TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 17, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Resident on Fox: Archive through April 17, 2018 users admin

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yep, time for Dr. Reese to find another career.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
Code Black isn't cancelled, it returns May 2nd.

The one that was cancelled was "Night Shift", which I liked as well.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Katy I liked Night Shift, as well. I also enjoy Code Black and Chicago Med.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like Chicago Med, and they have autistic doctor and actually dealt with a surgeon denying his shaky hands and being called out on it.

But he wasn't evil..

I liked Night Shift, love Code Black.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Oh, I am so glad to hear Code Black is coming back in May. Thank you.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 5:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Me too. Love Code Black.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I thought I read that Night Shift was returning in June.

Robinm

01-31-2006

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
I hope Night Shift comes back but I read that it was cancelled.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, it was cancelled back in October,

http://deadline.com/2017/10/the-night-shift-canceled-nbc-4-seasons-no-season-5-1202188342/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, new messages said "Unfortunately it was cancelled", and I thought WOW that was quick, hahahahaha.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The latest episode of the Resident was so realistic that I saw myself just before my appendectomy ten years ago being admitted before it burst and saved just on time by the older surgeon, thank goodness he had steady hands. But it was too realistic for comfort and I relieved the nightmarish 4 days in my local hospital so similar to that one on the show.

I think the title should have been "The Residents" in plural because we have now 3 Residents involved in the story line, the Nigerian is my favorite.

By the way, I also had The Good Doctor on my PVR but I chose to watch it after The Resident and it seemed a total different universe.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Really suspenseful episode tonight. Dr. Hunter found out Lily was getting a second opinion. She then basically killed her by ordering a massive amount of Potassium. Next episode in 3 weeks, should be interesting

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I was wondering why the nurse didn't question the dosage and thought that maybe Dr. Hunter did give her the reasonable dosage but afterward the doctor increased the dosage. How long was Dr. Hunter near the patient after the nurse left? Or is it possible that the nurse did not second guess Dr. Hunter's orders when she was so mistrustful of her before.

I can guess the season finale with all sorts of accusations and will the nurse be able to prove it was Dr. Hunter who gave her the dosage? I was hoping that the cameras were installed everywhere, not just in the surgery room, and those cameras could prove that it was Dr. Hunter who ordered the nurse the dosage.

This series has a good mix of realism and drama... although the chief surgeon and Dr. Hunter are the two characters that make it totally fictional and a bit outrageous.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I was wondering why the nurse didn't question the dosage and thought that maybe Dr. Hunter did give her the reasonable dosage but afterward the doctor increased the dosage."

The nurse did question the dosage but the doctor told her to set the drip to go very slowly so it would take a full shift for the full dose to enter her system. She said that Lilly would be able to handle the high dose that way.

The nurse did what she was told and it's the nurse's name on the computer that proves it was her (the nurse) who administered that dosage. I believe what the evil doctor did was just change the slow drip to a much faster one, knowing that Lilly wouldn't be able to handle it.

Earlier in the ep, the head of the hospital told Dr Bell that she had cameras installed in all the ORs...but I'll bet those cameras will have something to do with catching the evil doctor in a lie somehow.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, thank you for explaining about the slow drip, so the dosage could have been okay but how to prove the slow drip was in fact accelerated and by whom. I also hope the surveillance cameras were by that station and clear the nurse. But it's a season finale and maybe we will have to wait till the next season, if the show is renewed.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
So... what is this show about? Is it a medical drama type show... or a murder-drama with some medical-drama tossed in?

I thought it is akin to ER... I haven't recorded or watched yet but I saw a commercial over the weekend and thought I'd check it out...

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I would classify it as a medical drama. I think it is a good show and so is Good Girls following it. I also like the new show Instinct. That doesn't belong in this thread, forgive me. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The evil doctor gives me the willies!

We had a local oncologist who was not evil acting. He was much loved and admired. He was a big supporter of American Cancer Society. He made trips to Haiti and ran free clinics there. His name even.. Dr Justice!

But.. It was found that he was scamming Medicare.

He sent to prison, but was allowed to practice at a clinic for indigent patients with conditions.

https://patch.com/california/fountainvalley/state-medical-board-agrees-not-to-revoke-license-of-l009e5c4ac3

This tv doctor is willing to kill a patient, destroy careers, support a doctor who has become incompetent.. I expect her to develop Ursula tentacles next.

Potassium has to be infused very slowly...

I just remember

quote:

First, do no harm

So this show is kind of painful, but I watch.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I enjoy this show alot. The evil doctor . . . remember when this actress played a good doctor on Providence many years ago :-)

I like Conrad's character, and he is eye candy :-)

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I totally agree.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The evil doctor . . . remember when this actress played a good doctor on Providence many years ago :-)"

I never saw Providence, but I remember her on CSI-NY where she played a main character.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I never missed Providence. She plays evil very well.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Providence was similar to Parenthood. Both great shows!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I never watched Providence, but she was ok on CSI- NY

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
This show too is dragging a bit and losing a bit of my initial interest. I was so curious to see how the nurse was going to be accused but now it seems that it's only an investigation easily manipulated by the evil doctor... And so, it will drag on till another season finale.