TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 01, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through February 01, 2018 users admin

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Did anybody watch the season finale?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 3:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I did. I actually thought the last three episodes of the season were the best (even though the last five minutes left me thoroughly confused). Did Varga really think he was going to walk out of that interrogation room?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I think Varga finally snapped when he realized that Gloria was going to get her Snicker's bar. 🙃

This season finale had endings that just kept on coming!

If there's a season 4 of Fargo, I wonder if we'll see Mr. Wrench again?

On a personal note, I think the actor who played Nickie Swango will win an Emmy for her performance.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I watched the finale. I really hope this is not the end of Fargo. This season was less bloody and graphic, more of a slow burn. And I felt bad at the fate of the one twin as well as Nickie. I really wanted her to go and build a new life. But she was bent on revenge. And the brother. I guess I saw him as part victim. I would love to see the actress that played Nickie be rewarded during awards season.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I didn't think Nikki was ever going to go build a new life. She was a cold blooded murderer and a sociopath...she was the one that came up with the idea and worked hard to loosen the air conditioner to kill the parolee who murdered the old man named Stussy. She did it without question and felt no remorse. Classic sociopath.

When Nikki killed the state trooper(?) I cheered when he killed her back. :-)

The end was great. I read somewhere that the producer wanted the final minutes to be ambiguous enough so that it was left open for interpretation. He said (paraphrasing here) something about optimistic viewers could feel it was a happy ending but others could feel the opposite because real life is rarely that simple and a whole lot more uncertain.

I'm not all that optimistic but I still saw it as a happy ending. As the clock ticked down to almost the five minute mark, Bergle had a smile on her face. It was a particular kind of smile...one that was satisfied and maybe a tiny bit smug. It was a smile that said "I win. You lose".

At least Varga might get some much needed dental work in prison...they aren't going to let him keep that metal spike to poke around at his nasty, janky teeth and make everyone's skin crawl while he's in prison.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was a little surprised that Wrench came back five years later to avenge Nicki.

I was not sad to see Meemo die in the shootout at that factory. He was a psychopath.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
SFJF, thanks for putting a finger on Gloria's smile. You described it perfectly "I win, you lose".

Lexie, Meemo was a major sociopath! He should be considered for an Emmy too. No speaking parts that I can recall but wow, facials and body movement spoke volumes.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Eggie, you're right - the actor that played Meemo did a fantastic job conveying that Meemo was a psychopathic sociopath without saying a word.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
You're probably right about Nickie, but I was hoping for a change in her ways. She ultimately got what she deserved. And yes, the actor who played Meemo. Talk aobut making the most of a role. No speaking parts and still a very memorable and impactful character.

I still have no idea what the Russian part at the start was supposed to do for us. I thought it would loop back to that.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, when that Russian police officer accused Jakob of murdering Helga, it was actually Yuri (one of Varga's henchmen) who murdered her. When they were in limbo/purgatory (the bowling alley) and Ray Wise was talking to Yuri, they flashed back to all of the people Yuri had murdered and Helga was in the front of the group.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Also, come to think about it, the start of Fargo and the ending of Fargo were both in an interrogation room. I wonder if that has any significance?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie -- that one went right over my head! Are we sure Yuri is dead? I swear, I do pay attention while I'm watching. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, from all the recaps I have read, the bowling alley was "limbo/purgatory." Wrench and Nikki made it out but Yuri didn't.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Hmmm... so is the purgatory just people's interpretation? Or did the creators confirm this? See, this is why I hated English class and reading literature and all of these interpretations. To me, a bowling alley is just a bowling alley. LOL. I did read one recap that was irritated that Yuri's fate was not clear. Normally I don't read recaps, but maybe for this show I should. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This was the official recap of Fargo where it stated that the bowling alley was limbo/purgatory. (Remember when Ray came back to her as a kitten and she told that to Emmett? - LOL - Emmett was so confused).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, I remember the kitten. Reincarnation I figured. Literary interpretations -- not my strong suit. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was very confused about the bowling alley (since it was in the middle of no where) until I read the recap.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching season 3 of Fargo. Overall, I found it disappointing. The writing for Gloria and Nikki was great, for everyone else, meh. Odd though it is to complain about Fargo being disjointed, this season was.

Season 1 was far superior IMO.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
So far, I'm disappointed too.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I decided that if I were to re-watch any Fargo show it would be as follows:

TV series 1
The movie
TV series 2

I would not watch TV season 3 again for less than $1,800,000.00. Tax free of course.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I would switch it up:

TV Series 2 (when Molly was a child)
Fargo - The Movie (since it is referenced in Season 1)
TV Series 1 (Pays homage to movie and Mr. Wrench is in Seasons 1 and 3)
TV Series 3

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, season 3 was the weakest for sure. When I sat down the watch the season finale I couldn't believe it was already over. It seemed like half a story.

The movie is still the best.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, you're right. Season three did seem like it was only half a story. There was much more going on in the first two seasons.

I love the movie. I guess I've watched it at least a dozen times.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I just found out today that Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead left their respective spouses back in May for each other.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Fargo will be back for fourth season (in 2019)!!!

Fargo - Season 4