TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 29, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Conners Roseanne--the Return: Archive through May 29, 2018 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm finding overused cliches on many shows lately. I feel like I'm watching an after school special.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I always enjoy this show. some eps make me sad like last night, knowing she is a pill popper because she is in so much pain and cant afford surgery. so many people in the world are in her situation, not being able to afford the health care they need

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
In original show, Jackie owned a house. I was also wondering if Jackie is now living in an apartment , did she loose her house to foreclosure ?

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
This show is good for a few laughs but the 'issues' brought up seem more dubious than anything else. Any problems seem to be resolved within 2 episodes, like the cross-dressing child. Everything was resolved in his life -- apparently before the age of 15. We'll see how many episodes it takes for Roseanne to be cured of her addiction to pain medication.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
the magic of television?

Bump bump bump

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I’m shocked that there is already a finale. Not very many episodes to this season at all

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont think they knew if it would be a hit, I bet next season has double the amount of eps

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Next season will be a few more -- 13 episodes.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
this episode reminded me more of the old episodes.

I think there are too many people in the show now. Less of the kids and grands would be fine with me. Dan and Rosie can carry the show. Of course, with visits from the rest of the cast. Cannot do without Jackie and their mommie.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, May 25, 2018 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
no, I love the two daughters, they make me laugh!
My fav is Jackie though.

I like that they are talking about current issues.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 25, 2018 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love Becky more this time than I did back in the day

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 25, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Me too, Pamy.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
The ratings remained high.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She's in big trouble about a racially charged joke concerning Valerie Jarrett.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
have not heard about this?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I just googled it and I am not repeating it. It's bad. Just Google both names.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That's why I didn't mention what she said, It doesn't deserve to be repeated.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I disagree. It needs to be spoken out loud. People need to see how disgusting it is.

She said Valerie Jarrett looked like a product of the union of the Muslim brotherhood and Planet of the Apes.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I thought this thread was for discussing the show? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
To put that into context, she's repeating a racist joke that has been said many times about Michelle Obama.

She also posted a number of other vile things today before signing off.

This is not the first time she's said racist things. You may recall her dressed up as Hitler and "baking people" in her oven.

I hope that she loses her show because of all the vile things she has said and done.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
You're right, Scooterrific. But one of her writers Wanda Sykes has quit and there is a call for her show to be cancelled over this.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Last Updated May 29, 2018 1:26 PM EDT

Roseanne Barr is apologizing after she posted a racist tweet about Valerie Jarrett, a former senior advisor to President Barack Obama. Barr compared Jarrett, who is black, to an ape in a tweet. After initially pushing back against criticism of the comment, Barr now admits her "joke" was in "bad taste" and says she is leaving Twitter.

Barr's tweet about Jarrett said, "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj." She later deleted it and said she was sorry.

"I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste."

06-29-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
This thread, as all show threads are, is a place to discuss the show and it's participants.

Having said that, because this is such a political issue, please continue discussing Roseanne's political tweets in the NV area. Thank you.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Roseanne has been cancelled by ABC.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, no one to blame but her.

I do feel sorry for her coworkers, but since I refused to watch the show after the first one, it won't bother me.