TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 25, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: BBC TV Shows: Archive through May 25, 2017 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For some reason at the last minute, my dvr cancels the scheduled Graham Norton show. I go to watch and it's not there, so I look in the history, and it says it wasn't recorded because it's a rerun. Well I know it wasn't a rerun. As a matter of a fact, it was listed in scheduled recordings as new. At some point it get changed. So this first 3 eps of the season I have had to go find the download.

I'm in the middle of ep 2 with Robert De Niro.

eta: I have comcast/xfinity

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Only the day before it said it was Season 18 Ep 2, but what actually aired was a rerun of Season 16 finale (the compilation show). And last week it was meant to be S18E1 and it wasn't that either.

I don't know what they're up to, last season they kept up with the UK airing really well but I guess this season we're going to have a three or four week delay.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ahhh, so it actually was airing reruns at the last minute. Here I was cursing my cable company listings. I don't get why BBC would do this at all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's so fun watching "The Shires" sing in a country twang when they are from the UK....LOL

They are really good.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watch London Spy? The ending was very disturbing but engrossing.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
sounds intriguing... I'll have to check it out.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm watching Thirteen with Rik Rankin and it is FABULOUS! BBC does better detective drama than anywhere else. Well-developed characters, twists every episode that are not predictable, and fantastic acting all around.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Putter, I watched London Spy and loved it! The two lead actors were outstanding. And the show was created by Tom Rob Smith, who has also written several novels, three of which I've read (all excellent).

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed London Spy as well. I always find Ben Wishaw captivating. He's such a great actor.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I totally agree, Rieann -- he's also delightful as "Q" is the James Bond films ("Skyfall" and "Spectre"). What fun he must have had playing with all those gadgets!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, are you around? Do you know if these Graham Norton shows marked as new are actually recent new, or are they just the shows they didn't show us back when the real season started and for some reason didn't show them?

If you don't know what I mean, look at the top to my October posts.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, the Grahams airing are new, showing about a week after the UK airing. There are two new episodes left (next Thurs and the one after) but the old shows are On Demand, at least for me. You want Season 19.

They didn't show the last half of the Season 18 shows, at least not in order, so if you find S18Ep10 or later S18 episodes you might not have seen them either.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thank you :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
There is a new show starting this Thursday (taking Orphan Black's spot <sniff>).

Looks good! It is called 'Thirteen'. Synopsis...
Thirteen is an emotional rollercoaster that explores how to pick up the threads of a life half-lived, while questioning who to trust when you can’t even trust yourself.

BBC 3 Trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oYf2n-acIA

BBC America trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N9Kg9eCSWI

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Aha! I just noticed this post from Teachmichigan upthread...

I'm watching Thirteen with Rik Rankin and it is FABULOUS! BBC does better detective drama than anywhere else. Well-developed characters, twists every episode that are not predictable, and fantastic acting all around.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thirteen was really good.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Luther is September 17th on Netflix

So is

Wallander is September 22nd - I know I am a fan any others??

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am so happy! I have long wished to see the British comedy Miranda starring Miranda Hart and I found it on Hulu. I have watched the first 2 episodes and laughed out loud several times.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I love that show Sugar. Always makes me lol.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, season 20 of Graham Norton started last week and I was wondering how far behind these eps are from their original air dates? I am hoping this time they aren't screwing with us. We are up to ep 3 this coming Saturday.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks for reminding me! I saw the first one online but forgot to look for the rest (and as usual my recorder doesn't pick them up as they seem to think they are all repeats).

Last show in the UK was on Friday and it had Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner. Looks like that was S20 Ep 3, so it sounds like the US shows are only a week behind.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am going to have to check out Miranda. I have seen her on Graham Norton and she was very funny.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Mamie316, I do not think you will be disappointed. Miranda is a lot of fun.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
If you ever get the chance and it appears on BBC US or Canada again, I highly recommend Unforgotten. Great police series with the wonderful Nicola Walker and a stellar cast.