TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 30, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through April 30, 2018 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I like Lucille as well, she is charming.

No Trixie, no!!! Maybe she will go to rehab on the show whilst she was possibly on maternity leave from having her baby in October. The babe was a bit early if I remember correctly.

Did they have rehab in '63?

I don't really miss Barbara and have no idea if she and Tom are returning.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like them, but you can find out online, if you want to be spoiled.

We will lose Trixie midway through the season. I was thinking rehab, or a spell at the mother house because of her relapse with drinking.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch Masterpiece Unforgettable tonight? It's got me hooked.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
loving Nurse Phyliss more and more each episode. She has turned into such a caring woman.
Always love Sr. Monica Joan...she ends up saying the wisest thing.
I hope Trixie is only temporarily gone...I like her character..I feel terrible about the breakup of her relationship...she never wins...
Barbara and Tom(?) are an adorable couple. He is Trixie's partner in real life.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Oh also, does anyone know when and if Grantchester is coming back?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
They are showing Season 3 of Grantchester again in Boston but I have heard that there won't be another season.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Irsnappy - I love Phyllis, too! I wonder (hope) they plan to get her and that police officer nemesis of hers together. I think they would make an interesting couple.
I also hope we get Trixie back soon. She puts so much heart into that character.

The actress that plays Sister Monica Joan always knocks it out of the park, but so does Sister Julienne. She's the glue of them all and I have always loved how her character makes no judgements on people.

I love the background music so much. Probably my favorite tv soundtrack ever. I looked up the composer, Maurizio Malagnini, and they have his Call the Midwife soundtrack on Youtube.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like Phyllis.. Actually, I remember how upset Sister Evangelina was after Phyllis came, but in one case, she came to assist Phyllis, assumed that the husband sitting in the hall was needing kindness, and Phyllis popped out with a cup of tea ☕ and a kind word, and Sister Evangelina saw that Phyllis had a heart. Her face softened..

I think Trixie will return. At least they say they simply couldn't cover up her pregnancy..

I agree about Sister Julienne and Sister Monica Joan, who, in real life was quite a bit more wilful!

I enjoy Fred, too, and his support of Sister Monica Joan.

And Tom and Barbara have been favorites for me.

Sister Winifred is always coming up with new ways to educate, but her fixation with Phyllis' car annoys me. Phyllis is not a sister and the car is here to drive or share, not to be demanded .. But is WAS Phyllis who goaded Sr Winifred to learn to drive.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Wondering if anyone ending up watching the "Unforgotten" on PBS? It is on the website for anyone who might still want to catch it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I watched Unforgotten. Will continue watching.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Radio Times, a London publication, reports that there WILL be a Grantchester series 4 but that it will be James Naughton's final year. Here's the link. http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-04-12/grantchester-series-4-james-norton-final-episodes-itv/ The article further states that there should be more seasons with a new vicar.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 2:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
so the page seems to be gone to the Grantchester story. Thanks for trying Roteach!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Unforgotten is interesting...the first three episodes dealt with one crime(story) and the fourth episode is now going to move onto another crime. I found this first story line at first all over the place. One group yet with different crimes and troubles. I still don’t think I believe one fellow. He was/is abusive and his son takes after him apparently.

Anyone else watching this have any thoughts on what they like or don’t like yet?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
You can still see all 3 episodes here if you haven’t seen any yet.

http://www.pbs.org/video/preview-duu7g7/

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I found myself with a tear or 2 tonight watching Call the Midwife. Barbara wasn't one of my favorites and I am a bit surprised to discover that I think I will miss her character.

I really like Linda Bassett, have admired her talent in everything I have seen her do and tonight was no exception. As Phyllis at Barbara's side when she was dying and in her grief on the steps of Nonnatus House, a truly touching performance.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched yet, but I had read spoilers so I knew the actress was leaving the show, which makes me sad because I did like Barbara very much and Barbara and Tom together.

I hope we don't lose Tom.

I also liked Barbara's friendship with Phyllis.

I loved last week with Sister Monica Joan and her calming down her roommate and how they warmed to each other . And her joy at renewed sight.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Vickie, I watched and enjoyed Unforgotten. I liked the different stories that were told. I do believe that the wife killed those men, but couldn't figure out why they made the son abusive to his mother.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Unforgotten is very good. The new season started last night, new mystery body.... a number of seemingly unrelated individuals, all with a hidden past. I'm already sucked in on this one! Who killed the guy found in the river!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I think I liked Barbara more than I realized.
I read an article that the actress playing Barbara, Charlotte Ritchie, wanted to leave the show.

I'm glad I hadn't seen any spoilers. I inadvertently saw one about the death of Sister Evangeline prior to that episode airing in the USA and was disappointed to know in advance.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was looking for the opposite of what I found.. Who was coming back!

I wanted to be sure Tom and Barbara would return, and instead.. Ugh.

But at least I guess I was warned..I still cried.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I cried for most of the episode. Sepsis hits home for me. In the end, my Dad who was in his 90's and had Parkinson's died from sepsis. He had successfully fought it before but this time, the sepsis won. As soon as I heard Barbara's diagnosis, I wasn't hopeful but I thought maybe, just maybe...

I loved when Phyllis finished saying the Our Father and then told Tom that Barbara had passed but the part that got me really crying was when Phyllis and Tom came into Nonatus House and everyone did a group hug but Phyllis retreated outside and she lost it.

I will miss the actress who played Barbara. I thought she played her part very well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Those were all touching moments for me, too.

And yes.. Sepsis is still a worry.

I had a friend who was given a brochure about sepsis while she was inpatient. I don't know if she knew to be scared, but I knew.

She was hallucinating, was convinced that her cat was there at the hospital.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just watched last night's Call the Midwife and sobbed through the whole thing. So sad!!! I had a feeling she was a goner, even though I hadn't read that the actress was leaving the show. I'm wondering if next season they'll bring Trixie back and she can "console" Tom. They're a couple in real life, after all.

Loved the friendship between Barbara and Phyllis. It really fleshed out the character (Phyllis) and gave her more dimension.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
OMG I just finished watching. Sniff, sniff I had a friend whose wife had the flu and it turned in to sepsis. She was only 53. Love Phyliss. I'll have to look up what she's acted in Sugar

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Linda Bassett was in East Is East, Calendar Girls and Kinky Boots to name just a few.