TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 30, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 30, 2018 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought of you!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 16, 2018 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
New trailer for FEAR confirms Morgan's timeline...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMNiJ8mO5vw

clue: it's something he's got on his person.

Or perhaps the words say even more... I haven't been able to watch it with the sound on yet :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well, I hope the original cast aren't hurt that the new people are more interesting than them!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I like the new character "Al", the journalist. As I was watching her, I kept thinking...I know her from some other TV show but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then on TTD, there was a tidbit about her playing Shannon on Lost. That was a few years back.

The other new character I liked was John Dorie. I hope he gets to hang around for awhile.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 12:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Jenna Elfman is joining the cast of FTWD this season also.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Last night was the first episode of Fear that I've enjoyed since the first season ended. :-) They've finally brought in some characters that are likeable that I already care more about than the old cast.

In fact, I'm hoping they'll have to take out a few of the old ones next week during the ambush.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Strand seemed to be underutilised last sesson, and they switched Nick's personality around a lot, but I'm still quite heavily invested in both of those characters. I don't have any feelings about Luciana (except if she's in this season, why did they take her out of half of last season?) and I like some parts of Alicia and Madison but not others. I'd have liked to have kept Daniel but I presume he's gone, it wouldn't really have made sense for him to stay.

But Althea is interesting, John Dorie is just plain likeable and of course I am very attached to Morgan. I think it's going to be unlikely that they don't overshadow the old guys.

The Fear the Walking Dead logo changed. Originally the FEAR and DEAD were similar sized, now the FEAR is enormous and the "the Walking Dead" is like a sub-title. Not sure what that means.

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
I like the new cast members for Fear. The only reason I kept watching Fear was because I like Ruben Blades. Now I have a new reason. Maybe this show will be worth staying with. John Dorie and Al are more interesting than the old characters.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed FTWD last night up until the last moment when the old characters showed up. Then I was like. ugh.. them again. blech.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was not that impressed with the Al character.

That said, I do love me some Morgan and I also like John Dorie, so that made me happy. :-)

I also like Nick, so that's good too.

The rest.... meh.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love the cowboy. I was so bored with the first 15 min of Morgan walking

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
B-t-w, did I understand Lenny James correctly on TWD say that Fear is now filming in Austin?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Austin TX.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So it looks like "NOW" is TWD S8E16 time plus however long Morgan spent in the Dump, and took to travel to TX. "BEFORE" is a point working onwards from 365 days since Madison and crew and possibly some others founded the Diamond, and then in flashback and exposition we're going to find out about what happened post dam explosion.

I found the episode really engaging, I'd almost forgotten the Morgan story. I guess they were eventually forced out and we might see the time between NOW and BEFORE in flashback too, unless it's a short time and we get to the NOW contiguously from the BEFORE.

The bad guys (Vultures) are obviously some wide ranging and populous group. I just hope they aren't going to be the next Saviours. By the way they pipered the walkers into the van and then put 12 on it, I'm guessing it's what they use to label walker stashes.

So what are they going to do with the walkers later? .

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
But but but but... he's my favourite :-(.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
that was disappointing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like they are setting us up for Madison to be gone as well. Which is why Nick felt like he had to kill that guy. I had such high hopes for this season but now I'm not so sure.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think both Nick's (and the new bad guy's) deaths and the arrival of Morgan were all a flashforward from the regular FTWD timeline.

I think the FF takes place when FTWD's timeline finally synched up with TWD's (and Morgan's) timeline.

However, there's still a few years of FTWD's untold story to tell...the arena colony and Madison's change in attitude and Nick's anxiety and "agoraphobia", etc... which I think all took place during the time lag between the two shows.

It also occurred to me that even though we knew Morgan was doing a crossover to FTWD, it's possible that he will only be seen in FF of FTWD because Morgan's story has been happening a few years later than FTWD's all along.

In any case, those missing years of FTWD during the time lag could take several seasons to tell.....so maybe Nick hasn't died yet in FTWD's present.

Btw, it seems like a lot of movies lately have been doing that thing where it starts with the FF of the murder (or whatever) and then the rest of the show is all about how they got there. It always irritates me when they do that because you know how it ends, but it's conceivable that FTWD is doing that exact thing.

Anyhow, that's how it seems to me at this moment. And you guys have all probably watched TD by now so you might already be aware of all the holes in my time jump logic. (Or not, TD is pretty tight lipped!)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 1:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, I finished TD and as I watched I was starting to wonder if I had it all wrong because it sounded like Nick would never be seen on the show again ("He's out of the country!"). Then at the very end they said we'd probably see Ennis again because they would be filling in some blanks of his story. Hah! Looks like Hardwicke was able to get a bit spoiler info after all.

That verifies one thing....Ennis and Nick died within minutes so if Ennis is still gonna be in the show (filling in some blanks in this screwy timeline) then Nick will become "undead", too (as in not-dead) cuz he'll be alive in a flashback or flashforward, depending on which show's timeline you're in, too.

Oh yeah...there's something I had half realized at the time but it didn't really sink in, so I went back and verified it - I started the ep over and scanned through the whole thing it really fast. All the scenes with Morgan had the color so washed out it was almost black and white, but all the scenes with the arena and Nick and Maddie were in much more vivid color.

"Lost" had the big whoosh sound before every scene that was a FF. I guess FTWD is doing a color change to spotlight 'em.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing the show is already done filming the current season.

They still have to fill in the back story, and it sounds like it will take most of the season to do so. FWIW, I really don't like that kind of story format, drives me a little bonkers.

But I still think (maybe because of the flower) because of Nick's rage, that he killed Ennis because Ennis killed Madison, and that's why we don't see her in the present scenes.

I'm still disappointed that they killed Nick. Even though we'll see him in the back story, clearly, he's done for the future.

SanFran, did you catch what they said about the mini story showing in the "Title images"? What was that all about?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
In Episode 2 they labelled the two story lines as "Before" (the story where they're at the Diamond) and "Now" (the story where they met Morgan). Nick was killed in the Now, but is still alive in the Before.

It really did sound in TD as if Nick had finished filming, so I wonder if they filmed the "Before" scenes in sequence before they filmed the "Now" scenes. That way Nick would be there for all the "Before" but could leave after they filmed E3 of the "Now." Similar for Madison if she's dead.

Or it could just be that Chris was so upset about Nick he wasn't thinking straight about Nick still being in the show.

It bugs me that we're going to see the Nick storyline play out in the Before, and come to a nondescript end, presumably just before the Now starts. So Nick's last scene won't be his death scene and won't even be special, as we know the next scene (chronologically) will be his first scene in the Now timeline from Ep1.

I suppose they didn't have much choice, with Nick wanting to leave, and I wonder if that's why they had to bring Morgan over. Nick is definitely one of the more interesting originals, and without him there needs to be something else.

I also think there's a chance Madison is dead too. If the Vultures had her, Nick wouldn't have been so quick to kill Ennis, or at least without demanding to know where Madison was.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The actor that played Nick wanted to leave? That will make me feel better if that's true.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
So what, Nick is dead, not dead? I don’t get it.

Never really got into this show completely anyway.... when they killed off the only likable character, (Madison’s BF) the show never really did it for me as much.

Why are they killing off all the main characters

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Nick is dead.

However, because the show is currently flipping between two timelines (before and now), he will still be seen in the "before" portion until it's over. "Now" he's dead.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Frank Dillane (Nick) asked the producers to leave some time in Season 3.

Makes me wonder why they didn't have a heroic ending with him going down with the dam.