's wishes. I understand the disagreement, but not the menacing sounding plotting.

Did Gimple leave TWD for Fear? Someone left TWD for Fear this year... I'll look it up later if no one knows off hand.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I was pleased w/ last night's finale. Happy endings in most cases, except...

I wasn't sure what I heard Maggie and Darryl plotting. Were they talking about eliminating Rick/Michonne, or were they talking about killing Negan against Rick's wishes? If they're talking about killing Negan, then I'm with them. However, if they're turning on Rick, then I'm really upset.

I wanted Negan to die... it was why I put myself through this season. Sadly, I was accidently spoiled a few weeks ago by an interview w/ Chandler Riggs. He said that was why Scott Gimple killed Carl, because he couldn't figure out any other way to justify letting Negan live.

I wish they'd made Dwight the crossover character to go to Fear. It would've made sense for him to cross the country to avoid Darryl. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I heard Gimple say they have a new showrunner for TWD, so not sure who they replaced, but hoping it helps.

I generally liked the conclusion. I had stopped watching for a long time, but the last few episodes were better than the previous several seasons.

FYI - Keeping Negan alive is true to the comics.

As for Maggie plotting to kill Negan, I guess they had to leave something unresolved.

Finally, helicopter? Hello? We still don't get to know??

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Whrlwnd, Maggie was plotting with Jesus and Daryl how to kill Negan against Rick's wishes. It was the plotting part of it that I disliked. I can understand them wanting him dead and talking about taking him out if they ever get the chance, but the way they had them all cloak and dagger like that made it seems very anti-Rick, when they are actually anti-Negan. It's such early days they could probably get their way without creating such drama.

Ha, yes, the helicopter!! I forgot about that! Jadis... or Anne... knows who it belongs to and now she's living with our guys, so maybe we will find out.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This quote:

quote:

TVLINE | Am I right in thinking that Rick/Michonne vs. Maggie/Daryl will be a driving force going into Season 9?
What Maggie has said to Daryl and Jesus was, “The Hilltop is going to flourish… I’m going to lead this place and make it work. But after that, I have this little thing on my to-do list, and it has to do with Negan.” That’s the main thing. It isn’t like, “I wanna get Rick!” or something like that, it’s about Negan.

TVLINE | Really? Because it seemed pretty threatening to Rick and Michonne to me.
Make no mistake, no one is getting in front of Maggie to stop her. That’s where there is danger and potential conflict.

was in a tvline interview with Scott Gimple today. Note his second question, lol.

http://tvline.com/2018/04/16/the-walking-dead-season-9-spoilers-rick-maggie-war/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I liked the finale. I feel for all the tricks and loved them! I was glad they stayed true to the comics regarding Negan. I figured they would since they showed Morgan building the jail cel awhile back.

Gimple was promoted to the boss of show runners of both WD and FWD but he wont be so hands on so the hope is we can get back to the show we feel in love with.

but I will say the first 17 min of Fear was boring!!! Gimple better not screw up this show because the last 2 seasons have been awesome!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"FYI - Keeping Negan alive is true to the comics."

I prefer not knowing what's happening in the comics which is why I avoid that thread.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I don't want a war between Rick and Maggie, though. :-(

I understand both Maggie and Rick's motivations. He wants to honor his son, and she wants justice for her husband. Thing is, they're not the only 2 who've suffered under Negan's tyranny.

I wish they'd just go w/ the most democratic solution... put it to a vote of all citizens/communities (except former Saviors)... life sentence or death sentence... majority wins... simple as that.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I dont want a war between Rick and Maggie Daryll and even Jesus who I am surprised is in on this! Daryll and Rick were closer than brothers, and they all have been thru countless dangers and close calls with death. To let Negan come between them like this, makes it like Negan won after all.
At least the surviving Surviors f
gave up peacefully. Now Negan's wives wont have to wear those little black dresses they seem to always wear--I guess they were like a uniform!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wondering if that scene was a set up in case Mag doesnt return since she is on another show and her contract is up....Daryl could turn on her to protect Rick, or she could die trying to kill him

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Cable, I'm with you. Don't understand why Jesus would be on her side on this.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Jesus would just listen and be non-committal and nod but make his own decisions later.

I think the show overplayed that scene for drama and didn't realise how menacing it looked. First Scott Gimple played it down, and then today Daryl tweeted
"thanks for the ❤️ ( and no I’m not turning on brother Rick everyone chill".

I don't think much will come of it.

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
Keeping Negan alive as a prisoner is problematic. He's one more mouth to feed when they can barely feed their own people. Prisoners in general are a drain on limited resources. I hope they don't make a habit of taking prisoners.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 20, 2018 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There was an excellent but short-lived show called Survivor some years ago (not zombies, but an illness had killed almost everyone) and on that one of the groups had a capital punishment policy for almost any infraction, partly because of the drain on resources. The community had almost no crime because everyone was so terrified, and of course the hero group came and disrupted everything to stop the tyranny.

Not that you're suggesting killing just anyone, but it just popped into my head.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 20, 2018 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think feeding one person helped send a message to the remaining Saviors that Rick's crew really were ready for peace. Small price to pay if it works.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A quick comment on Maggie's pregnancy, after doing some timeline stuff. As usual, this is just me playing with the info we're given, might not be right at all.

This is the relevant section:

• June 21st 2011: TWD The Governor attacks the prison, kills Hershel
• June 29th 2011: TWD Carol saves everyone at Terminus
• July 27th 2011: TWD Group reaches Alexandria
• August 7th 2011: TWD Maggie tells Aaron she’s pregnant
• August 8th 2011: TWD Wolves break into Alexandria but they rebuild
• October 14th 2011: TWD Negan murders Glenn and Abraham
• November 8th 2011: TWD Rick captures Negan

Maggie tells Aaron she's pregnant on August 7th. I'm guessing that means she missed a period, perhaps expected around August 1st, so she probably conceived mid-July or mid-June.

Mid-July the group were going from Atlanta to Alexandria, running out of supplies and water, so there probably wasn't much time for baby making. Mid-June however, they were still safely in the prison, so I think that's when the baby was conceived.

As they start counting the forty weeks of pregnancy from the start of the last period before conception, which would be around June 1st, that makes Maggie 23 weeks pregnant at the end of TWD S8E16.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"As they start counting the forty weeks of pregnancy..."

?? I thought human gestation was 9 months...40 weeks is 10 months.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, I googled and got the same 40 week answer. Interestingly I saw a couple of questions by pregnant woman asking the same question.

Ya learn something new every day. I've believed "9 months" (or 36-37 weeks) since elementary school in the 1950s!

---

ETA - Just occurred to me that maybe they taught it that way to give a little wiggle room for all the women who walked down the aisle with a brand new little bun already in the oven! After all it was the 50s. I do remember family members chuckling about how this friend or that relative just had a 7lb 7oz "premature" baby...I didn't get the joke at the time.

:-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Actually, each quarter (3 months) is 13 weeks (there are 52 weeks in a year, not 48), which makes 39 weeks. 37-40 weeks is generally considered full term.